How come millennials are poor?

How come millennials are poor?

Coconut water bottles are expensive.

They don't know what to do with their money and waste it on a useless degree in college.

Tattoos and piercings are pricey too!

Thirty years of Reaganomics.

There's literally little to no career prospects for a major in "Women's Studies".

I'm a millennial, not poor.

They hate hard work and no one teaches you how to invest or start a business.

This is the correct answer.

because they bitch a lot and make up excuses
source: this thread

>shit education planning (Bad degrees, going to college because 'you have to'
>don't know how to plan monetarily
>spend money on useless shit (Starbucks everyday, apple products, eat out a lot)
>don't know how to be poor in general (buy rice, bulk food, etc)

It's not that we are poor. We just can't place a find to settle because housing costs so much

>inb4 lazy millenial

That's true to some extent for a lot of us but people that are going to ivy's and going to great school still have hard time settling in. It's kinda difficult.

We're born into poor families

Capitalism.

Boomers fucked all of us over.

Obamacare

senpai i work in the oil patch and im poor, 22 years old. LOW OIL PRICES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW MUCH WORK IM GETTING.... kidding 2 years ago i was making 60k, now i bet i wont even make 30k this year.

they dont work. they just stay in school forever.

No shit Ahmed, they hand everything to you.

They want free shit, but more importantly they feel they are entitled.

Nice memes

>didn't go to college
>scrupulous with money
>never gone to Starbucks or bought apple products in my life, eat out maybe 3 times a year

Gulag yourself.

baby boomers fucked up the economy, and don't retire, pushing people out of the job market.

our jobs are becoming automatized and require less workers, but more people keep getting born or immigrate.

soe a shit
sheever a best

Because baby boomers destroyed the economy and the only job "growth" are shitty, part time and in the service sector.

simple, they're lazy.

pretty much
because water is for degenerates, it comes from the toilet? what are you cindy a toilet person? gawwwd

no but really, millenials aren't all poor, some have daddy and mumsy's money to pay their rent till their mid 30s and have all those support systems, but they'll only end up pink collar or whatever, you know, living in the guesthouse, driving a BMW but still flipping burgers.

there aren't any jobs because well, you weren't brought up to negotiate, now it's an automatic dealbreaker in the interview, where back in the day they'd sya "you know what? i fucken like this guy, he's got the right sutff, rye or burbon?" now its batch-hires to the lowest bidder, and any meaningful position is being held by long tenured employees, depending on the company,

made 18$ an hour for the last 8 months? hope you haven't fallen for the targeted advert racket buying onesies and pokemon cards because guess what? you're going to be on welfare for 2 years.because you're now overqualified for the position and underqualified for a career.

There's no career prospects anywhere. There's "tech" jobs that only seem to exist online and people wanna commit sudoku by the time they're 27. At this point i think jobs are memes. literally every person i know under 30 is unemployed or makes less than 15 an hour.

This
Nobody I know is happy or making above 15 dollars.
It's not that they were lazy, they've been hard workers their entire life, they're stingy smart people. But in this market they just get fucked .

Most people have withdrawn come society or taken low pay jobs that make them want to die

And yes they're STEM and interned

>all that shit
millennials give themselves the illusion of being poor because they cant afford expensive high end things like luxury cars or an apartment in the middle of the city.

30 years ago, fresh graduates suffer just to get food on the table. rent is cheap sure, but life in general didnt get easier until theyre in their 30's

Most Americans are poor and don't even own their cardbox houses. Failed state.

sounds about right.
worst part is everyone is playing ostrich with it and asks from the top down "so why don't you have a job yet?"
>that's still a thing?

but yeah, simple, you generally have to be an actual, literal dick sucker, and a scheming pile of shit, like that mincy cunt from mad men, rather than like, be actually good at your job, you have to role play like some fucking soap opera.

and if you get a real man's job breaking stones or something, well, you're going to go broke on muscle relaxants and you're going to get scrawny not buff, and every now and then some middle aged, balding manlet forman who is likely fucking your highschool crush and your girl next door is probably got some insecurities about his fleeting masculinity and andropause and will go off on a red-faced "this work ain't good enough" veins in neck bullshit.

STEM is a meme.

We need to get rid of capitalism, automate as much as possible and share the rewards. There's no sane reason to work long hours in the 21st century, it's just capitalism requires it to squeeze profit from the workers.

Prices of stuff and anything in general are increased by inflation and greedy corporations, while salaries are way, way smaller.

ALSO, most millenials tend to jump from job to job, instead of keeping a good steady job, making a career and gaining experience and skills for a better position and raises.

>housing costs so much
It really depends on place here in Mexico, houses got smaller and cheaper, you can get a house for $15,000, but they are usually 2 small rooms and 1 bathroom and 1 living room/kitchen, back then like 20 years ago, we had big houses but the cheapest ones were like $70,000.

>There's no career prospects anywhere.
That's not true man I make 80k, which is fine even after my high cost of living. I mean sure I'm 27 and wish I was dea-
>There's "tech" jobs that only seem to exist online and people wanna commit sudoku by the time they're 27
Fuck

What does millennial mean? I keep seeing Americans use it here often.

>genuine beauty vs goblin
Ill fucking cut you

We all can't take a boat and cross the Mediterranean and walk to Germany for free shit Ahmed.

maybe in malaysia.
here i'm pretty sure food wasn't an issue, maybe parts and pieces, but luxury items were, whatever it was the "iphone 6" of the day, (probably an RCA colour tv) was like 8 times the price. replacement tires, chocolate, oranges, stuff like that.

still I've found myself more than once literally suffering from malnutrition.

Yeaaaaaa.
The generation of the Ipad. Fuck you OP

Everyone who was born with a computer or a cellphone, Mostly everyone born in the 90's or after that (Some people might argue that people born in 80's classify as millenials too)

birth years ranging from the early 1980s to the early 2000s

Though some others suggest it stops around 94/95 since some of the kids don't remember before 9/11 as much.

Because they blow their fucking money on bullshit rave concerts and go to them dressed like fucking fairies and nymphs and stupid shit like that.

Earlier meme answer aside, for the vast majority of us, the American Dream of old is gone.

Gone are the days where you could work a factory job out of high school and raise a family, take vacations and the like. Gone are the days where dating involved a chocolate malt followed by a car ride down to Makeout Point.

We don't get that shit, because Boomer McFuckstein saw it fitting to piss on what their parents taught them. The state of affairs with the millennial generation, moving forward, is grim. Hell most of my socializing comes from talking to you faggots here. The world ain't appealing.

Tempted to get a shack and fuck off to the middle of nowhere or go innawoods.

and who funded the Ipda? who owns the patents? factories? shares? who profits from every unit sold?

>justin bieber
who signed his deal? who makes 94% of his revenue?

So it's a keyword - why is OP generalizing it then?

96 here so based on what you say - I'm excluded.

those people are there because capitalism and imperialism destroyed their countries.

Can't say I blame you. I don't even know how to talk to anyone in person or keep a convo going anymore.

>not wanting tall aryan ubermensch children
nigga have you seen her lately? she grew out of her "wtf" phase somehow

/thread

Millennials are confirmed faggots. They are worst generation ever. They created this sjw feminist nu-male nightmare of a culture. They deserve to starve broke and jobless in the streets for their sins.

back then luxury items like a color tv are something people would only dream of
these days its something that everyone must own.
people actually got richer as time moves on.
remember back then when your parents didnt buy you junk foods or visits to McD? because tasty food was fucking expensive back then. sure double cheeseburgers costs 1 dollar in 1990 but people made much less money as well.

being poor in the modern day is just an illusion. NEETs exists in hordes, imagine that.

>be 20 caucasian male
>be training people to do my job
>people usually take 30-40 min for their first tasks when being trained, some an hour
>nigger takes 2 1/2 hours for his first task
>have to go to break hour before break time because I have to keep training this guy
>next task is short, 5 minutes Had to pick 1 item
>Nigger leaves and never comes back, told me he was going to he bathroom.

I think I've reached that point, I mean, I know I haven't but since I don't I might as well have a mumbling awkward guy. do people still use cellphones as phones? or just call people on the messenger app? have actual conversations or just regurgitate twitterfeed headlines?

unfortunate... it's the only one affordable to millennials.

This, millenials spend money on retarded shit like tattoos , peircings, clothes, music festivals, drugs, etc. , have no sense of saving, and by the time they graduate college are 50 - 100k in debt with zero job prospects

those meme studies aren't even a significant % of degrees out in the wild.

The problem is even when you get a STEM degree you're competing on a global scale against Ahmed bidding 3$ an hour overseas. They produce mostly shitty labor and can't communicate, but shareholders and the board of directors don't care.

Me too. No friends left, honestly considering an hero.

More like 20 years of boomer indoctrination

people didn't make less money in the 1990s, the average wages have barely increased at all, yet inflation has gone up and up.

I'm millenial, work at home in my underwear and currently have $7k in the bank after bills and needs are met til the end of the month.

Those days are gone but you misread why.

Why is the proliferation of tickledown economics and rise of technology which made factory jobs obsolete.

The rise of technology is a good tjhing, it makes us more productive, it increases our standard of living. The problem was our politics allowed the rich, the factory owners, not the factory workers to benefit from this rise of technology. We were told what was good for the rich would ultimately benefit us all, but they made education too expensive for any of us to have a chance.

Mason outs here have been at 30 an hour for a long time..

wealth isnt about gadgets. its about independence and ability to have familiea. also the ability to profit from effort rather than sink.

back in the day a mn could profit from sweat OR being smart OR having a uniue idea OR investmnt. ALL of these today lead to impoverishment.

How, I'm 22 and my health care is free through my parents plan till I'm 26 under obamacare?

We've been programmed to consume blindly with minimal thought for the long-term.
This extends into private education, where many fall for the arts meme and don't think their career paths through.
As a result, a large number have too much denbts even if they land a simple job.
Giving credit to the average prole for anything but buying a house was a mistake.

Given that many baby boomers are the parents of millenials, the boomer generation shares their part of the blame.

yeah, this is true, that was part of my point though, you'd have to fork over 3-4 months of salary for a TV like that.
now everyone in the 3rd world owns a cellphone. it's the only arguement that lines the fat pockets, that moving forward, things get more accessible, cheaper, faster to produce, more functional.

but then what? you have communism, everybody is on welfare, granted it's a comfy rock bottom but it's still just that. and honestly, McD has maybe tripled or quadrupled in price since the 90s, wages have not, I could be wrong, too lazy to google numbers.

Free trade and lack of housing regulations

How are immigrants able to afford a house but millennials cant?

cause I don't know how to business,

thought about starting my own taco stand, because I would probably get better pay than anywhere else that might hire me.

Basically this. This and globalism.

credit is complicated

initially credit funneled money back into productive finance by sappig spending power of proes and feeding it into tech investment

but it became a zero sum morl hazard. whwn credit became endessly expanded by accomodating fiscal policy it released niggers from actual enslavemnt via debt

Gadgets are cheap as fuck these days, sure. They're barely even worth mentioning, let alone being considered as "luxuries." But when rent costs 3 iPhones a month, something is seriously fucked with your economy.

so i just checked it, wages have gone up 14% since 1980. I vaguely remember McD's costing like 3-4$ for a meal. now a big mac trio is like 9.85$ if you want the bacon whatever shit, it's like 15$+ might as well find a millennial run hipster gastro pub at that price.

You could try to come here, but I guess US is considered as a "safe country" (doppelkeks). Enjoy your debts and your failed education system and the fact that you will probably never own property.

I'm no Ahmed you fat burger eating fuck!
Know your place.

Fellow Brits, polls open in a few hours, get your arses down to the polling station and use a black PEN! Remember Vote Leave!

If you have a job at make 20,000$/year (which is like near minimum wage) you can't apply for section8 or whatever the subsidy is called so apartments are $1000/month, that's $12000 per year

if you're a broke jobless nog, you get section8 and the apartment is like 200$ a month, then they pop out some kids and live for free for eternity on welfare.

it's fucking stupid.

>Lack of jobs in the market
>Shit housing
>People who began problems blame millennials for having said problems
Why are boomer fags this retarded?

the next step is that access to all goods and services expands.

a goodexample is ambulance chasers. legalservices expands to niggers in new capacities as wages fall. a nigger without a gun will ruin your life via legal aggression instead.

the sytem unble to deal with internal biological threats will eventually succumb

>The year is 2016
>Americans are disgusted with politics and refuse to participate in the election
>In a scramble to maintain democracy congress arrange a literal race between the candidates
>fastest time around the white house becomes the president
>Be an old Bernie Sanders with shit knees
>24 minutes
>Be Donald Trump with aerodynamic hair
>Takes 11:05
>Be Hillary Clinton
>Demolish the gardens, pedestrians, and bald eagles to save time
>Takes 10:30
>Hillary wins
>Praised for her time some say its a record
>Public scours the books trying to find the record
>The record is found buried deep inside the white house
>Bush did 9:11

Because previous generations decimated the economy. Millenials are aweful, but its funny how high and mighty other generations get considering how much easier it was to get started down the road of adulthood before the post 9/11 post great recession bullshit.

What/where are these online sit at home jobs?
Be nice to earn some extra while looking after son and wife at work.

What's the point of being rich? It's not going to make life fulfilling.

Is being a twitch whore considered a middle class job?

Kek
>Implying the half-Kenyan wouldn't hold the record

Because the information was not passed on.

1. Too many people going to college + educated foreign workers coming to North America. This drives up requirements for many jobs.

2. "Middle tier" work like manufacturing is largely gone, pushing a lot of people who would work those jobs into lower paying retail and service industries.

3. More expensive lifestyles. Go back 25 years: you didn't have computers, smart phones or internet to pay for. You can't even completely get by without them either as it's an expectation that you have such things by employers. (Although you can get fairly cheap solutions for them)

4. Housing market. My parents house doubled in value in the last 15 years. Cost of housing has gone up and rent has followed suit.

>median gross rent increased to a high of $602 in 2000, more than double the gross rent in 1950 (after adjusting for inflation).

So TIL

More debt, cost of living is higher and competition for a stable income is higher.

That's exactly what a Ahmed would say

Well bro that's mexico. In the US it's hella expensive to be near a good school and have a house. I seriously considered just taking an abandoned container and living in it instead lmao.

this femalama sempai. Save me from my own

Stupid with money, lazy, expect handouts.

Thread isn't hard to answer.

This. Mainly this.

Baby boomers fucked it all up. We would have benefited from another war back then. Maybe if Russia just 'accidentally' launched a nuke or two.

Also, people are too retarded to start their own businesses and the prices of everything has gone up exponentially.

skill gap in the market
entry level positions want years of experience and half a dozen job-specific skills, what a fucking joke
going to college was a mistake

Piss off grandpa

this country is doomed

the asians are laughing at us

apathy

Nah I don't feel this way. It's just that people aren't retiring fast enough. It's not completely on boomers

Lack of purpose--generally speaking and the outlook on everything is grim.
>I'll get a degree
H1-B'z & awhfirmative ackshun XD
>I'll join the military
Proxy war for jooz XD
>I'll volunteer
Not if you want a place to live XD
>I'll learn a trade
Good, goy, fix my things XD

Couple that with the fact that jobs dried up once boomers realized that they can't afford to retire.
Then there's the inevitable global economic meltdown that's on its way which makes working, saving money, and exerting effort seem like a wasteful endeavor.

yeah that's mostly true, but the distancing of the classes is increasing, our country used to make shoes, piece of trivia i learned somewhere, people made good wages, upper 10s lower 20s, it cost a bit more to produce but we didn't have to import them making them more or less equally priced and in the 90s they shut it all down, shipped it overseas for profit and and index points.

but yeah the housing and rent prices are ridiculous, it's extortion for basic necessity, pure gouging, you can't even get a job without a place to stay, which is ironically the loop homeless people find themselves in, they can't just show up to a place without a printed or emailed CV dressed and smelling like a bum, with not permanent residence or method of contact. and people know this and don't want to be homeless, back in the 30's sure, but standdards change, which is why iphones with some form of connectivity are part of this necessity, not just a luxury. or at least a pc and internet.

Every business expects an entry level worker to have as much experience and their seniors. It's retarded.

How is someone going to get the skills and experience for an entry job if they can't get the entry job without skills and experience.

It forces more experienced people into lower positions with less pay and kicks beginners out of the equation.