"Past a certain age, a man without a family can be a bad thing"

What age is he talking about?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W1P_-ZMpTdc
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_divorces
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

late 20s

mid-30s. a family sets a man in a community. without it a man can run wild like rust.

Trailer kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=W1P_-ZMpTdc

Enough with the meems

That's a trick question. A man without family is no man at all, he's just an empty husk.

cut off is 40
for women around 30 if they don't have a stable relationship

your age

what do you mean bad thing

Top keke thanks for grinding my self confidence into the dust

>Past a certain age, a man who still holds his v card can be a bad thing
What she was he referring to?

32 and counting

Thanks mom

WIZARD
I
Z
A
R
D

Dangerous. Unpredictable.

In a way, you stop being a man the moment you start a family. Now you have to answer for others (and to them as well). You're tied to a place no matter how shitty things might get, you can't just go "fuck it" and move somewhere else. You have to look down and swallow your pride.

I like how Jack Donovan puts it: "being a good man" and "good at being a man". A family makes you a good man.

>being a cuck makes you a good man

ty reddit

this.

a man with a family is no longer a man, but a literal cuck. cuckolded by obligations, by having to put up with stupid kids, stupid wife and stupid mother in law. his priorities are no longer his. his manly nature of constantly seeking challenges gets severed because he now has to be a good and stable provider for the family.

only when hes old as fuck, broken and wasted by pursuing the dreams of others, he can think for and by himself. but by that time, its already too late.

He's reversed cause and effect.

Certain types of men don't get a family by a certain age, but they're always that way.

>passing on your genes and having a nice nuclear family is le cuck xd

Ah, to be uderage Sup Forums neckbeard.
A man without family is living empty life of shallow consumerism until his sad, lonely death.

Having children just prolongs the sad consumerism

>mfw watching the original Magnificent Seven yesterday
>Chico: Your gun has gotten you everything you have. Isn't that true? Hmm? Well, isn't it true?
>Vin: Sure. Everything. After a while, you can call bartenders and Faro dealers by their first names. Maybe two hundred of 'em. Rented rooms you live in, five hundred. Meals eaten in hash-houses, a thousand. Home, none. Wife, none. Kids... none. Prospects, zero.

>tfw I turned 26 today

you bastard

I agree with you but there's nothing wrong with consuming

>turning 30
>not family or gf

if a man having a family is so important to him why would he fuck his up like that

actually, the children are a part of consumerism but you're obviously too dumb to see that

>having children is a part of consumerism
What did he mean by this?

i have no family because im devoted to creating art until i die.

kids are a distraction and a huge programmed spending that never ends, they are truly consumerisms endgame.

Marty was an awful character

I can appreciate a character I dislike if he/she is consistent but Marty was inconsistent. And no, not just inconsistent as in "being a hypocrite is part of his character"

More consumers

you niggers don't get the point. He was a man with a shitty family who neglected his daughter and fucked around on his wife and he was talking from some soapbox about Rust being fucked up because he didn't have one

Why is that bad?

this thread is sad

I didn't say it was i was just explaining

Oh

Late 20s

Not settling down by 30 is seen as weird by a lot of people. I don't really care though.

Not having a family is fine, not everyone wants kids.
Now not having a wife/gf by age 25 and being a virgin past age 20 means you have serious issues.
I honestly would not trust anyone who hasn't had sex at least once by their 20s.

I like mowing MY lawn.

If you're in your 30s and unmarried or at least not dating, most people would think you are gay or a weird loner.

what was the lawn a metaphor for?

God

at last I truly see

Ugh, I'm really trying to get past this mentality. Im about to turn 25 in a month and i have friends freaking out on how times ticking to start having kids before its too late.

I really dont want kids but a part of me is afraid ill regret it like 20 years later...

His wife. Marty was cheating on his wife and was incredibly paranoid that his wife was cheating on him as well.

When you're a crusty old man whose only relationship prospects are other crusty old women and divorced mothers you will regret it, I assure you.

True. My wife and child are making me strive to be a more successful man.

Without them what the fuck is the point? To have money from my shitty job just for shallow, samey entertainment or to go out with the buds once a month?

I think people here are scared of being a pathetic, genetic dead end, but are too scared to admit it. So they are looking for excuses.

The age when you get your career going and have enough money to settle down. If you don't settle down at that point, you either get stuck at this stage because nothing motivates you to go forward or get motivated by weird shit like drugs, money and yachts. Not that having a family isn't a weird thing to get motivation from.

>tfw 37, no family, not married, not dating
>tfw finished

You can have kids at any time. It's girls who have to worry more about how much time is left.
Still though, I can't believe people are still so hell bent on procreating with the world being like it is. It's whatever, I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, just do what you want.

Better make sure you have kids quicker than that or else they'll be born with autism and post on Sup Forums when they get older.

Listen to your guts, you'll regret it in 20 years

>having kids
shiggy diggy

Men are safe until we're in late 30s, 30-35 is really a peak age in terms of male attractiveness, you're still young, but you're already somewhat powerful. Women can start freaking out in late 20s though.

I feel you man. I'll have to do a choice later too, I'm still 22 but most women want to have kids and will leave you if you don't. My current gf said multiple times that she wants kids but I don't even dare to touch the subject because I'm afraid of the repercussions even if she doesn't want to have them in the near future.

Nah. When you get old enough (approaching 40s) your sperm health deteriorates and the chances of having a fucked up kid increases.

You gotta have a lot of money if you're not spending them on women. Or if you're a NEET, we'll you've had your fun for 37 years now, time to die son.

Risk of autism increases with a man's age. So unleas you freeze your good sperm now having a child as an older man can lead to shit kids.

you'd end up living with regret either way

Any other time in history and I would agree.

But being a parent in this day and age is a hell I wouldn't wish on anyone. No matter how well you raise your child, the chances of them having depression, anxiety, bi-polar, ADHD, autism, etc. are all extremely high. Even if they don't come down with a mental illness, the pressure of social media and fitting in is enormous - just look at /r9k/.

Also, millennials are forecast to be the first generation to lead worse lives than the one preceding. The world is overpopulated to shit, the idea of every man owning a house is quickly evaporating, there aren't enough jobs for everyone, it's now expected that you study well into your twenties and even beyond for a job in some cases, marriage for life is now archaic. Anything that gives some kind of moral bearing is gone, there's no religion, patriotism is outlawed, any notion of honor or discipline is actively laughed at.

Any family who can raise their kids to 18 without divorce or splitting apart is doing a great fucking job.

Good goyim. Let yourselves be outbred by Mexians and Blacks. Later go to pol and complain about muh white genocide

>tfw about to hit 30
>KHV
>tfw poor
>tfw fat

A-at least I still have baneposting!
>

damn

My parents must be a rarity then. They've been married for 30 years now, dad just turned 60 and mom isn't too far behind. They're staunch Catholic conservatives.

Tesla and other great ones never had offspring.

Who is to judge?

Enjoy life on your own way.

if you have kids you're going to be wondering what life would've been like without having those dumbass kids that take all your money and whatever free time you used to have

and if you dont have them youll spend the rest of your life regretting it and being afraid of dying alone instead of surrounded by loved ones

tldr life is shit

>leaving off the "with a big dick" line

>past a certain age a khhv can be a bad thing

what did he mean by this?

same here. I just want to have freedom. And the idea of sticking myself to a person i could possibly end up hating in a few years and really lock myself into it with kids. Fuck that, I'd rather just always have a backup plan to get out.

I have 2 aunts and uncles that never had kids. And they both seem perfectly fine with it. They both live completely different lives, The one couple live a normal suburban like life and the other lives a more wild life of partying and racing at the track. Though their lives coulda been better if at least one of them had a degree in college. But still, they seem to be perfectly happy and content.

Also I've been bitching about overpopulation for a while, so i might as well do my part and not procreate.

Children are the default legacy for the unexceptional and insecure.

>They're staunch Catholic conservatives.

There's your answer, sometimes having a religion that you both share and believe in can be good for your marriage because you have that in common and that is an extremely important part of their lives, like half of their identity is based on being a practicing catholic

>dad just turned 60 and mom isn't too far behind
>They're staunch Catholic conservatives.
They're from a different time. Boomers get a lot of shit and so do the religious, but they didn't have half the issues we do today.

Then choose your future wife wisely instead of choosing your future wife just for her great tits.

If you really cared you would have found a way.

yeah i still have to get around to ending it with my girl. Shes great and I love her, but we both want different things....

Also her mom is twice divorced and both her grandmas are divorced, so id rather just avoid that trainwreck in the future b4 i turn into pic related

>Any other time in history and I would agree.

Come on now.

Elaborate.

His behavior is pretty consistent. He deludes himself into thinking he was a good husband and father, especially years after the fact (when the opening interviews take place), and we're also shown that his arrogance and insecurity won't allow him to admit he fucked everything up with them. He was a sleazeball who thought behaving the way he did kept his marriage and temperament in check, and none of that contradicts his behavior throughout the show.

>Cameron has been married five times to the following spouses: Sharon Williams (1978–1984), Gale Anne Hurd (1985–1989), director Kathryn Bigelow (1989–1991), Linda Hamilton (1997–1999, daughter Josephine born in 1993), and Suzy Amis (2000–present).
>married five times
>never JUSTed

How did he do it?

pretty much all his problems can be summed up to

>muh dick

none of the women were psychos who suck the life out of everyone around them

Kids in the 1920s listened to their parents. If your dad got you an apprenticeship as a cobbler then you took it.

In the 2010s, it's basically a right of passage for teenagers to blame their parents for ruining their lives.

A lot of men can say that

I guess yea. Dad was raised Catholic but said after his grandma died he got pissed off at God and wasn't church going for a while. Mom was the daughter of a Mason priest or whatever they call them. I can't remember why they became such adherent Catholics but I guess it's worked well.

My dad has a lot of great stories about job hunting. It's really not as different as it is today it seems. Back then it was about connections and today it's still about connections. You can't just submit a resume once, get denied, and give up. The current office job he works at he applied to seven times before he got accepted, and he did a lot of networking between those applications. But he started working as a bouncer and a construction worker.

Anyway I'll stop talking about my family now.

True. But I just don't want to be a fucking wageslave just for the privilege of going home to post on some shitty Sup Forums forum for couple of hours until the next day of wageslavery.

To waste my money on useless electronics and shitty, boring, liberal entertainment till the day I die weak and alone, decayed in my room for days. No one to remember me or to give a shit.

Taking the risk with a family, even if it's shitty, is better idea.

He may be "married" to those women, but we all know his true love is himself.

I'd be that far up my own ass too if I was box office Midas.

t. 35 year old w/o pham

>James Cameron's divorce from Linda Hamilton; estimated at $50 million.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_divorces

>Now that I'm not spending my hard earned money on myself and what I want to do, I'm spending it on a woman and a kid, and what THEY want to do! This is what it means to be a man!

Real convincing propaganda.

>Without them what the fuck is the point?

What is the point with them? To convince yourself that you suddenly have a purpose because you're providing for someone besides yourself? Someone who would, in your absence or death, simply move on to another man who would do the same thing, probably better?

You're filling a role that could be filled by any able bodied man. Except instead of enjoying yourself, you're tied down catering your schedule and lifestyle to appease others to whom you are ultimately expendable.

Are you living in a thirld world country?

The majority of people I know have not even come close to having children, and we are all around 25-30 with girlfriends etc

Most people don't have families that young anymore.

>dad comes home from work
>wife greets him with a kiss
>kids shout daddy's home and go hug him
>he sits down to enjoy a delicious home cooked meal with his family
>considers himself the luckiest man on earth.
>wife goes to sleep, he kisses her good night and reminds her how lucky he is, he has some work to do
>goes to his study
>opens up Sup Forums
>shitposts until 2AM or until he's banned
>emails his secretary about where they should fuck next (they Wendy's restroom just behind his other apartment.
>goes back to bed
>I love you user
>I know

And that's why you have a family.

well do something with the money instead of bitching about it at home, you can literally do anything in your free time since you dont have kids or a wife to worry about.

travel to thailand and fuck a ladyboy if thats what you like.

having kids is a shitty meme and just a cruel joke of mother nature.

>creating a human being and damning it to die just because YOU NEED KIDS

>My dad has a lot of great stories about job hunting.
Maybe it's different where I'm from. Here, it was pretty common for people to quit school at 13 and get a job as a postman or in a bakery. My grand father did exactly that and my grand mother left when she was 15 - they were both only a little older than your parents are now.

>Back then it was about connections and today it's still about connections
I'm sure a lot of those office jobs are still pretty similar. But low skilled labor is really competitive these days, you'll get like 50 applications for a store cashier.