Is there an album that you enjoy as much today as you did when you were 12?

Is there an album that you enjoy as much today as you did when you were 12?

Mine is OK Computer and Abbey Road

Yeah lots. Grow up motherfucker.

Eminem's first two LPs
I am nostalgic over Recovery too even though it's shits

Nevermind

this but unironically. i can see past the cheesy lyrics and the radio pop production, the music is pretty good.

Demon Days

2bh no. 14 was the age i started listening to music that i would still consider good now (mostly classic rock) Everything else before i was 14 was Three Days Grace, Blink-182, Linkin Park, etc. Though ill return to a band like blink-182 and still enjoy it a lot, but only in the context that its shitty, fun pop punk that makes me nostalgic.

DAMN.

All n' All (Earth, Wind, and Fire)
The White Album
Aja

One of the first albums I owned. Love it as much today as I did when i first got it.

Honestly I probably like it a bit more now

this

I mainly just listened to compilation albums at that age. I'd still enjoy The Essential Bob Dylan and The Beatles red and blue albums as much though.

To be honest I'd much rather listen to The Beatles compilation albums anyway, other than the hit songs half their early songs sound the same and the later experimental shit grows old fucking fast.

Folie a deux by fall out boy, i was a litle older than 12 though. Though it wasnt recieved well by critics, even caused their hiatus, it will always be up there with my favourites, Its just timeless, and it helped me when i was manic depressive, as did a lot of their early stuff, since it was slightly angsty (you cant blame me, depressed teenager, that shit was like candy.) still love it. I even got my dad into it, he loves fall out boy now, unironically haha

rage against the machine
listened since i've been 3 yo
still fucking rules

I still really like this album, as well as their other stuff before it. I'm sure it's just middle/high school nostalgia, but stuff like Coffee's for Closers and The Patron Saint of Liars and Fakes from TTTYG holds up real well in my opinion.

that was their only album i could never enjoy, maybe a bit too loud for me, but a good band none the less

>some people didn't realise Elton John was gay when this was released
>didn't come out closet for another 3 years and even then only as bisexual

How? Just look at that damn album cover.

I honestly thought people would take the piss outta me for saying i like fob but things like 'youre crashing' and basically all of their less commercial songs still have huge emotional and nostalgic value for me. I actually cry sometimes when i hear them because i link that band so closely with my mental disorders in my teens, so its bittersweet.

We honestly didn't consider it very much in the early 70's. Very few people were openly gay and it certainly was not reflected at all in the songs on this album.

Automatic For The People / Ziggy Stardust

true, i mean look at queen, even one of musics biggest names was in the closet until the mid 80's around about, no one even considered it really haha. No one had gaydars then

Devils Night - D12

I didn't even listen to music until I was 16 or so, so no. But I do still have some favorites from around that time.

Holy shit is there another me out there somewhere, that is one of my favourite albums from the 2000's and nobody ever agrees that it is even good. Boggles my fucking mind. The writer for that album has faded off into oblivion now though. That was Panics best work by far,

Black Sabbath - Paranoid, user.

in utero

first 3 Cypress albums are still incredible.

Hybrid Theory
Blizzard of Ozz
Significant Other
Life is Peachy
Americana

playing THPS2 and Quake on N64

Pink Floyd - The Wall
I grew up with the concept of this album and now after years as I am older I understand the whole idea.

Lamb of God's early albums are still tremendous. Aside from that I don't think I listened to anything then that I would consider awesome now.

All of the nu-metal I used to listen to has not aged well AT ALL though Jesus Christ. I might put it on occasionally for nostalgia but it's really basic stuff formulaic and meh.

I also listened to surf and reggae a lot at the time and that still sounds just as moderately good as it did back then. Alpha Blondy and Laika and the Cosmonauts, still good shit.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Tommy

trips checkem

Steal this Album!
Still my favourite by them

The Killers up to Battleborn. I do love Battleborn too, though.
I think I'll always love them, I grew up on it.

I don't recall liking any albums outside of some The Beatles albums I had, so yeah Revolver and Sgt. Pepper's have held up pretty well

I used to watch a lot of MTV at the time (late 80's) - I appreciate a lot of the music I only knew as catchy singles then with music videos as albums more than I did then

Discovery
Dark Side of the Moon (but not The Wall)
thats about it

In Utero

Nik Kershaw's 'The Riddle'

yeah definitely; the nostalgia provides a weird buffer against criticism for most cases but i return to demon days and it's just good

Just makes me feel good.

This is the only album I've ever consistently loved, and I recently got into music theory and now I only appreciate it more.
10/10

Certainly SCIENCE by Incubus...
Good old memories

American Idiot

Black Parade

All of them

When I was 12, I was only allowed to listen to christian music.

I still occasionally jam to Newsboys, Carman, dc Talk, John Reuben, Pigeon John, early tobyMac, Third Day, Hero the Rock Opera, Jeremy Camp, early Skillet, Plus One, BarlowGirl and Jars of Clay.

Although I still like most music I used to listen to in highschool, I never really got the "growing out of music thing"

I mean I get its weird being a 40 year old listening to mindless self indulgence, but shit if you like something, just fucking enjoy it

These

You listened to Dissection when you were 12?

Literally any daft punk album or gorillaz album from the 2000s.

remain in light just gets better every year

you sound like a fag without the homosexuality

recently rediscovered this on a burned cd in my old walkman