Honest thoughts on cricket?

honest thoughts on cricket?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ULyR7sZ2eqk
youtube.com/watch?v=o5mBShX9fdU
youtube.com/watch?v=VVH4vXgNRmY
youtube.com/watch?v=hima6KCQ-yE
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3216183/Cricket-invented-French-80-years-played-England-historians-say.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

stranger baseball
not to be mistaken with crocket

Needs more physicality. The fast bowlers attackers and wicket guardians should be allowed to body check

I rate Buddy Holly but not Jimminy

why dont the french play cricket? i would have thought it would suit their character

Terrible upper class sport. Rounders is more fucking fun lmao.

>Terrible upper class sport. Rounders is more fucking fun lmao.

we unironically already have a "throw a small hard heavy ball" game: pétanque.

pfttt

honestly i like it

i hope you get eaten by the Ayia Napa sea monster deano

dont quite understand it yet. Is there an aspect to the game comparable to free throws in basketball? Where no player of the opposition interferes with the possibility of scoring a point? need to know for a friend

It's boring and requires no athleticism

delete this

>It's boring and requires no athleticism

Wish I was good at another sport

T20>ODI>shit>>>test

t. arpit rajput

my grandmother used to watch it a lot, so i still have an affinity for it. i used to be an ok player, played for my uni team. i was a shit fielder though.

if you are free, a day at the test cricket with cold drinks under the sun can be magical. i went to england vs pakistan last year, and it was pure class.

but it's really difficult to make the sport accessible and easy to play, which fails to attract a big pool, and makes it a pretty niche sport, even in england. if more people were into it, i would probably take more of an interest too.

>in b4 t.casual

posted this many times before but one of my mates is french and is absolutely obsessed with cricket after he moved here
he reckons it would have been huge in France if it were introduced there like rugby was

yeah, was just unlucky i guess

yeah fucking love spending an entire day on the piss at the cricket yelling out shit at the players on the boundary and fans on the other side. the Ashes are particularly good in that regard
it's a tradition in Australia to chuck a sickie and go to the cricket instead of work each summer

no that would be shit

It seems immensely complicated

youtube.com/watch?v=ULyR7sZ2eqk
love the ashes

it is as far as sports go tbf

look at that big stupid aussie jock. what a prime and sexy specimen

Games take too long

like an unnecessary cousin of baseball

youtube.com/watch?v=o5mBShX9fdU
youtube.com/watch?v=VVH4vXgNRmY
youtube.com/watch?v=hima6KCQ-yE

>Games take too long

"Cricket is too complicated" is one of the worst memes around. It takes 10 minutes to understand the rules.

quite boring, takes too much time between bowls and overs.

also t20 and odi's are gay. they need to find a way to make tests quicker and more action-packed. maybe have a shot clock bewteen bowler deliveries and the start of overs. theres far too much faffing about from the fielding team

garbage opinion

>ayo, how many wickets ya want on dis bitch field homey?
>JUST

Of all the races in the Galaxy, only the English could possibly revive the memory of the most horrific wars ever to sunder the Universe and transform it into into what I'm afraid is generally regarded as an incomprehensibly dull and pointless game.

We all know that in the IPL only Pakistani cricketers are kept aside, and in the world XI which is officially sent and formed by ICC, every test playing nation has shown its representation except India. Yet now, in the flat world of the 21st century, a cricket fan is smart enough to understand the filthy attitude of India toward Pakistan cricket. At a time when every other nation stood up for Pakistan, Indian cricket is busy in collecting a huge amount of hatred from the world. India has allowed itself to be exposed and abused for his hypocritical stance towards cricket.
#PakistanZindabad

It's like baseball but for 5 yo with no attention span. It has no tension or payoff

French invented cricket.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3216183/Cricket-invented-French-80-years-played-England-historians-say.html

Spicy baseball

>American IQ

>fast bowling needs more physicality

Fun to play, torture to watch

Brasil would be goat at it if we played cricket (insect)

bowls? that's nothing like cricket

turbo brainlet

This is the most deano post. Enjoying a sport for the exercise and the bants but not actually being interested in it. Back to /trans/

1-5 days of sunstroke

Everyone loved playing rounders at school. Once i was batting and the bat slipped from my grasp and nearly killed someone.

None.

It's not as bad as baseball

Petánque is actually good and fun with some beers. We play a similar thing here called "bolas criollas"

would probably like it if I had been born into a country that played.

a sport exclusive for brainiacs

pretty much this for any sport teebeeaych

Even gayer than soccer

I've watched a game a few days ago for the first time in my life
it's retard baseball, and have in mind that baseball is pretty stupid itself
the batter literally doesn't have a clue to where the ball will go once he hits it
one of the worst sports I've ever seen

the state of this post

Off all sports, perhaps the most amusing to watch of you had literally zero idea of what was going on.

>unironically doing anything that's popular among street shiters

boring and pakis

Really do enjoy it but the only time its on TV is like 4 in the morning

Watched a match with my friend when I visited him in Tottenham. It was interesting, though I probably wouldn't watch it again unless I'm with others who watch it regularly.

The reason why cricket seems compicated compared to, say, baseball is because of the fucking overlay they have for broadcasted games. I mean that shit is just filled with a bunch of random numbers. Why can't it just have score, outs, and over count?

Is this even a sport ?

I hate pretending that I like it during the footy off season.

isn't that an insect the fuck?

so, say i was a cricket batter. Could I just stand in front of the wickets every pitch so I'd never strike out (or whatever the equivalent is in cricket)?

You can stand wherever you want, but if you stand in front of the stumps and miss the ball you'll be out leg before wicket.

Seems kinda weird. Dont the teams only bat once each? I know that its through the whole order but it just doesnt seem as exciting have a back and forth like in baseball where teams have multiple chances to exchange leads, gain momentum, etc. In Cricket Team 1 sets a high score, and Team 2 tries to beat it. Its a little TOO straightforward.

They bat once each in one day or 20/20 cricket. I get what you're saying but there can be back and forth in a run chase too.

It often happens that the team batting second can look like they're cruising toward the required total, only to shit the bed and lose a few wickets, or go through a dry spell where they score few runs, so the pressure on each team ebbs and flows.

Just woke up lads

Shit sport played by commonwealth brainlets, never going to be mainstream outside 15 countries. Countries like Papua New Guinea are considered good lmao.

that's bola de gude for adults lol

Babe Ruth got bored once, tried the sport, dominated it, but decided to stick to baseball upon learning professional Cricket players lived in poverty.

The scenario you're talking about happens only in limited overs cricket.
Test cricket goes on for 5days with both teams getting multiple chances to bat.

professional cricket players didn't exist back then

you were rich enough to play cricket and go on international tours, or you worked

Don't follow it closely since I watch too many other sports, but I appreciate it. Also really don't like comparing it to baseball, since the sports are completely different despite a few superficial similarities.

How can I get a nice upper-class paki gf to teach me what cricket is and how its rules work

I'd like to learn more about it and see if I could get into it but have no reliable way to see games and no one I know knows the rules.

Test cricket is a slow form of torture by boredom. Block, leave, block, leave, block, block, weakly hit grounder that find its way between the mid-off and mid-wicket, rinse/repeat this process for 8 hours per day over 5 days, and that's Boreblock in a nutshell.

I can stomach T20 once a week. At least there's some action, athleticism, and urgency since you have limited overs to work with. But it's still cricket, and therefore boring at its core.

I don't even watch baseball over here because anything with a bat and ball reminds me of cricket, something I would prefer to avoid. Damn the Poms for indoctrinating us into this "sport."

But eternally grateful to the English for football.

>dominated it
lmao that was promo shit

we occasionally get baseball pitchers come over here and let our cricketers smash them around for media attention, that doesn't mean they'd be any good at baseball

Erm they only have essential info on the screen, the score, the wickets that have fallen, the batsmens' scores and the bowler's stats

That's four numbers, surely even an American can handle that?

*crickets chirping*

>waaa I'm a butt hurt paki
>waaa I want some of that sweet IPL money
>waaa i want their Kashmir
>let me use Indian proxy and confound all of them
>hah! I'm so clever.

t. brainlet

Can someone in a clear and concise way explain the sport to me? Maybe by comparing it to baseball?

>Can someone in a clear and concise way explain the sport to me? Maybe by comparing it to baseball?

Revolves around the same simple concept as baseball: Try to hit the ball where they ain't. And the bowler/defense tries to get the batter to hit the ball where they are (through shifts, exploiting batter tendencies,.etc) and/or "strike the batter out" by hitting the wicket behind him.

Runs are scored by two players running back and forth between two wickets 66 feet apart. But 6 runs can be scored by hitting the ball out of the park. And 4 runs can be scored by hitting a boundary that is positioned a few feet in front of the 6 boundary.

Key differences from baseball. You can play a ball in any direction, "pitchers" (bowlers) are replaced after throwing 6 good balls, you are not required to run when making contact with the ball, double plays, triple plays, sacrifices, tagging runners don't exist in the game. Test cricket, the true form of the game, lasts 4 innings over 5 days/40 hours. The reason it takes so long is because it's very difficult to get a batter out in cricket, since they can sit there and play defensively by blocking the ball from hitting the stumps.

love it
cant get enough
of it

all three of those things are almost always on the screen though

in normal play they literally are the only overlaid objects if you count the batsmen's and bowler's stats as 'score'

FUCKING THIS.

I loved playing but cannot for the life of me watch it for more than 10 minutes.

sounds like your brain just isn't operating at the high level test cricket demands

this

never watched more than 1 minute of cricket.... so idk

>never watched more than 1 minute of cricket.... so idk