/daily/ - Blessed by Allah (pbuh) Edition

You let it die, you fucks

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1CVnwul0O1b
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/little-joy/little-joy/
youtube.com/watch?v=fEQyi6eCxWw
youtube.com/watch?v=oNj5lv1AGao
youtu.be/ND8s96KC81E
youtube.com/watch?v=BoqvGLdjUhE
rateyourmusic.com/genre/baroque pop
rateyourmusic.com/genre/Chamber Folk/
youtu.be/4ghmF89AauA?t=3m28s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

helo

>ywn be this talented a tastemaker

Is this yamir?

Brel btfo

More of these?

I am hearing that on his deathbed Billy Graham received the light of Islam and unhesitatingly recited the Shahāda. Even now he looks down on the Ummah from the gardens of Jannah. Truly there is no god but God, and Mohammed is his prophet!

heard mas flow today, can confirm it is a masterpiece

inshallah brothers

bump

Listen to more No Wave

why tho

no *waves goodbye*

Fuck
It's a scene that doesn't get talked about or listened to enough other than the bands that came out of it, Swans and Sonic Youth. It has a big variety of shit, varying from the weird and abrassive vocals and insturments of Mars and DNA to calmer and catcher stuff like Konk and Lizzy Mercier Descloux to even modern classical with Glenn Branca.

but i've heard all of those except konk and i'd rather not hear any more

>It's a scene that doesn't get talked about or listened to enough
May it remain this way for many years to come.

why don't you listen to A Wilhelm Scream more? orgcore isn't talked about at all here, so there

Well the thread is for other people too

bebsi

wow he made an album that i really like, at last
i might buy the cd only because i like the cover art but the quantity is low so none of u fuckers buy one i get paid on friday

holy dead

game:
post anime cutes and an album u don't like

deathconciousness

deathconsciousness

what about it?

I imagine you don't like it

Just finished GJ-Bu and my lord did I want to hug Kasumi tightly and spin her around. Album wise, Oasis's Be Here Now was so overdrawn and inflated that I nearly slipped into a coma while listening to it. They really should have halved each track length.

How is Little Witch Academia? Always see stuff on it though I can never put my finger on whether its supposed to be the witch version of Naruto or more a short-running anime that'll get a couple seasons of development then properly resolve itself.

Hope that you're having a nice day by the way user.

there are the gays. they are here. rejoice

i don't like that patron saint of bridge burners album. i have a hard time with emo to begin with
i read the story behind the guy and everything but WOW is it throbbing angst and whine
i'll prob have to give it another shot because muh tragic suicide-note album but yeah very unappealing at least rn

also full of hell gets me really irrationally angry for some reason but they are also dumb

oh nvm I'm a dumbass what else is new

who is this boy? also deja entendu

it's definitely not as slow as naruto
and i do hope we get another season but i wouldn't bet on that

whats wrong w angst and whine again

'77 Live

deathconsciousness

>angst and whine
i don't really know but there's a specific breed of angst and explosive self-expression that almost begins to feel like... overcompensating? maybe the theatrical sobs and shrill yells ultimately turn me off more than they lure me in.
but see that's weird. bc i love jamie stewart and his singing and generally i want his dick. so idk maybe it's just this guy specifically i don't like

or maybe you do like it already but haven't realized it yet hmm

Suicide
Yup

p sure that's what i did with boys so you never know
i get that the original point here is contrarian tastes but i REALLY like suicide so my blood boils, friendo. however i respec.

while we are all being cute and posting anime like a bunch of goons can yall help me? i'm working on this melody and i think it sounds catchy enough but i don't know. the goal is kinda sad but pleasant to listen to
vocaroo.com/i/s1CVnwul0O1b

everyone does, i'm p sure he's just talking about the album by the band of the same name

yeah i meant the album too. unless that was some sort of gotcha

ayo faam hiit me up with that tourney template

also this counts as an animu qt
I don't like Anthony Braxton

Gonna do scores out of 10 to keep things spicy.

First album:

Dexy’s Midnight Runners - Searching for the Young Soul Rebels

I try really hard not to be biased against 80s pop or the whole blued eyed soul movement but it ends up happening anyway. The production style of this era isn’t usually my favorite, whether it’s the harsher side of post-punk or smoother sounds of synth pop. This is kind of an exception though. The whole album is filled to the brim with brass arrangements, an insane amount of sax and this cool jammy sound. “The Team That Meets in the Caffs” is a prime example, it’s a fusion-y piece that bubbles up and explodes out of nowhere and sounds so cool. There’s a real jazzy feel on “I’m Just Looking” as well and the overall sound (especially the vocals) reminds me of King Krule. Wouldn’t be surprised if this was one of his inspirations. The vocals are actually a huge standout - Rowland is pretty unique and theatrical throughout the whole thing and he manages to keep an album that could’ve easily been bland, quite exciting. “Keep It” is probably my favorite track on here though, it has this scattered, crazed feel with beat poetry and this sax that bounces all over the place.

Overall, this album has a cool sound, plenty of heart-wrenching soul tracks, lotsa 50s chord progressions, an absurd amount of sax and even some more ambitious cuts. Not my usual thing but I have to admit this is well done and pretty fun too.

7/10

>call me flockamemri

Perfect timing, I just broke this bad boy out again.

hii taco

rec is Just Before Music by Lonnie Holley

if you're doing a theme and that doesn't fit I wanna reserve a spot if that's legal thanks

hows the weather, lads?

English weather as good as usual
Can anyone throw me some summery songs so I can try to forget the rain and cold

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/little-joy/little-joy/

glad to hear the skies are treating you well.
youtube.com/watch?v=fEQyi6eCxWw
thing song often helps me appreciate nature

Anyone know any albums about futile love

(that isn't Hospice)

my diary desu

youtube.com/watch?v=oNj5lv1AGao

accel more like incel

It's another wu tang bump

Man I tried really hard to get into suicide but something about it just did not work for me.
Icy roads today

Best jerkcity I’ve seen in a while

>Man I tried really hard to get into suicide but something about it just did not work for me.
try again, you'll succeed eventually

Planning to record a live performance of a La Monte Young piece soon once I have the necessary equipment. Exciting.

YAH

Give me your opinions on this medley

youtu.be/ND8s96KC81E

as a muslim i do not know how to respond to this particular theme satire

>review
anyway, lately i had spent listening to Joanna Newsom, "Ys" and "Divers"

I would rate Divers 10/10, listened to the FLAC audio, it's a flawless record from the start to finish.

>need rec 4
I need a rec for more music like this, preferably modern music that has inclination toward classical composition,

listening to Joanna Newsom reminded me a lot of this baroque composer, Handel.

>my rec
if you guys haven't heard of Georg Frederick Haas' Limited Approximation, you guys should give it a listen. sound kinda like Penderecki's Threnody to the Victims of Hiroshima, but it is even more, more intense and cathartic imo. link:

youtube.com/watch?v=BoqvGLdjUhE

sounds good

sounds bad

sounds good

why is Ascent the last track on Sun Ship
its dumb

Glad you liked! :D

does anyone ever listen to them and get upset that they can write a marginally better song than you ever could talking about fucking and dicks and superheroes

>does anyone ever listen to them
nah

how you liking this snow tho?

my girlfriend loves it cause she thinks they are silly. my ex-roommate bass guitarist loved them cause METALLLLLL. I like them cause they do cool live medleys.

henlo bullrider
Colette Roper - Piano Pieces

blow something up lmao

how bout I ship u to the sun idiot

that pig looks like roy moore

reserved

>I need a rec for more music like this, preferably modern music that has inclination toward classical composition,
Check out anything bucketed in "baroque pop." Van Dyke Parks, who did songwriting for Pet Sounds, and did a lot of the arrangements and production for Newsom's Ys. The genre as a whole leans more heavily on the pop end, but you might find some good string composition-based records there
>rateyourmusic.com/genre/baroque pop

Also check out "chamber folk," which Joanna Newsom is more typically bucketed in
>rateyourmusic.com/genre/Chamber Folk/

Also I don't get why the memri tv memes are back either. I thought they died like months ago

true about VDP but really only Song Cycle fits this at all, the rest of his stuff wanders through too many other genres to apply imho

sun ship tracklist by order of recording is much much better and i know it and everyone know it and the pig knows it too he told me and if u dont know it i dont know if you know anything at all

lol that makes sense. The only VDP album I've heard is Song Cycle

whew, glad that wasn't a *pushes up glasses* kind of post
also i highly recommend Discover America

yeah i'm liking it, i'm lucky it snowed all night before my days off. i'm trying to pick a comfy mood listen but to no avail
post fav song and why is it city hall
piggos are extremely overrated
>tfw no qt baby pupper to cuddle while you listen to musics

>whew, glad that wasn't a *pushes up glasses* kind of post
who? me? why would u think I would ever do something like that

>why is it city hall
???? what

I still think Beelzeboss is pretty funny.

that pink tape is actually good

thoughts?

what do you mean by post feelist?

post-feelist is a trip here

check out owen pallett for pop with heavy classical leanings. a lot of baroque or chamber pop music tends to lean more towards the pop side with baroque instruments, but owen's music is often more classical over the pop, and often times leaning towards avant garde modern classical styles. his two best records are Heartland and He Poos Clouds.

parks did songwriting on SMILE, actually.

h

e

l

>jimmy eat world fronted by ellen page
>weezer as massive nick & norah’s infinite playlist fans

Could you guys recommend me some movies? Nothing too obscure please.

Also finished this chart, the hip hop and krautrock rows were great.

n
o

salam alaikum

i can give you a couple i love movies. what kind of movie do you want?

It was 70 degrees yesterday and it's snowing today. Fuck climate change.

I haven't seen Jerk City in forever. This one's very good

sick

Kwaidan's good for a snowy day :)

I'm working on a more formal review but Eden's Island is an absolutely fascinating album. It manages to have a super unique atmosphere for 1960, meshing bossa nova vibes with hints of dreamy psychedelia, cool beat poetry lyrics and even some awesome field samples to tie the whole thing together. Only downside is the tracks like "Mongoose" and "Banana Boy" which feel a bit insincere and corny - but the rest of the album more than makes up for it.

Fantastic, I look forward to listening to this album more to try and piece together what makes it so cool.

9/10

youtu.be/4ghmF89AauA?t=3m28s

fuck embed didn't work. start playing at 3:28 for the joke to work

7th or 8th snow storm this month tomorrow, I lost count

I wish i was joking

Knob

Nothing in particular, just rec me your favorites or whatever. My favorite movies are probably Eraserhead, Pulp Fiction, La Haine and Werckmeister Harmoniak

Videodrome

Already seen that, it's decent.

Thanks, I'd prefer something that's not that old, but I might give it a try anyway as it is snowing heavily where I am

Just listened to smashing pumpkins - Siamese dream, suggest me more albums like it

Smashing Pumpkins - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya