Sherlock

>sherlock's secret 'brother' is actually sherlock's secret sister

it's not a fucking twist if you intentionally lie to the audience for it to happen
and it was actually her disguised all along was completely unnecessary and added nothing of value
are people actually impressed by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4058868/I-ll-love-Sherlock-star-Martin-Freeman-secretly-SPLIT-longtime-partner-star-Amanda-Abbington-15-years.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tbh I actually liked the 2nd episode. The direction and editing were great. I know writers of Sherlock are infamous for jerking off the fans but new episode was not bad imo

>Sherlock can solve a case just by studying the spin of an electron
>can't figure out his own sister in a costume

someone explain this shit, cause it doesn't make any sense

he was on drugs and wasn't looking for it

>sister
Nope. Sherrinford's a tranny.

Remember the linkedin job ad? They were "going to make history".

Yeah that makes sense...if you're a writer on the show.

Also, I'm ready for the most unoriginal character arc in history

>mysterious sister ends up having more intelligence than both Sherlock and Mycroft combined
>her only weakness is "lol I don't care"

sherlock puts the errr... in shlock

Really though I dunno. It's turning a little into schlock - that sappy music makes me want to gag. Also it was edited by a madman and made me feel like I had the flu. It seems to me like they're trying their hardest to gently but quickly dump all this shit from the previous seasons that they don't need any more (Magnussen, Mary now too?) while at the same time bringing up more shit from previous seasons (Adler) Bold strategy. Let's see if it pays off.

It's terrible, but season 3 was already weak so it's not a surprise. The woman who plays the sister is a qt3.14 though, especially in the first episode when she has red hair.

>The woman who plays the sister is a qt3.14 though
you must be british

Fuck off, she is cute.

What a load of fucking crap. The moment they introduced Moriarty as a character they fucked up the whole series. Shark jumped in 4 fucking episodes.

Sherlock doesn't have a sister!
Watson doesn't have a child!
Moriarty dies at Reichenbach!
Stop ruining everything fucking B(ig) B(lack) C(ock) cunts REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

>this baby faced qt is the series big bad

Let that sink in

>he was on drugs and wasn't looking for it
No. They're just pushing the nu-male agenda as always. Sherlock is hardly the MC anymore.

Her being a female isn't the twist dummy, the twist is how the viewer saw a person 3 times and didn't see the correlation to know that it's the same person.

This whole show is filled with retarded shit. Sherlock is like an average intelligence's idea of a smart person.

Where's the Sherlock copypasta.

What will be Moriary's role in ep3?

We find out moriarty was a group of triplets because it was foreshadowed in episode 1 by saying "its never twins"

>implying Eurus isn't Sherrinford: tranny edition and the youngest of the Holmes triplets
calling it now

I'm kind of worried about this too, the woman on the bus set of my transdar too but I guess it could of just been the wig. Either way I hope I'm wrong, pll already did this way better and everyone thinks that show is schlock

Maybe it's just a red herring and there a fourth sibling indeed, what with the
>everyone gives up after three
bit.

What show are you referring to, by the way?

Oh pretty little liars, pretty sure I'm not spoiling it for anyone since it aired two years ago and anyone who cared would of been spoiled by news articles at the time.

It's revealed that the mastermind is a mystery third sibling who the main cast believe is a long lost brother but the character is trans and has been a reoccurring female character all along.They handled it pretty well the whole transgender thing doesn't have any real impact other then the twist reveal.

This I dunno though, it might just be confirmation bias on my part, I really hope it turns out not to be the case

can /tv enjoy anything that isn't capeshit?

>It's revealed that the mastermind is a mystery third sibling who the main cast believe is a long lost brother but the character is trans and has been a reoccurring female character all along.They handled it pretty well the whole transgender thing doesn't have any real impact other then the twist reveal.
Jesus Christ, really?

Is this the worst character ever?

>Dude this quirky stubby middle aged woman is a badass international super agent lmao

Yeah the transgender thing is barely a factor, it's just there to facilitate a twist which makes it better then most depictions of trans characters

>nepotism

Actually Freeman's wife irl

As it's not enough her character continues in ghost form when she dies and keeps making ghost puns

I haven't seen it obviously, but it sounds like an extremely lame spin on the >it was me all along! trope.

i bet he feels silly now

dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4058868/I-ll-love-Sherlock-star-Martin-Freeman-secretly-SPLIT-longtime-partner-star-Amanda-Abbington-15-years.html

not anymore

doubt it, which make this board worse than fucking Sup Forums
at least Sup Forums can appreciate good indie games

>not muh books
They didn't have smart phones in the books either yet here you are, not complaining about the show having smart phones.

I liked the episode because the cereal killer was very creepy and well acted, and I think the writting was ok

But then they had to ruin it with ghost marry, DUDE IT WAS ALL PART OF THE PLAN LMAO, and that last twist that really added nothing

This is news to me. Did they split as a result of filming this season

I agree. The episode would have worked fine if it had turned out Culverton had simply hired an actress to play his daughter. It didn't have to be Sherlock's sister in some le epic twist.

But it was a good episode for the most part, with some clever explanations and a great villain to keep things contained. Ghost Mary (and Ghost Characters in general (House, Dexter)) pissed me off, but she wasn't used enough to ruin the ep.

Yeah it's schlock, there's literally a town of ghosts that gets brought up and then dropped mid way through. That's why I'm hoping this show doesn't have the same twist done even worse

>ghost
And you call the show retarded.

The show has gone off the rails, it isn't about mystery anymore or solving crime. Sherlock is a superhero/Dr Who. I don't want to like it but at this point they've got me, I'm hooked.

I saw the Sister thing miles off, years ago. Remember discussing it with a friend around Season 2.

I thought she looked weird, I thought it was Moriarty and that Watson was texting him in some weird sort of pandering.

Can anyone explain why if Sherlock "models himself" around Euros and fondly likes her, he doesn't recognise her or ever talks about her.

>Unless they don't talk about "the third one" because he went through the change

Also unrelated, why was Sherlock so nice to "Faith" that night?

>inb4 he knew all along and wanted to hook up with her.

>People still watch this

Let me teach you little Commie kids how society works now.
>people stop watching
>ratings go down
>less people watching BBC equates to less people paying tv license
>bbc unable to maintain the show's budget
>gets cancelled

THOSE FUCKING BRITISH TEETH

>sure it's not "kino" but it's fun.
>enjoy it

>Sup Forums is the majority watching Sherlock
lmao

>Let me teach you little Commie kids how society works now
This isn't tumblr and it's teen girls watching the show mostly obviously it's their parents paying the fee mate

This here too. A bit disjointed at times, but it was an okay episode. Really great at tugging at your emotional heart strings with Watson's affair and his guilt over it too.That was good.

Ghost Marie is really tumblr overkill tho

>not liking bad women
wew senpai

That's not how the license fee works dipshit

Well the holmes' seem to be referring to eachother by major wind patterns according to compass directions and now so did she.

On an unrelated note, when she pulls the gun at the very end, the cut to the smoking gun is a different gun and is held by what looks to be sherlock. Also it's the same shot that the episode starts on so maybe it's foreshadowing of her shooting watson though I find that very unlikely given that the make of the gun is different and all the other stuff.

Why did they want us to believe sherlock was hallucinating meeting his sister though and why was mycroft saying she wasn't there when you could clearly see her on the surveillance monitors walking with sherlock while they were watching?

And why have they brought up the "deduce the future by connecting to everything" thing twice now? I feel like that's supposed to lead up to something.

You can say what you like about this show, but it's still set in London with a primarily white cast so I'm not going to stop watching it.

Culverton > Moriarty

No contest. He saved this ep.

>cereal killer
>looks to be a great and interesting villain
>shove him out of the way for nonsensical plot twist featuring Sherlock's female dog who hid herself under the rug for 12 years and is immortal due to some mystery drug

This series really has great writing. Moffat does it again!

Way too much fanservice for my liking and I knew they'd make it a sister to appeal to fans but it's still a bit annoying. Fucking Mary is back AGAIN. Also the villain looked like he could have been interesting and they focused on him for half the episode then just kind of dropped it only to have a deus ex machina at the end.
Also Sherlock keeps pulling stuff out of his ass now and the show tries to be clever by cutting him off when he tries to explain things etc but that just makes it seem like magic which ruins the whole thing.

>cereal

Feel sorry for the dude in real life, his facial features just make him look incredibly evil and untrustworthy.

>cereal

>plays Nazi/Hydra in Captain America
>plays evil dream dust/anti Doctor in dr Who.

>I don't sleep

>you just said you woke up

>you'll notice when sherlock wants to find you
>helicopters and fast cars screeching outside just as he says this
>also that faggy psychiatrist who "knows" john is looking at and not looking away.

When I first saw Ghost Mary I thought
>ohhh fuucck she is gonna be an anoying dexter type shit
But she wasnt rly that anoying. Was nice to get an open door into whats watson is thinking. Just for half an Episode.

so is he actually seeing those flying chalk words?

>you buy spice to keep up appearance I can smell it

>but you pinned this up in your kitchen because you have no visitors so you weren't worried someone would see it

HOW CAN YOU BE KEEPING UP APPEARANCES WHEN SHE HAS NO GUESTS

DUDE SECRET DOOR LMAO

>Kill Moriarty
>Introduce your OC donut steel special snowflake Holmes sister
Fucking hell, I serisouly hope that wasn't heterochromia and she just didn't remove the other contact.

>what is self-image

I didn't like the dual Watson-Mary thing. It was pretty corny. I though Cumberdink's acting was really good in this ep though.

Likewise, that'd be the icing on the special snowflake cake

I don't get how the ending's supposed to be a "oh it all makes sense now" moment when it just confuses thinss more. How on Earth did Sherlock's sister know all that information about Culverton being a serial killer anyway, and why was it all so convenient that she ended up with the note?

>very creepy and well acted
To be fair that's Toby Jones' wheelhouse. Half of his roles are creepy.

why do people watch this garbage is completely over me.

Watch Marvelous. He plays trustworthy well there. Admittedly he's also playing a disabled guy, but he still does a good job.

I think they probably had to pull in all their favours to get basically Jimmy Savile as a villain anyway, so I'm not surprised the BBC shafted him after one episode.

>basically Jimmy Savile
Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. The mortuary scene was a bit on the nose. And the 'They let you get away with anything' headline.

>i'm at the bottom of a pit and I'm still falling and I'm never climbing out

IF YOU'RE STILL FALLING YOU'RE NOT AT THE BOTTOM SHERLOCK

I invented Sherlock

she literally reads like a bad fan fiction self insert
>sherlock holmes's sister
>the only person smarter than him
>master of disguise, only has to change her hair color and nobody will recognize her
>fucking heterochromia
>secret mastermind behind everything
and I thought Mary was bad

Hi Arthur, how is death suiting you?

>heterochromia

if I had a penny for every time I read that in a fanfiction I'd be able to lay a trap for all of israel

Nah, I think the BBC are happy enough to let Savile be their sacrificial lamb and take the fall

To be fair, a penny would be enough to trap all Israel.

sherlock are you just going to shoot this guy in the head again

why are you reading so much fanfiction

Doesn't Cumberbatch actualy have that though?

>watching a tv show that is entirely sherlock holmes fanfiction
>asks someone why they read fanfiction

btw next week is the last episode ever

What is your opinion on female Moriarty

Best Moriarty

Because she has wizard powers just like her brothers, but unlike her brothers she is female and has to be smarterer and betterer than the white males.

Cake an actor in make-up, wigs, widely different outfits and different accents and wow I'm so surprised nobody saw it coming. Hell I bet you could slap a beard and a hat on Mycroft and half the audience wouldn't recognize him either yet he's been in every episode.

And that's not why I'm even mad, it would've been okay if they just left it at that 'hurr you didn't recognize her' shtick, but oh no, they had to take it one step further with
>Amazing the times a man doesn't really look at your face.
Fuck off you preaching faggot whoever wrote this line, it has absolutely nothing to do with anything you fucking retard, you just put it there because 'men are such pigs xD'.

My nigga

would get caught in her web

He's not good with faces. Also, we have no idea when he last saw her, if it was childhood or whatever.

Sherrinford is a brother.
Eurus is a sister. They are two different characters.

>Amazing the times a man doesn't really look at your face.
Also they literally had Sherlock mistake Watson for a balloon in the last episode. It has nothing to do with him being a man, just him being Sherlock.

But she spoke about is like there was no brother. Unless there's a third brother that she doesn't know about.

what the fuck was the point of having Mrs Hudson call Mycroft an idiot and Holmes bad detective? That's so far out of her character I cannot believe nobody caught that in editing. Does anyone even edit these scripts?

That's not Mori Arty

Chances are Sherlock never even met her, only Mycroft did

During the season 3 finale, Sherlock mentions a story his brother told him, about the East Wind being a terrifying force that lays waste to all in its path

Eurus = East Wind in Greek

????

>Sherlock doesn't have a sister!
There is a great deal of debate about a third sibling. 'Sherrinford' was originally a name considered by Doyle for Sherlock himself. William S. Baring-Gould, noted Baker Street scholar, originated the notion of Sherrinford as the third sibling in 1962. It has generally been considered non-canonical, however, since Sherlock Holmes is now a denizen of the public domain (as illustrated by there being several active interpretations in various media over the same time periods throughout the past 100 years - even in recent years, there has been RDJ Sherlock Holmes, BBC Sherlock, Elementary and that Ian McKellen Mr Holmes film), canon isn't really a tenable concept here, so incorporating elements from non-Doyle sources is something for Sherlock enthusiasts to enjoy. The gender swap is simply par for the course for BBC Sherlock, but I must admit it does make it slightly more interesting than having a third man. Whether 'interesting' will turn to 'good' is yet to be seen. People are right that she does seem like a Mary Sue self-insert character, as did Mary's assassin persona, but almost every character in this show is a self-insert one way or another (Gatiss fucking casting himself lel) so let's not split hairs here. I did like the 'Euros' 'East wind' thing, if only because it reminds me of my favourite line from His Last Bow (1917):
>There's an east wind coming all the same, such a wind as never blew on England yet.
In reference to the aggression of the German Empire at the start of the Great War.

>Watson doesn't have a child!
I'll give you that, and pregnancy/paternity/maternity plots are so dull.

>Moriarty dies at Reichenbach!
Yeah and Moriarty DID die in The Reichenbach Fall (i.e. after the Richard Brook affair) in the show at the end of episode 2. MISSMEarty is a fake, probably propagated by this new evil sister character.

>Fourth secret Holmes sibling
Well, Sherlock did say people stop searching after number 3.

called it