Music for this feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tmozGmGoJuw
youtube.com/watch?v=apkgYw7QMhU
youtube.com/watch?v=dclvbt2tntQ&t=472s
youtube.com/watch?v=Ux8Y7qu_39U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>hasn’t realized this until now

I'm 27 with a completely useless Philosophy degree and no talent/skill/work experience besides a part time retail job.

My "passion" is posting on Sup Forums and listening to tons of music despite not being able to play an instrument.

I'm fucked. I spend my days chasing quick dopamine hits, things aren't looking good lads

Why not just teach Philosophy? Move elsewhere if you have to. Grow the fuck up.

You don't need a dirction, you need something to busy yourself with. You're not lost, you're just understimulated. The brain needs stimulation or it gets unhappy, and can even go crazy. Find some shit to do, doesn't matter if it'll take you anywhere far from where you are.

You're only 27, man. You can live to like 90, easily, that's 63 years from now, and merely ten years ago you weren't even a legal adult. Twenty years ago you were a small child. You have a life longer than you comprehend ahead of you. Nothing's over, you're only taking a while longer to get to the same place as most everyone else.

That's actually really uplifting. Thanks user

i dont care about philosophy and could not teach it, i just picked what would be quickest to get degree in since i was behind

thank you bro.

solid advice, also having any kind of structure or routine helps.
personally i would recommend going outside too, even for just a walk. it's about to be summer for me soon, some great weather in the near future

Party Rock Is In The House Tonight

You should probs kill yerself

>despite not being able to play an instrument
learn an instrument! get a cheap 100 dollar acoustic guitar or something, set aside 1 hour a day to practicing. Nothing wrong with not knowing any instruments but you sound like you just need something to do. once you start getting into having a 'routine', consider getting a gym membership and follow it through too

this.
If you listen to music and can't play an instrument it often makes you feel really alienated from your own hobby. Learning something is really fun and makes you develop your music listening habits

You probably shouldn't take advice from someone significantly older than you that posts here but.
You're still a baby.
And if you feel bad now, you're going to feel really shit when you're 40 and look back on being 27 and thinking it was too late to get your shit together.

>even for just a walk
Bulding on this, you could try orienteering, for a bit more challenge, a club that sets dates and times, and meeting people.

Here you go man
youtu.be/tmozGmGoJuw

Kid A.

Warning- Watching from a distance encapsulates this feel quite well also

Did you specialize in any school/time period of philosophy? Not that you're not fucked, but I wish I would have tried to double in it, getting a minor instead since no time.

Philosophy is very important,you might think it's useless 'cause you can't make money from it but all good art has a philosophy at it's core just start playing music (cause you have a passion for it)
philosophy inspires art so if you can find your own perspective on the world and how to live a good life the music will come naturally JUST DON'T BE PREACHY (just look at romantics they had a sound, nihilists have a sound,anarchists have a sound etc)

yeah and to build even more off of that, consider c25k. walking/running is one of the things that separates humans from 99% of animals, so it's ingrained in our psyche. you literally cannot go wrong with walking for any amount of time (unless you overwork yourself, hence why c25k is a gradual thing)

I've been saving up to fly to Lithuania for gyno surgery. I live in the middle of no where and work full time. My granny just lost her car and I can't drive, public transport around here is basically non-existent and taxis cost a fortune, after expenses on travel I'm making barely any money on full time hours. I'm going to have to quit my job and move in with my mom in a different county if I'm going to get my breasts removed in the near future.

On one hand I'm kind of excited because it means I'll be closer to my friends who all moved to the big city, on the other hand I'm sad because I really like living with my granny and I've just started seeing a girl from work and it's probably the most realistic shot I've had at getting a gf since high-school.

youtube.com/watch?v=apkgYw7QMhU
Art Tatum never fails to do it for me, it's so wonderfully intricate and inspirational that it always pulls me along and almost forces me to focus on following what's happening.

damn this is a pretty neat piece. sounds a lot like debussy in the beginning.

Unironically, this.

youtube.com/watch?v=dclvbt2tntQ&t=472s

Learn an instrument. I started learning guitar at 28 and I don’t know what the fuck I would do without it now. I’ve stopped playing video games and watching TV as it’s time better spent playing guitar.

Now you've made me curious. I've never listened to Debussy, got any recommendations on where to start?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ux8Y7qu_39U

I'm kinda like you OP. Except I'm 26. I still freak put about my future, but basically, about a year ago, I kinda stopped giving a fuck.

Not that I have zero ambition, but the thing is, most people in our age bracket don't actually know wtf they're doing. They might think they do, it may look at it from the outside but they don't.

Life is a frustratingly slow process for most people. You might need more time than other people. The sooner you accept that, the better. Don't worry about it, and try not to compare yourself to others.

Learn an instrument if you really want to. It's mostly redundant rote rehearsal, it's not hard. It's just a bit of discipline.

If all else fails, idk, join the Peace Corps, or the French Foreign Legion.

As for music, I'd say Pavement is the ultimate slackercore

my go-to is the two arabesques.
after that, listen to the suite bergamesque

And I damn sure will, too, but not right now, unfortunately. Thanks.

I dig it.

The lead singer of suicide said he was 10 years younger then he was

Lorde is a literal OAP pretending to be a teenager

If you can legally be a woman what's wrong with just shaving a few years off and starting a music career pretending to be a prodigy