Why do so many overhyped kids end up sucking when their older?

Why do so many overhyped kids end up sucking when their older?

You got guys like Freddy adu, Mario gotzë, lord, Joe cole, David Bentley, and now it looks like Christian pulisic, were all hyped up when they were young and now they suck
>Freddy adu
The next Pelé, played for the US U-17 at 14, and now has no contract

>Mario gotzë
The German Messi, now struggles to get a starting spot on Dortmund (in all fairness he has an illness)

>lord
Once the most promising youngster in Europe, now plays for rosenborg

>Joe cole
The English Messi, now plays for the Tampa bay rowdies

>David Bentley
The next David Beckham, spent most of his career on loan to lower league teams

>Christian pulisic
Right when a bunch of Americans started screaming he'd win the ballon d'or, he started sucking

Other urls found in this thread:

dailycannon.com/2017/03/arsenal-signed-stepanovs-bergkamp-co-played-joke/
youtube.com/watch?v=7nXe8nl6dw4
youtube.com/watch?v=AYM0R1S4Vfs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>>Christian pulisic
>Right when a bunch of Americans started screaming he'd win the ballon d'or, he started sucking
what are you saying? Are you saying that you believe the Sup Forums memes that Pulisic is anything other than a talented young player? He's turning 19 next week and has only played in 60 club games, both league and cup

high-effort, low-return bait thread
you went in too strongly with "when their older"

he can sure sell a fucking vaccum

He was so much better last year. Last year he was certainly talented. But the American media overhyped him and he hasn't been doing as good. This year he hasn't done much other than some passes

He even managed to fuck that up

>next Beckham

Was this supposed to be a compliment?

Yep

Joe Cole had a decent career, and if he's playing in the MLS at 36 years old that's not a bad thing.
Fatze scored the WC winning goal and signed for Buyern before his career was derailed by diabeetus or whatever.
Bentley kind of burnt out but had some great moments in club football, like the hattrick against Man Utd.
Nobody rated Adu, the jury's out on Pulisic as he's still so young and I have no idea who Lorde is - maybe the American sports media is as bad as ours. Keep an eye on what the Germans are saying about Pulisic, I reckon he'll turn out to be world class no homo

>Joe cole
Had a great career. Played for England, won a bunch of trophies with Chelsea. He had bad luck with injuries.

Joe cole is actually playing in the USL, which is so bad that leyton orient could probably beat them. Bentley did have some good moments but he never lived up to the "next David Beckham" hype. Gotzës career was probably derailed by that illness, so maybe I shouldn't have out him in. Adu was actually so overrated it was actually amazing. He was getting scouted by Real Madrid at 14, when he was debuting for the US U-17. Some experts were saying he'd score upwards of 500 goals. Then he sucked. Lord is nicklas bendtner and yes I find those memes funny. Pulisic was just an American doing decent in the bundesliga and the media overhyped him so much that people already think he's world class out here. He really hasn't been doing good the last few months

>lord
To be fair, he has a good goal return for Denmark

>I have no idea who Lord is
newfag pls go

Just because you were on a team that won a trophy doesn't mean you were any good. Marlon santos won the copa del Rey with Barça but didn't play once. Alex Isak won the DFB-Pokal with Dortmund but didn't play once. In fact, lord won the serie a, DFB-pokal, the supercup, and the mesterfinalen, but barely played.

As for Joe cole, he played 182 times in 7 years for Chelsea and scored 28 times. As a winger. That doesn't sound very good to me

what are you fucking retarded? shit happens and half your cases are just guys getting old, why not complain about how Matt Leinart was a turd?

True. He did get that hat trick against the US

You put the standard too high. Being in the Bayern and Chelsea 11s is major life achievement for anyone from thousands of footballer.

>doesn't sound good
So you didn't watch him play? I've followed Chels since Zola and Cole was a great player for them. He scored some incredibly important goals.

No these are cases of people actually not living up to their hype, nothing to do with age. Gotzë you could argue with me about because he got some digestive disorder or some snit like that, and pulisic because he's so young.

Anyway, I never really watched football. What happened with Matt leinart

I have seen him play a few times but it was years ago so my memory is a little fuzzy. I just based it off his stats. Anyway my main point was people thought he was gonna be so much better than he was

Arsenal had a guy for 4 years who was only signed because the players thought it would be funny to pretend he's good and Wenger fell for it

>I just based it off his stats
Fucking ameridumbs

Who? Sanogo? that guy looks like talented 17 yo, who would've though he's stay the same years later.

He played most of his Chels career under Mourinho and he was the number 2 winger behind Robben and Duff. He was meant to play as a very disciplined and hardworking style that sacrificed creativity for defence. He was never prolific goal scorer so to base his career off of stats is naive.

No Igors stepanovs
>dailycannon.com/2017/03/arsenal-signed-stepanovs-bergkamp-co-played-joke/

hype kills. expectations are set too high and players start pressing when all that hype gets to them
remember when Lebron was hyped to be the next MJ?
remember when Luck was the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning?
remember when Barkley and Hackenberg were 1st round talents?

Well, LeBron may have not been the best example because many people consider him to be better than MJ, but I definely see what you're saying

LeBron obviously delivered, and Luck is injury-prone on a team with zero other good football players

I do think the "American sports system" is better for player development because you're never frozen out, you're always playing somewhere even if it's college football or the shitty AHL. It's just a handful of basketball guys (Darko, high school draft picks) who got frozen out

speaking of promising young talents, what happened to the kid in pic related?

The only hype i ever remember him getting was about his age. Anyway he plays for a série b team now

>facebook memes
The way OP phrased it, it seemed like a player called Lord

Again, Cole is 36. Most footballers' careers are over at that stage. Everyone gets scouted by big clubs, the fact they weren't signed shows the hype was dismissed early on. Those 'experts' should be disregarded

>Ameristats

>Joe cole
Wut, he played at top level for a million years

>Joe Cole
>J. C.
>Jesus Christ
Coincidence?

Immense pressure from their peers (parents, official agents, unofficial agents, staff, fans, etc.)
I'm not even memeing, Monaco just bought a 13 years old, a kid who probably still wet the bed sometimes, 1 MILLION EURO.
What do you think it happens in his head? afaik these "wonder"-kids have everything they can dream of, but psychological assistance to cope with all this pressure.
In the end, in France, only 1 kid on 30 who entered a football formation center manages to become pro.

I don't know if you can subtitle this short doc, but this is pretty informative
youtube.com/watch?v=7nXe8nl6dw4

He's just autistic, hence him being on this website desu

>Andrea Pirlo
le classy bearded pass man and mr. "best passer in the world" and he ultimately ended up sitting on the bench in MLS.

You now remember Gago, the next Redondo

No one in Europe has been hyping up Pulisic, stfu

You now remember Granero

Was he hyped?
Don't you mean Canales?

Why doesthe US media have to kill him with their hype? Why has to be a PulisicCam? It's like they want to smash him.

Both were hyped

You now remember Bojan Horseman

youtube.com/watch?v=AYM0R1S4Vfs

Always in our hearts

>he ultimately ended up sitting on the bench in MLS.
Because he is old as fuck. Pirlo never was that much strong in the first place, and now as an old man he's like 10% of what he was, because you decline quickly after 35
And figure that leagues with less skill rely more on athleticism
MLS is the anti-Pirlo league

In Dortmund and in America they have

The media doesn't know that their doing it. They shilled for Hillary for years and she still manages to loose

Thanks for the video, but it's not available in America

>Freddy Adu
>played for the US U-17 at 14
>at 14
More like at 20.

Joe Cole was a key player in 3 Premier League winning squads with Chelsea. One of the only tricky, technical English wingers in a generation stacked with central players. OP is a moron.

He had a rapid decline once he left Chelsea, but by that point he was 29 with a few long injuries.

to be fair I don't remember Granero being hyped either

More like 25

>I have no idea who Lorde is

> only 1 kid on 30 who entered a football formation center manages to become pro.
what a retarted statistic
in what world could it be any different? you only have so many pro clubs