this

>inb4 pic related

if you really want to be that insecure about it yes

Absolutely, also this .

It's a gif now.

Whats the market cap on it?

Aggressively so.

Fucking christ you people are so retarded sometimes

Can we all fuck off with this bullshit "soy" if you feel the need to call somthing "soy" your probably a soy boy in denial, same if you have to ask to avoid being "soy" fuck this board

yes. it's pirating for computer illiterate moralfag pussies.

it's more like a YouTube alternative. Small music acts do get royally fucked from streaming services though. if you play a song 1000 times they get like 4 dollars and that's before the record company takes their cut

What is so wrong about streaming music?

LITERALLY nothing

i agree with this

My question is: do a majority of people stream music these days or do they buy music downloads?

Absolutely, I much prefer torrenting all my fucking music or listening to shitty CDs than having a convenient and accessible service to listen on.

Imagine being so much of an insecure faggot that you feel the need to ask le 4chins for "permission" for something like this.

the artist gets basically nothing

anyone here living outside the US use KK Box? theres a song on there i wanna listen but it only lets me hear a 30 second preview. can somebody help me out?
kkbox.com/tw/tc/album/H.6vE.-NO9Tls0F1w6VW009H-index.html

I listen to Spotify on a daily basis. BUT without it I would never have discovered some very obscure bands that I now love and have bought all of their stuff either digitally or on CD. Spotify is a great way to discovery new artists that are similar to stuff you like, their algorithms are insanely accurate and adjust to your listening habits daily.

>Discovery Weekly has shown me some great stuff

Being able to listen to an album and grow to love it makes you want to own it more, I believe.

>so anyways that's my 2 cents on the matter

>implying people don't buy cd's after discovering artists through streaming

Go on r/thedonald if yo ass is using soy as an insult

t. soyboy

yes

this is some holocaust denial shit right here

Normies don't
Not having streaming forced the normies to support the artists unless they wanted to only listen to the radio.

lole

Spotify has introduced me to a lot of music/artists I wouldn't have otherwise discovered.

Also I like to buy physical CD's if I like an album enough, you should too if you want to support an artist.

asking if something is soy is soy
is caring that something is soy actually the most soy thing you can do?

Normies aren't the people listening to the artists that actually get the shit end of the stick. They just listen to the chart toppers.

normafag activities:

Streaming music:
liking rap or top 40 pop.
watching super hero movies.
voting for the status quo.
going outside.
Having a large network of friends and family who enjoy your company

Elite activities:
Pirating all music, tv, movies, books, and never buying anything besides food (id pirate that too if i could faggot).
listening exclusively to 1980's japanese citypop, black metal, and electronic music pre 21st century.
You havent watched tv in over 10 years, dont watch any movies made past 1995.
Voting for the guy whose going to fuck shit up the most.
Staying in your room all day and pissing in bottles.
Making weird animal noises if someone even looks at you funny.

yeah bro just stay inside and be like totally a depressed memer
fuck being a productive member of society

>thinking this society is worth being productive in

I engage in most of the elite activities except for #5, I need *some* form of social interaction or I go bonkers.

k?

hey mu/ i need help deciding if how i listen to music is masculine enough.

yes real men have harddrives full of obscure flac albums

Yes. I have a decent collection of CDs, Blu-Rays and DVDs. I don't know why I love optical media so much.

I'll have the last laugh when your shitty streaming cloud stuff goes down!

soyboy

transferring some epic flacs to my mobile phone right as we are having this conversation lads

I think streaming services are good for finding new music but actually listening through them is literal soy because of the poor sound quality.

You're absolutely right. They have the best discovery algorithms based on music tastes out of any streaming service.

Best post I 've read on a while

Vendor lock-in, ephemeral listening rights, poor quality, no trophy.

>having a computer algorithm tell you what to listen to

yeah no thanks

Said it once, I'll say it a thousand times...

If you use Spotify or Apple Music for the majority of your music listen the get the fuck off this board.

I really get on my "partrician highhorse" about anything, but seriously, the selection of music they offer is UTTER TRASH.

Get more adventurous with the stuff you're exposing yourself to.

>not streaming flacs from your unlimited storage google drive account which you have mirrored to three different external drives

>WAAAH HE MADE FUN OF ME HE MUST BE A COMMULIST!!!!
holy christ

i don't know about that man. i listen to a lot of obscure, avant garde, ambient, drone, experimental, modern classical, etc. all on spotify. does me well.

What a cunter

being productive is overrated and society is overrated, so...

I agree with you that it's great for discovery, but it's naive to think even a fraction of Spotify users will buy an artist's CD after streaming it. Normalfags don't really care about owning their music anymore, and they care even less about supporting artists.

>reddit bogeyman

>I really get on my "partrician highhorse" about anything
Yeah I can tell

You're such a faggot lmao

Imagine being this retarded

>I really get on my "partrician highhorse" about anything, but seriously, the selection of music they offer is UTTER TRASH.

I listen exclusively to obscure classical composers and traditional African buttblasting music and I get everything I need on Spotify. Just because your shitty favorite noise rock act isn't on there doesn't mean it's bad.

>very obscure bands
Like?

Streaming is fine when you:
1) use it to plan before buying an album
2) use it when CD's aren't viable
3) want a lot of music to explore in a short amount of time

I prefer CD collecting, but i like using spotify when im out with friends, on a walk, discovering new artists, etc.

on spotify an artist gets a fraction of a cent for each stream ($0.00200000).

>Streaming is fine when you:
>1) use it to plan before buying an album
>2) use it when CD's aren't viable
>3) want a lot of music to explore in a short amount of time
Thanks user, I'll make sure to check for your approval every time I use a streaming service from now on, I would hate to break one of your arbritary list of rules

You are such a pretentious wanker

How many streams does it take to equal a dollar:
digitalmusicnews.com/2016/09/15/streaming-music-earn-1-dollar/

They get even less from piracy

I've easily given the fall at least fiver then

If you can find everything you need in one place then your taste can't be all that obscure.

Listening to music is normie-tier, maybe people will think we're cool if we just stop listening to music, guys

everything is normie soy
the only escape is death

i wasn't saying that its only okay in those situations. I was giving examples of when you could use them

Imagine not doing certain things because you perceive them as 'normie' and 'soy'. I'd like to see your psychiatrist's face when you explain this mindset you have to them.