Sup Forums's favorite albums

post your favorite album and others rec/rate/hate based on it
this is easily my favorite album of all time. I haven't been able to find another artist/album that comes close to the depth and weirdness of Not Available. Some stuff that's similar that I enjoy is: Sun City Girls, RaccOO-oo-OOn, Zach Hill's Astrological Strays.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=szC8cS9M-Ew
youtu.be/CIdsDXKr39g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

thanks mang. I'm a pretty big Primus fan already but they suck
Relics is a weird choice for your favorite PF album. It may as well just be a Syd Barrett album. Check out his solo stuff if you haven't. Dark Globe is his best IMO but a lot of people prefer Madcap Laughs

Blink 182 - Dude Ranch
It's what my Childhood sounded like

>tfw you favorite album happens to be the one that nearly imploded the board.
I'm sorry guys, but its really good. Especially the math-y rhythms in the first half and the organic songwriting of tracks like Beyond Alive

Already a big Ween fan.
I don't think Limp Bizkit and The Residents are anything alike at all

I love Jenny Death, but The Money Store takes the cake as my favorite DG album

pic related is at least one of my favorites, looking for more guitar worship albums like Jimi and Kyuss

Check out You Think You Know Me by Gary Wilson

Kill The Vultures has a sound very reminiscent of Grips, but their s/t album has a very jazzy, minimalistic sound that you might vibe with if you like math-y rhythms.

>more guitar worship
Maggot Brain - Funkadelic, if you haven't heard it. Also Wheels of Fire - Cream has some phenominal guitar highlights throughout.

>
>thanks mang. I'm a pretty big Primus fan already but they suck
Thank you for keeping this meme alive, Sup Forums

Moondog

Op here. I've listened to Third Stream quite a few times and it's brilliant. What other albums should I get into?

you might like this youtube.com/watch?v=szC8cS9M-Ew

Love that one. It took me a few listens, but it really started to click once I thought of it as a live opera. Its like they perfected the aesthetic of janky primitive CG before janky primitive CG was even a thing, blows my mind.

this whole album is great
if you like crazy japanese vocals but also bleep bloops give plus tech squeeze box a try, specifically cartoooom

Kill the Vultures is great, the opening to their self-titled is one of my favorite. I think I might like Carnelian even better.

Thanks, I remember seeing them around in my shibuya-kei phase last year, never really gave them a chance though!

bump.

Good albums

...this album is decent. I just always felt that the unique sounds and atmosphere(just like with Draft) were the selling point, because the rhythms, song structures...are fucking boring.

Imo Quaristice is easily the best. Literally songs like this

youtu.be/CIdsDXKr39g

while the clean crisp atmosphere isn’t mind blowing in itself, listen to all the juicy variations in volume, rhythm...it literally can’t sit still. No song on Confield has the power of this one song(among several others in Quaristice).

Milk From Cheltenham - Triptych Of Poisoners
Jah Wobble's Invaders Of The Heart – Take Me To God
The Jesus And Mary Chain – Darklands