So, which one will win the Oscar for Best Picture?

So, which one will win the Oscar for Best Picture?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lRxKHC7AlHc
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

La La Land.

as it should.

FPBP.

La La Land is the worst movie I've ever seen in my life. Like I'm not a sjw or anything but even I think it was fucking rediculous to make a musical in LA where there is no gay people and the only black character is a sell out ruining Jazz and then a white guy comes in and saves jazz cause that's totally how it works.

Besides the fact that it felt like The Great Gatsby except without any social commentary as everyone seems pretty wealthy and comfortable.

It was actual nonsense. Sheer nonsense. I voted Trump so you know I'm not tumblr. But jesus fucking christ could they try to be more ignorant and unaware of the real world.

Not to mention the original cast was meant to be Emma Watson and Miles Tellar? Like what the fuck? This movie was 100 percent made for upper class old white ladies.

>as it should
Because it was made for the express purpose of receiving one?

kys

>Waah! There's too much pandering to minorities.
>Wtf, why aren't there any minorites!?

lmao

La La Land probably even though Hacksaw Ridge is the best film.

I don't care about seeing white straight stories it's just really weird when it's literally about black music. Surely meme'n aside you guys thought that was weird?

First off, the movie isn't really about jazz.

Secondly, almost all of the jazz musicians bar Ryan Gosling are black.

0/10

Try harder next time.

and depicted as sell outs and as though they're ruining the genre. Imagine how good this movie could of been with say Donald Glover in the lead

no

It's one of the most genuine movies of the past few years.

La La Land is going to be yet another decent, but forgettable Best Picture winner, reminiscent of The Artist and Argo.

all these words and you literally didn't say anything, desu

you're a cuck, my man.

>reddit spacing

Seriously fuck this argument.

This movie had a ton of heart.

youtube.com/watch?v=lRxKHC7AlHc

>so you know I'm not tumblr

What did he mean by this?

I disliked it too but jesus christ this is an awful post

the whole movie is literally social commentary on how true love is more important than "achieving your dream" in the hollywood sense of the phrase.

Moonlight > Hacksaw Ridge > Arrival > La La Land > Manchester By Sea > Nocturnal Animals > Hell Or High Water

La La Land will win it though

After the years and years of Academy bullshit how can anyone still fucking care?

Ehhh, not exactly. Movie is more about following your passions at the expense of everything -- to follow your dreams even if you leave everything behind, literally.

Why the FUCK wasn't Silence nominated?

Was just about to post this.

He said La La Land

Was LITERALLY just about to post this.

The movie is barely about Jazz. Are you a fucken dropkick?

How many shitters would be shattered if Mel won?

Those aren't the actual nominations. The nominations aren't out yet.

2016's 'The Artist'.

>imagine how good this movie could of been with say Donald Glover
There's a phrase you'll never hear anybody say.

Probably La La Land it was my favourite at least. Some pretty good movies.

>I voted Trump so you know I'm not tumblr.
Thanks for confirming big guy. I didnt trust you until this.

so many fags falling for obvious bait

>caring about the Oscars
It is purely political. People who actually care and cherish films realize that the Oscars are a giant circle-jerk. Plus, most films considered critical to film history didn't win an Oscar or weren't even nominated in the first place.

The following movies didn't win Best Picture:
Citizen Kane
The Searchers
Vertigo
Dr. Strangelove
The Graduate
2001: A Space Odyssey (not even nominated)
Taxi Driver
Apocalypse Now
Raging Bull
Goodfellas
Pulp Fiction
The Shawshank Redemption
Fargo
L.A. Confidential
Saving Private Ryan

Let that sink in...

Great original thought, now state it again in 10 other threads.

I don't normally post in these threads, but I'm glad other people have been able to see through its facade.

so you didn't see LLL then.

That was a genuinely enjoyable film though. Apart from the tacked on Astaire and Rogers ending.

now post what they lost out to

On a related note, will Toni Erdmann win best foreign language film?

Why isnt Birth of a Nation included??

That or the Pablo Neruda biopic.

>this will win

How Green Was My Valley
Around The World In 80 Days
Gigi
My Fair Lady
In The Heat of The Night
Oliver!
Rocky
Kramer Vs Kramer
Ordinary People
Dances With Wolves
Forrest Gump
The English Patient
Titanic
Shakespeare In Love

All of those except Oliver! and Around the World in 80 Days are objectively better films.

Vertigo sucked

Come on. The only ones that you could make a case for are My Fair Lady and Dances With Wolves. Also Network is better than Taxi Driver and The Thin Red Line is better than Saving Private Ryan.

Hidden Fences

My guesses for this year are
>Best actor
Denzel Washington for Fences, after all the #OscarsSoWhite shit
>Best photography
Hell or High Water
>Best special effects
Arrival
>Best script
Moonlight because of the same shit as with Denzel and LGTB pleasing

Hacksaw wont get shit, Mel wont get recognition, don't forget its Holyjood we're talking about

>where there is no gay people
There was like 5 characters
>the only black character is a sell out ruining Jazz and then a white guy comes in and saves jazz cause that's totally how it works
This interpretation is dependant on the idea that Gosling's character wasn't the subject of criticism, which I don't think is the case.

The movie's facade?

Of all these movies Hacksaw ridge will be remembered the most in the future altough it probably won't win the oscar.

>2001: A Space Odyssey (not even nominated)
>(not even nominated)

I still can't fucking believe "Around the World in 80 Days" won BP over "Giant."

>be 1983
>have arguably one of the weakest BP lineups of all time
>Fail to nominate "Fanny and Alexander" for BP despite it getting a Director and Screenplay nomination

or

>be 1985
>even weaker year
>ignore "Ran" for BP nomination

It was the kind of big budget Epic that critics ate up.

Many people shat on Toni Erdmann, but I found it to be actually quite interesting of a take on comedy.

Where is American Honey?

>thinking anything other than Moonlight will win after *OscarsSoWhite last year

>Tom Ford
Great director and he seems to be a guy that makes the type of movies that the Oscar people enjoy, however I'm not feeling Nocturnal Animals.

La La Land might be the one to win in the end but I wouldn't call it a day yet, Moonlight might win also (in 2013 12 Years a Slave won exactly 1 golden globe, the drama one)

where's the movie about the black women who invented the moon and discovered rocket ships and ended slavery?

>A Passage to India, dir. David Lean
>The Killing Fields
>Amadeus
>weak
K, still far better than almost every nu-tumblr pandering lineup they make up these days.

You just KNOW it's going to be either La La Land or Moonlight.

Amadeus released in 1984, user.

You know that foreign language films are almost never nominated and never win Best Picture?

Well I was talking about the year of the Oscar ceremony. Should've noticed you were talking about the year of the movie's release though

Anyways, there were plenty of good movies released in 1985 as well (Brazil got some nominations just not im nest picture or director).

The main lineup was like

The Color Purple
Out of Africa

Both of these are big romantic epics with novel quality on their own. Were 10 spots avaiable back then and Ran would've made it.

The other nominees were:

Kiss of the Spider Woman
Prizzi's Honor
Witness (the amish movie starring Harrison Ford)

That's a solid lineup

Moonlight and Manchester won't win anything because they're A24 Pictures and Amazon Studios.

I just highly doubt any minor independent studios will nab anything. The Academy is comprised of working Hollywood elites.

But the slim pickings for actual Academy-caliber pictures from any of the major studios this year is hugely telling of what dire straits Hollywood as a whole is in right now. They have entirely sold out, staying afloat only on the shoulders of franchises. 2016 may perhaps be the absolute worst year for Hollywood cinema ever witnessed.