Deftones Gore

Finally gave this a listen. Easily my favorite Deftones album since White Pony. What did you guys think?

Honestly, I thought it was extremely uninspired - I say it was the worst Deftone's album I've ever heard. Although to be fair, despite being a longtime fan, I've never heard Adrenaline in its entirety so maybe not the absolute worst.

The overall sound of this album is just different than previous Def albums.

KNY is by far my favorite. But it still didn't stop me from making a nice wall ornimant out of the EP and lithograph of Gore.

top 3 deftones albums

1.White Pony
2.Deftones
3.Gore

Am i weird for thinking this or am i a faggot contrarian?

Man, y'all are crazy. KNY & especially SNW are leagues beyond Gore, IMO

I like that you can hear Stephen restraining himself from riffing, and finding that solid texture throughout, though

Steph had very little to do with Gore.

This is why I'm not a huge fan. Chino running the show isnt always a good thing.

1. Gore
2. Saturday Night Wrist
3. White Pony
4. Deftones
5. Diamond Eyes
6. Around the Fur
7. Koi No Yokan
8. Adrenaline
I'm really liking Palms atm, probably my favourite side project of Chino's, and let's face it, he's the real genius behind deftones

1. White Pony
2. Around the Fur
3. Deftones
4. Adrenaline
rest

1.Deftones
2.Around the fur
3.White pony
4.Saturday night wrist
5.Diamond eyes
6.Koi no yokan
7.Adrenaline
8.Gore
Its the only time that they sound like theyre just making an album together because of contract obligation. There were some great parts and some new experiments but lots of ideas just didnt mesh well and some parts sounded kitschy.

White Pony is the purest example of Stephen and Chino doing 50/50 or maybe a little more in Chinos favor.

I made a pretty good chad chino meme but i deleted it by accident, feelsbadman,

It's their worst album after Adrenaline. Sounds very uninspired and the production is bad.
If I had to pick a top 3 it would be White Pony, Saturday Night Wrist, Diamond Eyes

I like the album but the Production is horrible. It sounds raw but in the over produced sense if that makes any sense.

s/t is definitely their most underappreciated

Yeah, it sounds very sterile and ugly. I don't know what went wrong, koi no yokan and diamond eyes sounded perfect.

So why do people still deftones as a nu metal band? the last time they made anything close to nu metal was on white pony and that was really minimal in nu metal sounds.

because white pony was released during the height of nu metal and the genre died soon after dickhead

I feel bad for Stephen, Stephen just wants to play the most crushing djent known to man but fucking Chino just wan't to make shoegaze and dream pop.

Agreed

Also agreed. He has all 8 strings to do so but Chino and his sixer won't allow.

"Djent meets dreampop" is basically Diamond Eyes. That's why I like that album so much. That albums sounds like as if all the members had equal creative control over it. Gore is more "Chino Moreno and the Deftones"