Dinosaur Movies: the good, the lame, the downright strange, and the kino

Do you like movies that feature Dinosaurs, Sup Forums? No matter how good or bad they get?

I myself am trying to think about how many Dino movies there are - I know that most of the more familiar ones were running off of the JP craze of the 90s (including Carnosaur, which was quickly made to come out before Jurassic Park!). And of course there's the Land that Time Forgot.

Do you have other favorites, guilty pleasures, fun times, etc.? Post about it here!

Starting with a classic scene of dino death-dealing with slight sexual undertones:
youtube.com/watch?v=IWgvopNb6aY

Funnily enough one constant of Carnosaur as a series was its playing footsy around with vore/gore fetishists.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yDXmefzIgnY
youtube.com/watch?v=3-t7f9aDP8k
youtube.com/watch?v=ruCkiBBeZ2w
youtube.com/watch?v=B9ubdk1tuI0
youtu.be/hlaXIRTjNfo
youtube.com/watch?v=45qxojBH4aA
youtube.com/watch?v=TbCojRhaeO4
youtube.com/watch?v=ICIEzHgJAaA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Legend of dinosaurs and monster birds, and the carnosaur films are pure schlockino

Not a movie but Walking with Dinosaurs is docukino bliss.

There was a scene in one of the carnosaur movies where a woman gets her belly eaten out by a raptor that scared the shit outta me when I was a kid

youtube.com/watch?v=yDXmefzIgnY

Pure kino

I still wanna fuck that stripper Dino

Prehysteria movies will always have a special place in my heart

>watch carnosaur 2 as a kid
>pretty gud
>years later see aliens
>all this seems familiar
>mfw I saw the rip off before the original

Nice

It is a movie now.

I bet now you'd be turned on.

So Jurassic Park is the only good Dinosaur movie right?

Pure cheese

what the fuck is this garbage. This actually exists?

as will this flick
>dat villain death

br00tal

WE

>from Farscape producer David Kemper
this is what he has been reduced to, wow

youtube.com/watch?v=3-t7f9aDP8k

Oh it exists

well, the carnosaur movies have their... charms.

youtube.com/watch?v=ruCkiBBeZ2w

Anyone else grow up with this pure dino- I mean kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=B9ubdk1tuI0
first five minutes are the purest of dinokino
wish the rest of the movie was like it

Talking dinosaurs was a mistake. Wasn't the movie supposed to originally be without voices? Why does Hollywood always fuck these projects up by having shitty celeb voices make "jokes" over everything?

>talking dinos were a mistake

Although....

Roger Corman's CARNOSAUR is good fun.

Even features forklift battle from Aliens

youtu.be/hlaXIRTjNfo

Bump

>Roger Corman is so cheap he wants to recreate the Aliens power lift fight but just uses a forklift instead

lmao the wily bastard

I made a list especially for this occasion.
I grew up on dinosaurs. Studied them for years and wrote a book on them.
I always wanted to make my own dinosaur documentaries/series.

is there anything more comfy than watching an entire movie on youtube?

watching a shitty dinosaur movie on youtube

>mario bros

heh

>Studied them for years and wrote a book on them.

Impressive, user. I guess that makes for two authors in a thread about trashy dino flicks but my book wasn't about dinosaurs

>originally be without voices

Proof?

Jurassic Park franchise then The Valley of Gwangi.
And then nothing.

>All those documentaries

You I like

Right and The Lost World.

And of course those docs if we count them as well.

Btw I love the fact that the list includes Gertie. It's a shame people don't remember her.

>not posting this scene

youtube.com/watch?v=45qxojBH4aA

It's volcanic

>Carnotaurus did nothing wrong

this is from the wikipedia page for Dinosaur:

>"The film was originally going to be much darker and violent in tone, and would end with the Cretaceous-Paleogene extinction event, which would ultimately result in the deaths of the film's characters. Paul Verhoeven and Phil Tippett pitched the idea to Disney, only to have the idea for the film shelved away with the onset of the Disney Renaissance until the mid-1990s. The film was originally supposed to have no dialogue at all, in part to differentiate the film from The Land Before Time (1988) with which Dinosaur shares plot similarities. Michael Eisner insisted that the film have dialogue in order to make it more "commercially viable". A similar change was also made early in the production of The Land Before Time, which was originally intended to feature only the voice of a narrator."

I guess that's a weaker connection, but the idea is more interesting.

>no one million years bc
>no valley of gwangi

Come on now.

dinosaur revolution was shit

Holy shit the nostalgia. I think I watched every single one of these at least once

I don't see why people don't like the Super Mario Bros movie.
Did they expect a perfect Hollywood adaptation of fucking Mario ?
It's a charming flick. It's like Blade Runner for kids.

Gertie is precious.
The very first animated character with a personality, and the first depiction of dinosaur in film (crude as it was).
It's a charming short too, it still holds up pretty well.

I have a bit of a pet peeve with movies that show dinosaurs and cavemen co-existing together in a prehistorical period.
I could fill my list with dozens of cheesy dinosaur movies but I preferred to focus on documentaries or mini-series instead, with a few movies.

I don't remember it being anything spectacular but it didn't seem too bad.

I remember a kids movie with miniature dinosaurs...

Great; thanks for the recs. I'll have to check some of these out.

Bump

Ah, ok.

Prehysteria was a good kids dino movie.

>tfw there will never be a series of animated films based off of these GOAT comics

Nobody fucking posted this? The fuck Sup Forums?

As far as B movies go, this is quite honestly one of the best ones ever made.

good form, user. I'm cracking up just remember Tops talking.

i just love the scene where they machine-gun the implied-plesiosaur do death, it falls dead on the deck of the U-boat and the very next shot is a huge dinosaur steak...they're eating that bitch!

> nobody mentioned land before time

it would be the best if they hadnt killed off the two hottest women

Carnosau, wow, that takes me back. That movie freaked me the fuck out when I was a kid.

A movie that has some nostagia value for me is this 1960 cheese fest (see pic): Dinosaurus.

yeah, kind of a weird decision for a schlocky B-movie...but oh well. maybe they had classes or jobs to get back too.

or stripper polls.

youtube.com/watch?v=TbCojRhaeO4
>essential rent-from-the-library kino.

a guy involved with making the movie did a Q&A on some obscure forum a while ago, and he said that the girl who gets eaten by the water monster at the very beginning was killed off because she had scheduling conflicts, and after she left they were unable to contact her again so they had a stunt double do the shot of her swimming out. the girl who is seen getting grabbed by the swamp monster is not the same actress as the one who is seen on shore.

the second girl was a nudist and a minor playboy bunny who was trying to break into acting, and he said they could have easily gotten her to do a nude scene or three but decided not to because they knew that kids would be their target audience and didnt want an R rating. he did say he regretted killing her off though

>That movie freaked me the fuck out when I was a kid.
It's such a weird fucking premise... Scientist injects dino DNA into chickens and force women into being incubators to birth dinosaurs. And people say the science behind Crichton/Spielberg is fuzzy. Carnosaur is out of control.

I mean I guess it's got the "monster birth fetish" demographic down pat. Corman was/is truly a sultan of sleaze, lol.

I haven't seen this forever; I remember really enjoying it. I should find a torrent or something.

Such a badass poster.

Please someone help me find this movie, I thought it was carnosaur but I didn't see it:

I only remember this once scene from it as it fucked my shit up when I was a kid:

A guy (who I presume is a scientist) with a white coat is running away from what looks like a t-rex, only to be cornered. Then, the t-rex proceeds to bit his head off, and the camera zooms into his head being ripped off. That shit gave me nightmares. Anyone here think they know?

BLS

Prehistoric Park

The concept is pretty silly, wildlife host go back in time to bring back prehistoric creatures to a sanctuary. But its still very fun and the special effects is top quality. They are made by the same guys behind Walking with Dinosaurs.

>They are made by the same guys behind Walking with Dinosaurs
Thank God they didn't let that talent and hard work go to waste.

Planet Dinosaurs (BBC)

Documentary about newly discovered and some better known Dinosaurs and other prehistoric reptiles of the Mesozoic period. Special effects is not very good, but very informative, and some of the few docus/TV show to depict feathered dinosaurs.

The Truth About Killer Dinosaurs (BBC)

Dinosaur vs dinosaur documentary (think of something like Animal Face Off, but with dinos). Featuring T-Rex vs triceratops, Velociraptor vs Ankylosaurus, and Tarbosaurus vs Ankylosaurus again. Informative and decently animated, even if they repeat the same stock footage several times.

The Last Day of the Dinosaurs

Documentary/TV movie about dinosaur extinction. Lot of inaccurate models, but pretty good-ish animation, badass dino fight, and great music.

Dinotasia

Compilation movie from Dinosaur Revolution documentary. Narrated by Werner Herzog. Visual effect is not very consistent, can be very good or bad. A pretty weird one, can be too cartoony and gory all the sudden.

Ice Age 3

Arguably the best or second best Ice Age movies. Its certainly my favorite and of course it got that 'Walk the Dinosaur' song.

BBC Lost World

Made by the same guys behind Walking with Dinosaurs. I believe you guys already familiar with Doyle's Lost World, because that's more or less the plot, but with some changes.

Nat Geo's Sea Monsters

Cool visual effects and my favorite prehistoric subject too. Unfortunately its too short to tell a good story or information.

>Carnosaur
I can't believe my mom let me watch that shit as a kid. Explains a lot.

There's a scene like that in Carnosaur 2.

>Arguably the best
No.

Oh man I remember this. It was so fun

>Super Mario Bros.

Underrated

>That moment when the Deinosuchus ambush that poor herbivore bastard

Holy shit...

>BBC
>Not a single negro

>ctrl f
>no dinotopia

I always have to rewatch this shit every few years.

>that pic
>This can't be happening, I'm in charge here!

Jurassic Fight Club

The science is downright bad, fight scene can be too over the top (though pretty good at times), narration is cheesy, all around guilty pleasure. The game (Jurassic Fight Club: Turf Wars) was fun at least.

youtube.com/watch?v=ICIEzHgJAaA

A personal favorite of mine.

>The game (Jurassic Fight Club: Turf Wars) was fun at least.
Use so many combo move using T-Rex to destroy every last enemy. Utahraptor can be pretty fun to use too.

Primeval (ITV)

At least for the first three seasons. Think Doctor Who, but with time portals (or anomaly as they call it), and dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures.

We don't talk about that

So much potential...

Is the Cretaceous Cut any better?

They shouldn't have killed Cutter. Really ruin the show after it happens.

Dinosaur Revolution/Dinotasia is more or less the animated version of it.

Ricardo Delgado was a major part of that series.

I miss this show. If only they can stop ruining it with cliffhanger for every season finale.

Also this.

loved this show as a kid. the animatronic dinos still look surprisingly good

Flying Monsters 3D

Documentary movie about pterosaurs with David Attenborough

Prehistoric Beast

Short film by Phil Tippet. It has some really good stop motion animation.

I used to love this movie. Haven't seen it in so long

came here to post that.

i spent a month pulling a 4.5gb 720p of that from a single seed.

i partitioned YIFFY to post it when jurrasic world came out but it was so unknown it didnt get the votes needed :(

Rip in peace

When Dinosaurs Roamed America

Title says it all, nearly two hours of Murican Dinos fighting and surviving prehistoric America. The best dinosaur special by Discovery to date.

So I guest no one else in this board saw Curse of the Komodo, about a gian komodo dragon that turns people into zombies with his bittes