youtube.com/watch?v=qMpp8IFL64E
clyp.it/bi5004ua
youtu.be/q4JWqK6r6N4
clyp.it/yv1xtbsd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FUCK Les paul guitars

>violin
good girl.

I picked up classical guitar on Jan 1st for the first time.

>clyp.it/p0qpz5cl

I know my tempo stinks but I'm feeling pretty confident. How do I sound? I only know a few things but I have 5ish years of violin and 1 year of saxophone so it's not a complete new start.

That's not a classical guitar

I get all this, but I don't know what to look for in terms of a feel. I can barely play so I don't really know what type of neck I should get.
If I don't like the LP then I'll just trade it in for something else right?
Tell me more about your Fender Mustang experience please, Azusaposter I think that would help me understand this some more.
please respond ;_;

This is roman.

I know, I didn't have an image on hand of my guitar.

An SG neck
fits great in hand
Check it out

youtube.com/watch?v=Lb54wxS5ACk

LP necks are usually really comfortable, most if not all people I meet always bitch about the body shape and comfort, not the neck. I was the user in the last thread who mentioned to not lay down a bunch of money at first regardless though. Also the heel joint can be a pain in the ass to a lot of people, but again it can be worked around with good practice.

The body shape becomes less of a problem though, you do eventually get more used to it. Like I'm at the point in my playing that I don't benefit much from having a more ergonomic body, and the LP also has a 24.75" scale which makes a big difference in how it plays.

Either way, try some shit out. Get as comfy as you can. I'd seriously buy something cheap or rent a guitar if you can though to get used to it. You really don't want to be stuck with a $1500 LP that you won't pick up because something about it disappoints you.

You sound bloody good. Did you play any other type of guitar or instrument before?

This might cure my GAS if I can find it.

All right /gg/, I've been lurking in this thread/general for a couple months now and I'm so fucking disappointed none of you fucks recommend Pebber Brown on YouTube or add him to the OP. Seriously, what in the living fuck?

Lets see what he offers:

>taught Buckethead for years
>absolute god tier technique
>had lessons from Holdsworth before and many other very, very good guitar players
>700+ free lessons, all in depth and very detailed (some are 2-3 hour videos for fuck sakes)
>great sense of humor, high as fuck IQ
>40+ years teaching on average 8-12 hours a day
>unapologetic as fuck, no bullshit lessons like 99% of the faggots on YT offer

I don't think any of you could even make it through his practice session, it's amazing too:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sdoz16LRz9Q

Check him out and he should be added the OP immediately. Thank me later if you guys actually want to get good at guitar some day.

t. Pebber Brown.

This looks cool. Only 3 grand.

looks like a 60 year old virgin

So I now have access to $900 from a bank account I got autonomy over recently and I need a new guitar (sitting on an old ass squier strat). I'm willing to drop like $400-$700 tops on a new one. I don't know much about guitar shopping though, I want to play Chicago songs primarily but also songs like contusion by stevie wonder. Would appreciate any advice.

Pic related is a peavey bandit 112 100W amp someone recc'd me here, it's loud af but otherwise works pretty well so thanks.

Yeah, go chill with JustinGuitar and never get good lol. You suck.

It's getting late. Go to bed, Pebber.

He has 3 kids, 3 more than you do faggot.

>never jammed with Guthrie Govan

get a used The Heritage H-150

Just use the old squier strat you already have

so? he still looks like a 60 year old virgin

Who would realistically acquire Gibson?
would anti-monopoly laws and shit stop fender?

>Guthrie Govan

Buckethead is far better than him.

I'll look into it

It feels terrible to play on and I'm willing to drop money on something better

amazing.

Check out this picking technique
youtube.com/watch?v=qMpp8IFL64E

Terrible how?
What type fretboard and frets?
ave you tried steel wool to the back of the neck to give it a smooth satin.
Strats are pretty much all just Strats, but easy to tweak.

>starting a band with a friend
>he plays bass
>whenever he has a bassline all I can seemingly do is just play power chords over what he is playing

What do? I feel like everything I try to write is just boring.

I never was trying to show you a certain technique, I was trying to suggest a guitarist whose a lot fucking better than JustinGuitar and all the other shit that gets recommended on here.

>squier
street defecator spoted.

That's cool. I'm never hostile to anyone, everyone just seem to think it.
weird innit?

I don't know the specifics, I'm not very well versed in that stuff. I'm not even the one who bought it my sister got it was she was 14 like a decade ago and never used it.

learn theory

I can't tell what's between the flanger and the DS 1

A joyo classic chorus, got that and the flanger for half price at a local guitar store.

It looks fine
Why not clean it up and change the strings

Stick with that.
Take it to a luthier and have the action adjusted. The saddles are so low it looks like too much relief in the neck. Also the nut needs to be replaced. Get rid of the plastic and use graphite or bone and your sound and intonation will improve drastically. Good luck.

*plays a solo along the nutsack's shaft*

Aye, what I thought.
I always place chorus at the end, but that's just me.

Does the same person who makes these OP's also make Sup Forums's headphone general?

It's a Squier not a Zemaitis
Just play the thing

Well I always liked Keion since the first time I read the manga in 2007 and want to at least have one of their instruments. The lust goes even stronger as time goes with the anime and movie

Fast forward to 2011, I knew that I don't really like Les Paul (just my preference because of growing up playing Stratocaster and Yamaha) so then I figured why not getting the Red Mustang because I have some money to spare. No local stores stock on Mustang so there were three choices for me
- Ask my friend who will go to Japan to buy it for me, the exact similar model (MIJ Red Mustang with matching headstocks) cost around $900-$1000 I think
- A guy 5 hours drive from where I live selling his exact similar model for $700 (MIJ Red Mustang with matching headstocks)
- Order locally the Squier VM Mustang Red for $300 new (without matching headstocks though)
I just take the safest choice because I don't want to loss too much money because of my weeb tendencies lol. Turns out I don't really like the Mustang even after it's getting set up by local luthier

I said you better try Les Paul shaped guitar at your local stores first but don't buy anything yet. If you find that it's comfortable sure you can splurge to the $1,5k ones or if you are still in doubt to buy the $1.5k ones, buy any Les Paul in $500 ish range maybe?

Back to re ddit with your shitty advice. I can smell you fuckers

how to improve ??/
clyp.it/bi5004ua

Is the P90 the best pickup for clean tones? Possibly...

badeet -m badeet cya

Play arpeggios of the chord of course. Just take ideas from what pop band guitarists usually play

Funny because this whole general is Reddit

I changed the strings a while ago and it still feels bad to play on. Also it only has 21 frets which is sometimes a problem.

This sounds pretty helpful but like I'm saying to this other guy it'd be nice to have more frets (unless you want me to swap the neck too lol)

I'll try this out but it sounds decent with my current setup.

Damn it! Cannot be unseen.

Listen to more jazz

Anyone have experience with working through Modern Chord Progressions or Chord Chemistry

Thanks user!!!!

I admittedly haven't gotten through much of the modern chord progressions pdf and I bought a jazz piano book so it's on the backburner for now

I doubt it would be recognized as a monopoly, there are way too many other large manufacturers and thousands of smaller ones. It's not like cell phone companies, you can't put a tower in your backyard and start selling contracts whereas any average joe can make a router template and start pumping out guitars. Fender already makes or owns companies that make a guitar for basically everyone and they're not controlling the price of the market since there are still guitars of equal quality priced lower and higher from other companies.

I'm beginning to like Jaguars now

do you think they might go after the company's assets now gibson is likely declaring bankruptcy then?

Do you want to learn jazz? If yes just play jazz standards you found fancy and watch what this grandma does at 17:00 until 21:25. That's jazz 101
youtu.be/q4JWqK6r6N4

Not him but thanks for this it seems pretty helpful

wow that's really ugly.

I honestly doubt if they'll want to even touch that. Fender does loves to acquire companies though, and it would mean that they'll lose their biggest competitor.

I learned a lot from that section too, so fucking practical and on the mark

>plebber browneye
kek

what piano book did you pick up? I'm looking to learn a lot more piano as well.

I can manage to get through most standards in the real book. I got through all the jazz section on justin's site. I need more focused material to work on though.

i got grungey bass sound
clyp.it/yv1xtbsd

I wouldn't be surprised. 80% of the posts here are from one autist.

11:00 on the east coast = all the babbys have high school tomorrow = /gg/ ded

its 1am here in brazil

S A M U E L

Jazz Piano Book by Mark Levine. Picked it up on amazon for $30 because a friend who is very very good at piano and jazz told me I should get it

i work very hard to shit up /gg/ even working overtime

i know

Sarah Ryan Crestons are sexy as fuck.
Yes, I am the same person. Whatever gave it away, user?

you are cute :)

i like guitars and music. i play guitars a lot

hey dont need to call it ok i dont want to be abusive

too late samuel! T H E Y' R E A L R E A D Y H E R E

>dean
>semi-hollow
>red
>bound neck w/dot inlays
>control knobs in a straight line

What's the footswitch option? Do I connect my pedals there?

>What's the footswitch option?
it's a footswitch option.
>Do I connect my pedals there?
no.

Jealous?

i missed the mini toggle

Piezos

Thanks but do I put my pedals in any of these?

>do I put my pedals in any of these?
Yes.

Okay thanks, do I put my pedals in to the send and plug my guitar into the return? Or do I put my guitar into the input jack and plug my pedals into the send and return

more like gheyzos

>do I put my pedals in to the send
yes
>and plug my guitar into the return
no
>Or do I put my guitar into the input jack and plug my pedals into the send and return
yes

>have a weird hangup where I refuse to sell or giveaway or throwaway gifts
>half my guitars were gifts
>others either mean something to me or are too dogshit to get rid of

what do /gg/? I don't play anymore and cant afford the space

sell them anyway

So, if someone gave you a paper bag full of fresh dogshit, you wouldn't get rid of it?

Thanks you are really helpful. Okay one last question is this the right order? I'm really confused does the signal chain start with the amp and end with the guitar?

Meant to put this pic.

I mean gifts from family at like birthdays and xmas