Is fitter happier supposed to be deep or something

is fitter happier supposed to be deep or something

Yes.

I think it was more meaningful in 1997 before african college kids on beaches started making 'deep' videos about tech dependence.

hey when youre 13 and you realize everything is bullshit and you just read 1984 and you listen to ok computer, fitter happier makes a lot of sense. might seem obvious now but not when you're figuring it all out

OK Computer is not OK. It sucks. Film equivalent of The Room. I cringe at the impressional droves embracing this trash simply because they were told to. I bet you fell for the Napoleon Dynamite meme also.

>Film equivalent
>this whole post

2deep4u

>Film equivalent of The Room
Come on now

You have every right to call Ok Computer overhyped/overrated. But you're doing it wrong here.

Yeah, try growing a brain and reading a book or something.

Absolutely. And it is!

OP i understand why you may think this song plays out a stupid, overdone message, but you have to consider it contextually. what it was doing was, at the time, still very new. this album as a whole is celebrated in part because it formed a musical template how 21st century issues like this would be addressed.

not to mention that, once you get passed the triteness of it all, it's actually a fucking terrifying song. just ignore how many times the concept has been repeated, and instead think about how many hours you're going to be working a 9 to 5 for the rest of your life.

It was supposed to be the album's opener rather than an interlude. It's still very weird and off-putting 20 years later - when it came out, the effect was way bigger.

It's supposed to be deep, yes. Is it deep? No.

newshits get OUT

You had to be there. It just sounds pretty forced and 2deep4u now, because nihilism has become such a hot trend.

This was 1997 however. 9/11 hadn't happened yet, and Oasis were the biggest band in the world. A message like Fitter Happier seemed startlingly fresh at the time. Plus, i was 16.

No, it's a very straightforward track

Jesus, get out of here grandpa

>tripfag

Not deep. Just relatable.

tripfags get OUT

It was intended as an intro for the album to set the mood until the band thought it fit better as a mid-album transition.