Is this the greatest folk album ever released?

Literally the soundtrack of my high school years

Check out Desaparecidos' Read Music/Speak Spanish for some Conor post-hardcore goodness.

I wish emo bluegrass music were more of a thing.

>And the world's got me dizzy again, you'd think after 22 years I'd be used to the spin

i'm well aware dude, i worship conor.

No.

>whistles like a beautiful bird behind you

Not even his best

The Falconer's Arm is superior

>Literally the soundtrack of my high school years
I recently found my iPod touch from when I was in high school and every track from this album had more than 1000 plays

That's not Peasant by Richard Dawson
Good choices

I always smile when I see Bright Eyes show up on Sup Forums

dae this album transition u from classic rock/tony hawk pro skater-core to actual music?

Absolutely not even folk

IIIIII LOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOOU JEEEEEEESUUUUUUUUUUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST

what genre would you classify it as?

Indie rock.

What is this album called and who's it by?

Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake It's Morning

Thank you.

Bright Eyes is probably one of the worst bands to exist, and that album shouldn't even be considered folk. Gonna post some better albums
Basho is great. This, Venus In Cancer, and Zarthus are near perfect
Bad and not folk

>one of the worst bands to exist
This clearly wasn't a very thought out statement.

Sorry dude. Bright Eyes are just so completely uninteresting and shallow

>Phoneposter

Yeah, that's fine, but they aren't close to being "one of the worst bands to exist."
That's just silly talk.

You're just jealous that I get to shitpost from the comfort of my bed
You got me. I was exaggerating. But that album is still pretty actively terrible and only vaguely folk

Can someone tell me why pic related is so criminally underrated?

well, NSB isn't exactly folk either

Do you not think psych-folk is folk?

Really now

I alway preferred Digital Ash in a Digital Urn over that one. It's still good but Digital Ash was superior and since they were released the same day, plebs praised I'm Wide Awake it's Morning so other people totally missed out on Digital Ash. 13 years later I'm still listening to it (and LIFTED of course) but not I'm Wide Awake.

Yes.

Yeah

was obsessed with this record and all bright eyes in middle school. seen him twice live, once with desaparecidos and once with bright eyes. but i gotta say theres a lot better folk records imo. ruminations by conor is better imo. would rec okkervil river's black sheep boy if u havent already heard it.

Okkervil River is one of the best but they venture too much towards rock music to be considered folk.

i would say that NSB play drone or ambient or even post-rock
but not folk

Okkervil River my favourite band

>Carved heart,Lie there,The cover up,Breaking waters
>Not folk

im listening to pink moon and really enjoying it, any other folk recs? i like elliot smith and red house painters

First, these tracks are 10% of the entire album, all the rest is drone-ambient.
Second, these tracks may sound 'folk-ish' but they serve more as interlude than as substantional songs. They do not define NSB sound.
And i'm not even talking about other albums in their discography.

NSB has some folk songs in any their album

even Daughter of Darkness?

I saw Conor on his Solo UK tour for Ruminations and it was one of my favourite shows I've ever been too, its crazy how much better Ruminations is than Salutations.

I still don't understand how people tolerate Oberst's voice. It's absolutely the most annoying nerd-screech I've ever heard.

You got dubs, so now you are being challenged!

Never finished that album.But i still would consider them to be experimental or psychedelic folk

whatever
our argument makes no sense anyways
those are just labels

Cassadaga is a better album overall but I can't deny that I'm not nostalgic for being 16 and heartbroken and listening to Bright Eyes all day.

Cos BE fans wanted more folk and less modrock.

sure