So, what's the deal with this movie? How the fuck did something like this get made?

So, what's the deal with this movie? How the fuck did something like this get made?

I'm not saying it's a bad movie. It's just bizarre and is unlike anything one would expect from a sequel to Bill and Ted.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1cEdqWZi13I
youtube.com/watch?v=N9YpnklYhxY
youtu.be/x01l_jMhjVM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its a masterpiece. Who wouldnt wanna make it?

pure kino

>unlike anything one would expect from a sequel to Bill and Ted

This is why I liked it so much, it wasn't just a repeat of the first one and came out with something new.

duude

Once upon a time original ideas were funded.

S T A T I O N

This and
This

Hollywood is in shambles right now. The potential is so high but no one is willing to take any risks. Horror films are mostly trash but I still like watching them because it's the only genre willing to try some crazy shit

I like the second one a little more than the first one.

fuck this movie is so good. I'm gonna watch tn

What was his name again?

Socrats

the eighties/nineties were confusing times user

It reminded me of the sequel to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: The great glass elevator.

The original is pretty wacky but The Great Glass Elevator goes into space and Vermicious Knids and wtf?

>Hey, people liked Bill and Ted, let's make a sequel

>Well ok... But what should it be about? They've already traveled through famous time periods, we can't just do the same thing again.

>ok so... get this. In the utopian future, there's this guy who hates it all and wants to prevent it from happening. So he sends 2 robot clones of the duo back in time to replace them, prevent them from winning the battle of the bands, and ruin their reputation.

>tthat sounds ok. But it's a bit generic. What else can we do to spice it up? What do Bill and Ted do?

>Ok, I got this. *snoooort* SO ALRIGHT. THE EVIL ROBOTS KILL THEM BY TOSSING THEM OFF A CLIFF. THEY MEET DEATH AND CHALLENGE HIM TO A GAME BUT ESCAPE HIM BY GIVING HIM A FUCKIN' WEDGIE. THEN THEY GO DOWN TO HELL WHERE THEY MEET SATAN WHO TORTURES THEM WITH SURREAL MANIFESTATIONS OF THEIR WORST FEARS, BUT THEY GET DEATH TO MATCH THEM IN A GAME AND PICK MODERN SHIT LIKE TWISTER AND BATTLESHIP BECAUSE DEATH IS LIKE, OLD AND DOESN'T GET MODERN STUFF, THEY WIN AND HE TAKES THEM TO HEAVEN. THEY TAKE HIM WITH THEM AND THEY ACUALLY MEET FUCKIN' GOD HIMSELF AND HE GIVES THEM THESE WEIRD GOBLIN THINGS THAT LOOK RIGHT OUT OF JIM HENSON'S CLOSET THAT CAN FUSE INTO A BIGGER CREATURE AND THEY ONLY SAY THE WORD "STATION" FOR SOME REASON. THEY THEN GO BACK TO EARTH WITH DEATH BUY SHIT AT THE HARDWARE STORE AND THE GOBLINS CREATE 2 GOOD ROBOTS OF BILL AND TED OUT OF GENERIC HARDWARE SHIT AND THEY SAVE BATTLE OF THE BANDS FROM THEIR EVIL ROBOTS AND FROM THE EVIL BALD GUY, AND IT TURNS OUT THE WOMAN WHO WAS HOSTING BATTLE OF THE BANDS WAS ACTUALLY RUFUS IN DISGUISE.

>wow that's really out the-

>HOLD ON THERE'S MORE. THEY DIDN'T PRACTICE CUZ THEY WERE DEAD N' SHIT, SO THEY USE THE TIME MACHINE TO HAVE UNLIMITED TIME TO PRACTICE AND THEY COME BACK WITH BEARDS AND EVEN BABIES AND WIN. AND THE CREDITS IS ALL FUNNY MAGAZINE COVERS SHOWING THEIR LIVES LATER, INCLUDING DEATH WHO'S STILL A BAND MEMBER

Sow Crates

user the original Bill and Ted was one of the most bat shit insane premises ever. Some SoCal metal head losers get a time machine... How do you top that? I guess they take an existential journey through heaven and hell.

I really appreciate a movie with a completely bonkers premise played completely straight.

My all time favorite movie. Excellent demonstration of a bootstrap paradox and/or temporal causality loop at the end. Still holding out hope for B&T3

dust wind dude

In some podcast with Weird Al Yankovic, Seth Rogen and some guys they discuss how every comedy sequel is just callbacks to the first one and basically the same jokes. They missed this movie as an example of sequels who didn't do that.

can you imagine all the dank memes we would have had if Sup Forums was around back then?

station

Both Bill & Ted's movies were great

>dank memes
re hiddit

bill & ted 3 WHEN

I love these movies so much. They don't get bogged down with existential conundrums or temporal paradoxes, they just play about with their subject with the understanding that everything will sort itself out in the end.
The recent comics are just as silly, with them teaming up with future DeNomolous to stop his younger self from becoming evil and Napoleon taking over Hell. The whole franchise is just insane but brilliant.

This is unironically a masterpeice
>that scene where Bill and Ted use time travel logic to beat denomolos at the battle of the bands

>tfw i got this movie on dvd from pizza hut because they had like four movies they were giving out with specials for some reason

God, I fucking love this movie

They were better than what we have now.

>snort
Make this a meme, i laughed heartily

>mfw the comic worked literally all of this in AND added new shit that was amazing

retarded or not, it sometimes works

I watched the ending so many times as a kid. So great.
youtube.com/watch?v=1cEdqWZi13I

lol same here, and it ended up becoming my most-watched film ever. still revisit it every so often.

genuinely one of my favorite film endings ever

>meme
you don't have to meme reality. cocaine gave us some of the best 80's/early 90's shit

Are Bill and Ted the strongest characters in fiction? If ever faced with an obstacle, they can just use the time travel logic to beat it or leave things to help them

>Bill, Godzilla's gonna kill us most heinously
>Don't worry Ted, after we escape, we can go back and put a giant hole under him!
>*giant hole papers below godzilla bs sends him to china
>most outstanding! *air guitar riff

>this was the villain in Die Hard 2
How can other 90's actors even compete?

Based Keanu on bill and ted 3, from june.
etonline com/movies/191267_keanu_reeves_dishes_on_bill_ted_3_says_it_going_to_be_bodacious_and_excellent/

kill yourself faggot

>you don't have to meme reality

used to watch this so much when i was young, just always accepted the premise and fucked every second of it.

watching this now is insane

always loved death as the bass player

>using godzilla as an example
they saved gods life in the comic

A shame his solo career failed.
youtube.com/watch?v=N9YpnklYhxY

Bill and Ted 2 and Gremlins. 2 are probably the best sequels because they really did their own things.

>went into Bogus Journey expecting Excellent Adventure 2.0
>mfw I dude weed lmao'd right before

Gemlins is objectively the better of the two because it has a trap gremlin raping holodoc.

Otherwise I agree to your point.

This is the traditional pattern of movies.

Bill and Ted's excellent adventure was a huge success.
>Hey let's make a sequel. Big money
And the sequel just wasn't as good.
I did like them ripping off the seventh seal though.

Loading Charlies bedridden grandparents onto an elevator for a space adventure seemed perverse to me even as a small child.

>>ok so... get this. In the utopian future, there's this guy who hates it all and wants to prevent it from happening. So he sends 2 robot clones of the duo back in time to replace them, prevent them from winning the battle of the bands, and ruin their reputation.

So basically it's Terminator set in San Dimas High School

Except Bogus Journey is better than Excellent Adventure

>parody is ripping off

homage even

i love the totally bodacious and most excellent adventures of ted theodore logan and bill s. preston esq.

the princesses were total babes from merry old england times.

Horror is the most derivative genre right now. Even movies that come up with "original" ideas are derivative, like It Follows. There is a good horror movie like every five years.

Horror by it's nature is derivative.

>Hey Ted, you wanna play 20 questions?
>Okay! I got one!
>Are you a mineral?
>Yeah!
>Are you a tank?
>Whoa! Yeah!

this and gremlins 2 are objectively the best 90's sequels

youtu.be/x01l_jMhjVM

>I like the second one a little more than the first one.

Same. I think it's mostly because of Death. He's a good foil to the main duo.

ctrl + f "Ha, Fags!"

0 Results

Ha, Fags!

Socrates Johnson

>"they're from medieval england... Iowa"

just that line puts it above the first movie