Name a better scifi movie made in the past 10 years

Name a better scifi movie made in the past 10 years

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it stopped being fiction a couple of months ago

It's amazing how this movie can be so funny and bitter at the same time.

Satire at its best.

Event horizon

Chronicle
Her
Looper
Men in Black III
Moon
Redline
Source Code
Summer Wars
Super 8
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Timecrimes

didn't even chuckle once throughout the whole thing. Also the conclusion is dead wrong, people are not getting dumber

>LE DRUMPF IS DUMB XDDDD
upvoted

I know people are gonna hate me for this but
Ex Machina, and Looper,

If you suddenly hate me, keep in mind that i am a pleb who does not watch everything that's released, and i'm fine with that.
Please keep your rage contained

Would you like to back up such an extreme exaggerations with some examples, or even arguments?

Looper?

more like

POOPER!

>tfw even self-professed plebs have better taste than Sup Forums contrarians

upvoted

>HAHA PRESIDENT WRESTLER AND DRUMPF
former presidents used to get drunk and get into fistfights in public

>HAHA HORRIBLE HEALTHCARE
people used to treat pneumonia by praying to chicken bones

>HAHA WATERING PLANTS WITH SODA
that one was confusing, how is anyone alive?

>HAHA COURTROOM IS A SHAMBLES
people used to get tried and burned for witchcraft because "Jebediah saw them with a cat"

>HAHA ENTERTAINMENT IS GETTING DUMBER
not like the 1700s smash hit of "traveling troupe dress like the king and pretend to fuck pigs while picking their noses"

the only conclusion you can draw from this movie is that Mike Judge is a douche who built a career on telling people how much dumber than him they all are

>things used to be shit, so we shouldn't strive to improve ourselves

typical Americuck logic t'b'h'

No the movie's good it's pretty much everyone that saw it that smugly thought it was reality

literally nothing to do with what I wrote

Anyone noticed the irony in that despite the sentiment of humanity getting dumber and dumber (which is just straight up retarded in the first place) as time goes on, the main character was just as fucking retarded as everyone else and all that his bright mind could come up with was that "plants + water = good"? Or was that the point all along, that people who actually believe this le wrong generation are idiots lacking any self awareness whatsoever? Because if it was, most people seem to be missing it.

He's saying that things are getting better.

>dress like the king and pretend to fuck pigs
truly artists ahead of their time

It was originally written as a serious and dramatic piece but the execs made Judge turn it into a comedy so the plebs would enjoy it.

kek

Then what the fuck is your point? All I got from your post is that the status quo shouldn't be criticized because things are better now than they used to be

the film portrays the future, not the present. So it's saying that society is getting more and more retarded which is just wrong. And all of that can be overlooked if there was one funny joke in the whole movie

Obviously this movie is not to be taken 100% seriously. as said, it's satire.
Still, it carries a message or moral based in some truths. Especially the rampant capitalism dumbing down media and firt-world luxury items to appeal to an as wide as possible audience while maximizing profits is something that has the potential to do severe damage to humanity and the enviroment.

It is meant as an exaggeration of a potential future. Only a fool would take a futuristic prediction wherein all water except for the plumbing was replaced by gatorade seriously.

can you point me to a time where capitalism didn't dumb down media? Maybe around the time of William Randolph Hearst, who practically invented modern newspapers and the gossip media and became a billionaire off of it?

Normie trash.

>I"M SMART AND EVERYONE IS DUMB

only normies like this movie

see
Giving too much power to the corporation has the potential to ruin a LOT of things for us.
Idiocracy points this out by blowing this out of proportion in a comedic way, while still pointing out the faults that are there in reality. Some of the stuff in the movie has even come true somewhat. Blowjob coffeeshops are already a thing.

if you liked this you'll love the spiritual sequel. It's more of the "everyone but me is retarded" you enjoyed from Idiocracy but with some more "le wrong generation" mixed in

nothing you're describing is new. Blowjob coffeeshops were called "taverns" and have existed for millennia

Thank you for this enlightening insight into the subject matter. Truly, you are the superior intelligence.

You can make Gatorade out of salt water though.

>Severe enviromental pollution is not new
>Corporations having more power than the government is not new

The dumbing down of society might not be new, but it is reaching critical levels in certain "developed" countries.

Your point? I was pointing out that no matter what, in no way is all the tap water in the country gonna be replaced by gatorade. The idea itself is beyond absurd.

>one jerk at a time

Moon

I had a childish kek

What?

>Corporations having more power than the government is not new
private persons having more power than the government isn't new. And while industrial pollution is relatively new, people hundreds of years ago would live in horrible conditions, emptying shit pots from their balconies, rats everywhere etc.

Literally the only funny joke in the movie is St God's Hospital.
>DUDE STUPID TV SHOWS LMAO
Am I actually supposed to laugh because they go to Costco?

>people are not getting dumber

Appeal on history does not hold in this situation. Pollution on a scale that is happening today is unprecidented and is posing a real threat to a large number of plant and animal species on Earth. Not to mention living conditions of humans. Just because life was shit doesn't mean we should revert to that hundreds of years later. This movie is literally about such regression.

Young people have always been dumb.

>(((global warming)))

Please educate yourself. You are only causing harm by spreading such ignorance.

Can you provide proof that people are getting more stupid?

Affirmative action.
Auto correction.
Less restrictions on on what it takes to pass exams.
Useless degrees such as painting egg shells and doctorate degrees on what a vaginas and penises do.
Safety pins.

We also have:

Particle accellarators
Fusion reactors
Self-driving vehicles
Supercomputers
Reusable spacecrafts
Widespread vaccination

>(((educate)))

>Chronicle
yes
>Her
kinda
>Looper
nah
>Men in Black III
nah
>Moon
kinda
>Redline
the anime? it looked great, but I wouldn't say it was better than idiocracy
>Source Code
haven't seen it
>Summer Wars
haven't seen it
>Super 8
no
>The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
yes
>Timecrimes
haven't seen it

also District 9

Vaccines cause autism.

People are actually not getting dumber. IQs have been steadily rising, and will continue to do so.

>my proof that people are getting dumber? Why racism of course!

Stellar

It's a pretty terrible fart comedy, what's so special about it but first few minutes and predicting Trump presidency?

Jesus fucking Christ, do you realise how long it's going to take to name every sci-fi movie made in the past 10 years? Why would I bother doing that?

IQ are steadily 100, always

>satire by mike judge
>a decent one, great for those who know and enjoy judge's style
>usually well received
>fedorafags start using it as a fucking bible despite being a silly satire
>millenials got their hands on it and now that Trump is president won't shut up about it
>can't say I like it without autistic screeching
web2.0 was a mistake

Negro it started preproduction as a cartoon, with judge even drawing up rough headshots of characters and only later was it shifted to live action. hence the "his head looks like a peanut!" line.

Because they adjust the test constantly. 100 is the median.
Even if people became super smart or super stupid, the test will always be balanced so the median is around 100.

The movie itself makes a sound argument as to why people are getting dumber. If you want to challenge that argument, feel free.

>Because they adjust the test constantly.

It's a fucking quotient. The fuck you think that word means?

A Scanner Darkly is a better movie, a better sci-fi and a better satire. It shits all over it.

Seconding Ex Machina, Moon and Time Crimes, as well.

blade runner

IT WAS ALL A DREAM

A scanner darkly was satire?

Are you sure you're not confusing satire for "strained far past the breaking point allegory?"

Predestination

lad... shhhh

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect

You realize that means people are getting dumber (as 100 gets easier every revision) AND just cements further the fact it's a quotient rather than a measurement?

>Are you sure you're not confusing satire for "strained far past the breaking point allegory?"

Yes

>You realize that means people are getting dumber (as 100 gets easier every revision)

Now, how did you ascertain that?

>Name a better scifi movie made in the past 10 years

It's becoming increasingly not sci-fi.

>LE TRUMP IS GOING TO SHIT UP AMERICA MEME XD

yes

Read the damn wiki page before you link it.

Just because speculative fiction turns out to be correct doesn't make it non-fiction

>Ulric Neisser estimated that using the IQ values of 1997 the average IQ of the United States in 1932, according to the first Stanford–Binet Intelligence Scales standardization sample, was 80.

I just think you mistakenly think it works the other way around...

I'm not sure.

no vaccines cause dead childs

truuu xD

Don't worry, luv.
Trump won, the future of Idiocracy might be avoided if he gets his way.