How many of you are looking forward to seeing Anakin as a force ghost in Episode VIII?

How many of you are looking forward to seeing Anakin as a force ghost in Episode VIII?

Other urls found in this thread:

stormtrooperlarry.com/2016/05/08/star-wars-episode-8-leak-the-major-characters/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm excited for VIII in general I mean I think it'll be more compelling than VII even though I enjoyed it

Eh

>tfw Anakin force ghost shows up in Ep. VIII
>he's schizo like Gollum/Smeagol in LOTR
>constantly argues with himself/switches between personalities.

A force ghost

there won't be a force ghost because they can't sell that to the chinese.

not looking forward to the disappointment desu
we should see force ghost obi, yoda and annakin or maybe not cos that might get in the way of reys storyline.
remember folk, star wars isnt about luke anymore.

This desu. I don't like to admit it but I'm always hype about anything Star Wars related.

uhhh..didn't we already see him as a ghost at the end of ep V?

I want to see anakin as long as that faggot hayden christian doesn't appear in the movie

WHEN ANAKAN DIE
HE SPLIT IN TWO HALFS
LIGHT AND
DARK

I really can't believe they got Hayden back. Terrible decision.

that's because part of Anakin survived in his lightsaber you fool

he's been sighted on set dude.

Luke and Rey will spend almost the entire movie on that fucking planet
I'm pretty sure he will appaer during the training

Hayden's not even a bad actor George Lucas just can't write a script for shit.

Wouldn't that be interesting?

fuck me sideways man

Source?

Hayden gets way too much shit
That source material was fucking atrocious

Everyone sucked in those prequels, EVERYONE

sheev was great fampai

Only because he was haming it up

Good actors like Jackson and Ewan were fucking shit, everybody was wasted on this movie
Not to mention Liam Neeson
He should have been Windu

that's alright, but his acting in general is atrocious too

i haven't actually seen him in anything other than star wars, but I thought his performance was okay in revenge of the sith.

He deserves a redemption, so yeah, I hope he's in the movie.

The only semi passable performance of his is in that movie with jessica alba, and only because he's in a coma for more than half of it. Man, I think he did a better job in RoTS than in AoTC, but still he's too bad in it

>Anakin shows up, talks to Luke or Kylo
>OT purists get triggered because it's not MUH SEBASTIAN SHAW
>Prequel haters get triggered because MUH SAND
Only 11 more months bois.

that would be cool

>underage prequelbabbies shit their already shit-filled diapers because there aren't enough lightsabers and CGI stormtroopers on-screen
Can't wait

I will LMFAO if they get Jake Fucking Lloyd to be ghost anikin

Interesting, but perhaps it would be better if Vader became a separate Dark Side entity while Anakin is simply Anakin. That way we can have two different characters. That way the redemption of Anakin won't be ruined.

Same. As 'disappointing' as VII was, I still enjoyed it

Hayden is a better actor than fucking Ridley. It looked like she was about to burst out laughing in half her scenes. She only got the role because she could cry on demand.

why is it that ghost Anakin is a young man, while ghost Obi Wan and ghost Yoda are old?

>40 year old OT purist triggered that Episode 8 won't rip off the original trilogy like 7 did

Episode 7 was terrible too tho so eat shit

What if everyone had just decided to ham it up?

Would the prequels be more enjoyable?

What would Anakin even say? Kylo Ren hates Anakin and hates that he turned away from the Dark Side to save everyone

I enjoyed Kylo, I was disappointed with the movie as a whole but his character still has my interest and I want to see what they do with him

It's a weird and interesting concept.

Might be cool if it's actually true.

I mean, Star Wars typically does it tastefully, but that is a good point.

the movie badly needed Phasma to be more proactive and aggressive in beating ass to balance out Kylo being a little bitch

this, please do this

So the idea is that Anakin's ghost inhabits a droid and he "physically" comes back to life?

This movie is fucking PG-13. Controlled by fucking DISNEY.

If you like something in the SW universe, you should be praying to God that they DON'T show it. Because they will anally rape everything you loved about it to boost their toy sales.

They should just keep Vader out of this honestly.

They won't because Disney, but Vader's story is done. Let's see some new shit already.

that makes no sense, they were always the same person

To be fair, Hayden showing up as Anakin's force ghost is kind of a stupid decision. The whole point of ROTJ is that Luke is able to save Anakin from the dark side through his compassion. Young Anakin makes no sense because it destroys the point of that redemption arc.

Vader didn't deserve saving desu

If Hayden wasn't so garbage in the PT I'd be less pissed about him soiling the OT honestly.

I agree.

I hate the prequels, but Hayden was not the problem. He was fine in other movies.

Issue was the shitty writing and Lucas with his horrible direction. Even actors you already knew were good actors looked like shit in the prequels. That's the fault of Lucas.

idk, it worked for sheev's character at least

Chinese version of the original trilogy calls ghosts "ripples / echoes of the force" , and that's enough to avoid censorship.

this got to be the most stupid idea for Star Wars I've read all my life.
HOLY SHIT.
This worse than the original manuscripts Jorge wrote. My God...

But is it stupider than Darth Icky and Darth Insanius?

even worse than the Force Source rumors?

stormtrooperlarry.com/2016/05/08/star-wars-episode-8-leak-the-major-characters/
>Anakin Skywalker: Hayden Christensen was spotted filming a night scene at Pinewood Studios. This is rumored to be the scene where Anakin talks to Luke and Rey.

From May of last year

ugggggggggggggggggggggh
fucking Ma Ray Sue strikes again
if he should appear to anyone it should be to Ren to tell him to stop being such a pussy like he was

I think canonically that's already happened off-screen. Whenever Anakin tries, Kylo shuts his ears and goes LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

Anakin never looked like an elderly Sebastian Shaw in his life, so why would he manifest in that form?

is this a Kelly comic? it looks like a Kelly comic

what?

you haven't heard of the Force Source rumors regarding Episode VIII?

Nice meme, faggot

you mean like that crystal from the Expanded Universe?
Haven't the source of the Force been shown in the last episodes of Clone Wars? Yoda going in that acid trip and shit?

Prepare yourself, user:

When Rey meets with Luke, he will take her to an unimaginably old tree. He will state that this Tree is the Force Source, the source of all of both the Living and Cosmic Forces, and the origin point of all sentient life. He will explain that one day, the Tree birthed two humans: a Sister, and a Brother. The Sister was tasked by the Source with the creation of all subsequent life, and the Brother was made to be her servant. Jealous, the Brother killed his Sister and damaged the Tree before fleeing. The dying Sister's spirit became the Light Side of the Force, and the Brother would become the Dark Side. Both Sister and Brother reincarnate endlessly, fighting for control over the Force and over all life. Rey is the reincarnation of the Sister, and the physical manifestation of the Light Side itself. Snoke is the Dark Side.

it is LITERALLY Legend of Korra

Nah, just some edgy Mando fag on deviant art.

He's Sup Forums incarnate when it comes to star wars.

Isn't this one of the episodes from Clone Wars? Where Anakin's on that planet with a father and his son and daughter?

oohh...I...I need to sit down for a moment.

I think I've had enough of "leaks" and theories for this movie.

they did this with Revan in SWTOR and it fucking sucked

not quite. those guys weren't literal force gods, only beings so powerful in the Force that they retreated to play in their own pocket dimension so that they wouldn't fuck up the actual universe. like the 3 last Chosen Ones before Anakin

>Male=Bad/Cuck
>Female=Good/Master
>All white men in the movies are evil or 70 years old
>All female leads in all movies
>All the anti white shit the director and writers for R1 were saying on social media

Really fires up the ole frontal cortex lobe.

Wait, what! Force Gods?
Oh, I'm so sorry, you still suck at having ideas, but it wasn't the worst.

Remember when the Force was just some magic that could be used for good or evil and just that? Good old days...

i think i'll wait few days before seeing the movie just to read some spoiler on the internet so if that's true by any chance those hacks will not get any money from me

Anakin should have had white robes as a Jedi...

Ah right, still a neat concept though

We know from the Aftermath book that Palpatine was looking for a source of the Dark Side's power. That could be Snoke

re-read that post before sperging out, it's saying the exact opposite of what you think it's saying

it's still pretty bad user.

He was still aging under the armor. That's why he looked like Sebastian Shaw when Luke pulled the helmet off.

the light side doesn't exist. Maz is a fucking servant of the dark side and doesn't know it. a jedi does not obsess with fighting as she and rey does. They are cultists

EVEN REBELS DOSENT DESERVE THIS

Yes, but all burnt up and pale. He never had normal white skin or hair under the armor. Also Sebastian Shaw doesn't have a scar, which Anakin should have.

Why wouldn't he looks normal? He's showing up as a ghost; that, combined with the narrative of him being redeemed doesn't make it weird that he would appear as normal. A normal-looking Anakin at the end of ROTJ was visual shorthand for confirming that Luke redeemed Anakin. He shows up looking happy and healthy because he let the force restore him in spirit, and things like that are common narrative techniques.

He is genuinely horrible in Clones while Ewan keeps it together for the most part

shills pls

I dunno. He's already a force ghost and if handled with care it could be a pretty powerful moment for Luke to address Anakin as if they have a relationship via the Force.

>He's showing up as a ghost; that, combined with the narrative of him being redeemed doesn't make it weird that he would appear as normal.

Not that guy, but the problem I have with it is not just that he looks happy and healthy (which he does in the original RotJ as well), but that he looks 20-30 years younger.

In the original, they show Vader's ghost at the end looking the way he did at the end of his life, except he was happy/healthy. This represents that even as far gone as Vader was, and despite all the wrong he committed, he did ultimately redeem himself.

In the new version, they show Vader's ghost at the end looking the way he did 20+ years earlier in his life, BEFORE he lost his way in the first place. This shows that his redemption requires actually wiping the slate clean. He's not redeemed DESPITE his wrongful actions, he's redeemed because his wrongful actions are being IGNORED. Or it could mean he never needed redeeming in the first place, but that would be beyond silly.

It just doesn't have the same meaning or impact to show young Anakin instead of adult Anakin in that situation.

>Luke and Rey are chatting with ghost Anakin
>Obi Wan shows up
>Rey, did I ever tell you about Anakin? He cut me in half on the Death Star after executing 3 billion of Leia's people. It hurt like a motherfucker. He was a good friend.

Exactly. That's what I was getting at before someone plebed out and complained that Sebastian Shaw looked wrong because he wasn't burned and scarred.

what a qt

He does look normal. He looks like how he looked before he became Vader.
It still fulfills the same narrative goal you present, because he's happy healthy and younger.
It also ties back into the prequels, giving the saga more weight. You get to see our conflicted main character of that trilogy redeemed.

>*teleports behind Obi Wan onto a rock*
>From my point of view I have the high ground now, my old Master!

THAT MARKED THE BEGINING OF AN ERA CALLED THE COLD WAR

>redeemed
>because of saving Luke
does saving Luke bring back all the people he killed, tortured, and enslaved over the 20 years that he was Vader? does it undo the pain he caused?

>*floats above you*
>Ah my young padawan you still have much to learn.

now I really hope that there are bantz between ghost Obi Wan and ghost Anakin in EVIII

I don't know? Way to change the subject. We were talking about the merits of the two ghosts, not Vader's redemption.

>It still fulfills the same narrative goal you present,
No it doesn't. See: The point of the (original) ending of ROTJ was that Vader was redeemed through Luke, and his choice to embrace the light side at the end of his life restored him. Having him come back as Hayden Christensen ruins that idea, and makes it seem like he wasn't actually doing any of that because he was still evil and it was impossible for him to change.