Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aJaZc4E8Y4U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>2018
>can't appreciate all genres
fuck off pretentious pleb

>le all genres
>>>/reddit/

what's wrong with having a varied taste you twat?

they are objectively better genres than others fag

>music is objective
fuck off Sup Forumstard

>they are objectively better genres than others fag
Hahahahahaha and how would you know that if you've never listened to any genre other than post-rock and synth pop?

How dense are you my guy?

>Proceeds to make a completely subjective statement

Hip-hop is for people who aren't really interested in music on it's own, but in image and show. It's fine to listen to it, but it's not exactly high art.

What do you guys even consider as good art? Anything that makes you feel? Without considering the real meaning and effort this could have?

the best reggaeton song is objectively worse than the best classical song

the best rap song is objectively worse than the best jazz song

the best trap song is objectively worse than the best progressive rock song

I bet you bunch of fags think that pic related is good art

This

The whole essence of music as an artistic form of expression is to extract emotion for listeners to resonate with. Every true musician, artist, and band creates music with the sole intention of conveying emotions via the message and meaning of the song, so people could either contemplate how it relates to their intrinsic existence as a human, or regard a song as jovial fun and exuberance. In fact, art is what happens when dreams transcend our existence into a state of emotion we've never, or have yet to experience in our daily lives. Fantasies about the wand levitating the orbs to their sockets in order to unlock that marrow staircase to the door of lies is art. A sword that heals death lives in art. The palms of deities providing eternal slumber is art. Art is what happens when you learn to dream.

Where have you been looking? It's more nuanced than this

What will be the big new genre all the normies will lap up after the hip-hop craze dies?

yurocuck

it's pointless to compare reggaeton to classical, it's like comparing apples to oranges. they're too different from each other

>the best reggaeton song is SUBJECTIVELY worse than the best classical song
>the best rap song is SUBJECTIVELY worse than the best jazz song
>the best trap song is SUBJECTIVELY worse than the best progressive rock song

You and this guy criticize those who listen to hip-hop for only caring about image, when it's literally all you care about. You seem to enjoy the smug sense of superiority when you listen to what you deem "objectively better music."

The truth is that you're both plebs for thinking that limiting the music you listen to somehow refines your taste. Listening to a handful of genres and autistically berating people for exploring different kinds of music makes you the worst kind of music listener.

You're so obsessed with trying to be a connoisseur you've forgotten what the word means. A connoisseur is knowledgeable in every genre, knows what they like and why, and knows what others like and why. By not listening to a genre, you will never have a real opinion on it, only baseless assumptions.

Stop being a pleb, grow the fuck up, and let people listen to what they want.

Everything has its own niche. Music doesn't, nor should it have one precedent... and that's ok. Critique of any jazz composition should not be applied to a prog rock composition because, apart from some possibly shared qualities, they're two different entities. That doesn't make one better. Nobody is obligated to like everything, but deeming something, "objectively worse," due to it not adhering to the qualities of another genre is just fucking stupid.

When did i prohibid anything? All I'm saying is that music is not subjective, but musical taste is.
I find myself enjoying things i know are bad, without care or technique, but that's my personal opinion, while the fact that music is objective stands still, don't you dare to be condescending and asumming things

Who's being the child here?

>All I'm saying is that music is not subjective, but musical taste is.
There is literally no logic in that sentence. The sounds that make our brains feel good isn't objective. Rocks banging together is going to sound better to someone than Queen will.

You're completely wrong. I listen to hip-hop, I listen to rock, I listen to country music. But I still think classical music is objectivelly better than these genres. You don't have to dislike or even avoid something to rank it lower than something else.

there's literally no reason to listen to rap over funk

But music is not just what sounds good to your brain, it's also knowledge of the principles of harmony, composition, performance, and a lot more. Some styles of music are a lot more sophisticated in these regards than others. That's why Bach is objectivelly better than Kendrick Lamar. Doesn't mean you have to prefer or even like Bach's music, but there is no way to say he is not better at the art of music, because it is an art and a craft, and not just subjective taste.

in what world does sophisticated = objectively good? You have no argument. I'm not gonna sit here and try to disprove a negative. Art is subjective. Music is art. Music is subjective.

then what is even music for you user? If not this, and i quote "The art of arranging sounds in time so as to produce a continuous, unified, and evocative composition, as through melody, harmony, rhythm, and timbre"

If we use the same shitty logic you are using, then even the sounds of pouring water or farts are art if we like them enough

>then even the sounds of pouring water or farts are art if we like them enough
Yes
youtu.be/aJaZc4E8Y4U