Rap

TLDR If you had to write a 2000 word essay on any rap song what would it be?

I have a school assignment to write a research paper on any song i want. I like rap and Ive been considering the message, poetic justice, brendas got a baby among others. But i was interested in what others might choose in my position. Also Im not smart enough to analyze the intellectual work that is Gucci Gang so lets keep it simple.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/m04b0rRKT6o
youtu.be/i9sXKHnf9R8
youtu.be/cv_s_VGgQ-o
youtube.com/watch?v=r0Sy4twXSn0
youtube.com/watch?v=ItSMa4KvtuE
youtube.com/watch?v=GhPiPe854RY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Runaway

I Love College by Asher Roth

Dance with the devil unironically though

Something by Aesop Rock
You could write a book on the many meanings of his abstract but compelling lyrics

any recommendations?
never listened to him

eminem's rain man

Go with one of Ice Cube's early political tracks. They all contain loads of straight forward, hard hitting social commentary which one could easily write about. Anything by Public Enemy would also be a good choice.

youtu.be/m04b0rRKT6o
youtu.be/i9sXKHnf9R8
youtu.be/cv_s_VGgQ-o

LOL i think flava flave would freak my teacher out. Harder than u think is my shit tho

Fuck The Police
Fight The Power

nas ny state of mind.

theres a lot of different directions you could go in. but the world is yours is a good pick if your teacher's easily impressed

Fuck the police is kinda hypocritical cause the 2nd and 3rd verses are like "im commiting crimes but fuck the police for holding me accountable."
yeah i considered nas and doo wop by lauryn hill both songs have the consciousness and lyrics to impress most ppl

why not pick a song with some historical value

Gummo by 6ix9ine. There is true lyrical genius behind the phrase "BLIKKY GOT THE STIFFY UH"

The message by grand master flash.... i mean shit the only other 2 og rap song ik are rappers delight and the breaks.
Or maybe futures verse on kings dead. "la di da di da, slob on my knob" in a gay ass falsetto

Actually as I think about it Gummo can't be a 2000 word essay lmao. Fuck The Police by NWA would probably do it. It has a lot of controversy and history with it too. So yeah I changed my mind

on doing an evil deed blues by lil ugly mane

Why does nobody call out the underage?

you could talk about the rise of east coast/west coast feud and how it built up with BDP- the bridge is over
youtube.com/watch?v=r0Sy4twXSn0

>east coast/west coast feud
>the bridge is over
nigga, you dumb as fuck. the feud in that song is BDP/Bronx vs Juice Crew/Marley Marl/Queens. The Coast Wars didn't start until The Chronic and the whole G-funk era like seven years later.

One of these two:

youtube.com/watch?v=ItSMa4KvtuE
youtube.com/watch?v=GhPiPe854RY

They aren't incredibly poetic or deep, but they each focus on very unique concepts, and come from important contexts on an introspective level and within their album.

Especially Plead the fifth. That album was an incredible work of art, extremely progressive, bangin beats, and a good amount of what I'd call prototrap, wrapped up with positive, yet introspective lyrics. Also it avoids the faggy preachyness that exists in most concious hip hop.

Do it on Common Sense's "I Used To Love H.E.R."
>dat metaphor
>dat reveal at the end

You could probably do just about anything from TPAB
Power by Kanye would be interesting, you could incorporate how the album as a whole was a huge comeback for him and the song is basically his comeback theme song

Other good options

>People talking about music on mu, i must intervene
>underage because he says school
How do you know OP doesn't go to uni and just call it something different