Half the songs share the same progression, except maybe in a different key

>Half the songs share the same progression, except maybe in a different key
>No real instrumental melodies, just basic chords throughout the entire album

Is this seriously the best """rock music""" has to offer? I supposed Scaruffi was right when he said that the fact that the Beatles are still considered one of the best bands only shows how far away rock music is from becoming serious art.

best rock album of all time

>Is this seriously the best """rock music""" has to offer?
No.

> not understanding minimalist classical composers and the obvious influences they had to this album
> thinking that complexity is the cause of good albums
I hope you only listen to progressive math-jazz

Transcends rock music

> inb4 "I can't play an instrument and that sounds easy to play so it must be"

Good songwriting =/= complexity

Nice assumptions. I'll have you know you're dead wrong and all the songs on this album are beginner tier except maybe european son but implying that wasn't just a random jam.

> flawless viola playing
> some random jam was complex
Take a lap and listen to some Steve Reich, La Monte Young, Philip Glass, Morton Feldman or Tony Conrad while you're at it and see what minimalist song structure is

never said it was complex, just not beginner tier. it's still shit

> ignoring the point
Expect no less from someone that doesn't want to do any research

That's not even their best album

In fact, it may be their worst

It's a matter of taste,
>"becoming serious art"

Just because it's not your cup of tea, doesn't mean someone else doesn't wanna fiend on it.
I love the album, and the overlaying tone that all the songs have is perfect for a Velvet mood. Gets you in the zone, so to speak

> White light/ white heat: arguably better
> TVU self titled: doesn't have John Cale, loses a large amount of the VU aesthetic, although it has fantastic lyrics.
> Loaded: same as above but slightly worse lyrical content.
> Squeeze: no original members, a VU album in name only.
What did user mean by this

Agreed. Velvet Underground and Nico is easily their best because its the only one with the best lineup (read: with John Cale) where they aren't going full retard in the studio *cough* WLWH *cough*

The crudeness is part of the appeal you fool

I was talking about OK Computer, dumbass

that paedophile Scaruffi thinks music is a mathematical equation. Even the most complex of jazz records aren't shit without the soul that's embedded in them.

Good rebuttal.

lou reed's voice makes my dick hard so it's still a good album

How it that even a rebuttal? he literally replied to the Radiohead post lol.

i gotta say that this """""""serieous aret""""""""" ideologeme is totally full of crap

go masturbate on sothbeys lots if it is your cup of tea