Just saw this and really liked it but are we really supposed to believe that aside from one cop no one noticed the sun...

Just saw this and really liked it but are we really supposed to believe that aside from one cop no one noticed the sun never came up??

Also this is way better than the Matrix.

they wiped their minds every day

You ever been to Shell Beach?

Right but night only lasts like 8 hours. Are they wiping them every 8 hours? What happens when they wake up to go to work and the sun isn't out?

Night shift, on their way back from work for dinner, etc. they all are programed with a vague memory of just having been doing 'something'

Night doesn't last just 8 hours everywhere you dumb 13 year old.
Jesus, some places in the world have 16 or even 20+ hours of night during winter. And thats not even the fucking point. The people had been conditioned to think that shit was normal no matter what.
Fuck.

Fuck I remember this movie. I loved the city being changed around everyday

Yea sure all you gotta do is take main st west to... or is it the cross, anyway take the express

that was a great and underrated movie

nobody noticed the sun never came up because their minds kept getting wiped

I liked it better before it turned ito that DBZ shit fight in the end.

Other than that, Inliked this film. Mde me want more John Hurt.

>Also this is way better than the Matrix.
It really wasn't.

This is really one of the most beautiful films ever made. It should be talked about in the same breath as 2001 and Blade Runner but isn't for some reason.

You mean William Hurt I think. And I love how inept he is in this film. Makes sense when you realize he's only been a cop for a few days.

It came out the same time and reused some sets from the Matrix, so it gets compared to it alot. They don't really have anything in concept besides the idea of humans being fooled/controlled by overlords. And the really, really weird boss fight.

Was a great movie imo, still have a poster somewhere.

Kief was amazing

Kiefer nearly ruins this film

got that backwards, it came out a year before the matrix. both movies were filmed in the same studio, and it was the matrix that used sets from dark city.

I didn't really have an opinion on Kiefer Sutherland one way or the other

Comprehensive

I liked seeing Keif playing an atypical role. Handsome dude cast as a disabled autist, pretty daring.

the Igor way he talked was annoying

For you, maybe

the way

he speaks

like someone

chatting

like this

was annoying. Still amusing to see him after years of Jack Bauer since I saw him in 24 first.

he talks like a Sup Forums text to speech

I thought Keifer was fine but there's a dozen other actors that could have played his part just as well, or better so casting him seems a bit odd.

Speaking of this film what the fuck happened to Alex Proyas? How did he go from The Crow and Dark City to generic knock off shit like I, Robot and Gods of Egypt? I've never seen a director with so much promise squander his talent like that before.

I blame the studios. They have considerable clout and he probably just didn't have the star power to fight them. I mean, most people have no clue who he is.

>most people have no clue who he is
If you're some kind of post millenial maybe.

>people had been conditioned to think that shit was normal no matter what.

So they were prefectly normal?

better question: every night, when everyone passes out in unison, why did everyone driving a car just stop where they were? everyone would have died in a horrible accident.

>Also this is way better than the Matrix

no it's not

>It should be talked about in the same breath as 2001 and Blade Runner

jesus christ fuck no

i thought it was cool how this movie had jennifer connelly standing on a pier overlooking the ocean before requiem for a dream did it. seriously it's like the exact same shot.

>why did everyone driving a car just stop where they were?
Because they were programmed to.

Pretty sure the story goes they meant the script to get sent to his dad (they shared the same agent at the time) their agent sent it to Kief instead accidentally, but they decided to let him read for the part and liked his take on it.