When was the last time music was scary?

When was the last time music was scary?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aHKl41ogfO0
youtube.com/watch?v=dWPXGShOYlA
youtube.com/watch?v=8xLt4odEjo8&t=463s
youtube.com/watch?v=82kkbPDq7MY
youtube.com/watch?v=4CvjdbQ29qU
noisey.vice.com/en_au/article/6eana6/making-music-with-the-screams-of-mental-patients-rape-victims-and-kids
youtube.com/watch?v=DXaI5yZCifI
youtube.com/watch?v=49-2Fp2Du4s
youtube.com/watch?v=m9LpMZuBEMk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Never.

This morning

The Caretaker (An Empty Bliss) genuinely frightens me. It makes me feel like I'm in some kind of in-between world like a really terrifying world of shadow humans or spritits from a 1915 dance hall.

Death Grips was scary around 2011-2012 when they still had a mystique.

>people who try to say that black metal or any aggressive music is "scary"
pisses me off desu
youtube.com/watch?v=aHKl41ogfO0

DG still scares the everloving shit out of me

>sampled smooth jazz played through a filter
>genuinely frightens me

youtube.com/watch?v=dWPXGShOYlA

myspace emo days

>links soundtracks for the blind
of every song swans have done...

you are such a stereotype.

I hope that the next album is either really raw and aggressive like No Love Deep Web or super bizarre, alien, and esoteric like Niggas on the Moon or Government Plates. Jenny Death was just shitty and bland aside from "On GP" and Bottomless Pit was too poppy, had a lot of fun songs but nothing that really stuck with me.

The only music I find even remotely "scary" is Abruptum

>being this much of a hipster faggot
that is easily the "scariest" song by Swans to me. Some stuff on The Seer comes close though. Soundtracks is easily one of their best faggot, my top 3 would be The Seer, Soundtracks, and Filth.

>calling someone a hipster
>has only listened to disc 1 of soundtracks of the blind and maybe two other swans records
>namedrops filth randomly too as one of a top 3
oh just stop now hahaha

Filth is amusical. It's just noise that makes me want to smash things.

And is no where near the best Swans album so stfu

contributing seriously:

the back story of this album is pretty scary, and the sound it captures is haunting. if you turn it up really loud, and really listen carefully, you can almost hear the horror unfolding all around you - like a decent horror film.
youtube.com/watch?v=8xLt4odEjo8&t=463s

also Nahvalr's selftitled release is scary. i'm fairly sure Tim made it with a nod towards Stalaghh in terms of the sound he was trying to achieve on that album.

My brother threw a CD at me while I was driving and I got pretty spooked.

>the back story of this album is pretty scary

elaborate pls, only found a random news article on how their vocalist stabbed his mother 30 times or something.

skip to about 1:30 listen from there...

youtube.com/watch?v=82kkbPDq7MY

Odd Future were legit scary when they first came out

Honestly, you can just ditch Swans' whole discography. Its kind of a downer desu I much prefer music with an actual melody that is uplifting lol

The composed background noise to this: youtube.com/watch?v=4CvjdbQ29qU is pretty scary.

well the album has a number of field records throughout.
the band gathered the field recordings from an abandoned warehouse in the middle of nowhere in the netherlands. they managed to convince a mental hospital (one of the band member's worked at) to release a few patients for the day, and allowed them to run loose in said warehouse.
they recorded the screams and shouts of the people in the warehouse, smashing things, throwing things, etc, not really knowing why they were there.

they literally recorded pure, unfiltered terror, and sampled over fuzzy black metal.

nigga that ain't scary it just sounds like someone has a shitty connection

holy fuck

you didn't listen to the whole thing did you?

oh one of my favourite tracks, but not scary bro.

Black One by Sunn is scarier.

source?
i always thought it was just bunch of guys banging shit in their basement for le epic noise

Agreed

well most of what i know is through talking to people i know in the scene who knew the band. however, their face book page tells a story in itself:

also a few people have written articles about them. this one seems to know a lot about the group:
www.the13thfloor.tv/2016/05/03/can-your-senses-handle-the-terrifying-music-of-stalagghgulaggh/
>One of the members of :STALAGGH:, you see, worked in a mental institution, and had immediate access to the patients that lived therein. Using the excuse that they were engaging the patients in primal scream therapy, :STALAGGH: recorded the actual anguished cries of actual insane people, and layered their screams over a dark, loud, grinding, ERASERHEAD-like mechanical ambient noise. If that sounds horrible and depressing… well, it is.

website wont let me link their facebook page but it is just
fb.com/stalaggh/

how big of a pussy are you that DG seems hard

>Gulaggh don't allow people to take their photo as they want to remain anonymous. In place of a band shot they offered up this drawing that one of their vocalists made in a psychotic state hours before he killed himself.

>The band Gulaggh used to be called Stalaggh, and when they were Stalaggh, they released one EP and four albums of… material. It’s hard to call what they produced music in the traditional sense, it was really beyond most people’s experience of noise. Basically it was the screams of mental patients, rape victims, ex-prostitutes, and little kids with big problems.

>Gulaggh née Stalaggh are only interested in the bleakest peaks of the human experience. In their current incarnation they’re preparing to release the second album in a trilogy they hope will speak definitively on nihilism and misanthropy.

>Not a lot is known about the band, they’re from somewhere in Holland, but they’re not forthcoming as to where exactly. Even the band’s line up is a mystery, there are rumours that they count black metal luminaries among their ranks, but they are unconfirmed. One thing is clear though, they take their anonymity seriously.

noisey.vice.com/en_au/article/6eana6/making-music-with-the-screams-of-mental-patients-rape-victims-and-kids

The only song I got scared by was
youtube.com/watch?v=DXaI5yZCifI
and to be fair I have paranoia and I was 17 so take that information as you wish

THIS TIME:
youtube.com/watch?v=49-2Fp2Du4s

Fucking hell. This looks like a College students project.

>projecting this hard
>y-you must be only pretending to like filth!
Filth is great retard, COP sucks though.
>filth is amusical
>haha I just want BANGERS bro
fuck off you plebs

>black metal
>scary
more like faggy, amirite?

lol. why? because of the model-church? lol

>retard, pleb, projecting, bangers, fuck off, y-you
in one post

and you wonder why people make fun of you all the time.

>thread is asking for scary music
>post a scary song
>get a bunch of hipster fags literally just projecting random baseless nonsense for no reason and jerking each other off
this is why I am actively embarrassed that I like Swans as much as I do, Swans has the most pretentious, obnoxious fanbase in music.

/thread

i was the user making fun of you as well as the same user that posted the stalaggh stuff.

maybe be a little less sensitive princess, and consider maybe your knowledge isn't as wide as you think it is.

>le sample is bad guys
>theory is the only way you guise xDDD
>classical > everything u plens amirite??
fuck off

Is that Insane Clown Posse (pic related)?

Early odd future had a scary vibe

Fuck me your retarded. I was saying that being frightened of waltz music fed through a tape echo makes you a little bitch, not that "sampling is bad", you fucking brainlet.

Honestly, the first time I listened to Rape of the Bastard Nazarene by Akercocke I was a little bit freaked out by it. I thought it was actually evil. The strange vocals and demo-ish quality contributed to this but in any case the band achieved what they set out to do.

>being scared by 15 year old niggers

is this peak soy?

No they weren't, they were interesting/had mystique though

Said they had a scary aesthetic, not that I was scared of them you fucking weasel

>no mention of any power electronic groups
lmao the absolute state of /soy/

>thinking liking power electronics makes you a scary person
welcome to 2018 new friend.
if this were 2007 then you may have had a point.

youtube.com/watch?v=m9LpMZuBEMk

The ONLY metal band that really scares me

>no mention of what he finds scary because he's really afraid of someone calling him out
g-gulp

inb4 your next post mentions projection and no mention of any musical genre or band

rekt