Does X-files get better after S1? So far the only episodes I've liked were the first two, beyond the sea...

Does X-files get better after S1? So far the only episodes I've liked were the first two, beyond the sea, and the finale Erlenmeyer flask. But the MOTW episodes were really weak

bump

It gets better until it gets worse.

When does it get worse

Dude. just don't watch it. Although it is a great show.

i prefer the comedy episodes anyway, and there aren't that many, but s2 and s3 are very good

6 or 7 i think

you'll notice.

mostly pretty great until s5 when they start trying to inject comedy into it. its certainly worse when mulder leaves at the end of s7.

i think s1-s3 is the best.

I liked Doggett but hated everything else in season 8.

do you not like the comedy episodes? i thought everyone liked those.

How dare people have differing opinions

Season 6 was when they started filming in L.A. right? That was when it started going downhill.

But yeah, as someone who never really cared for weekly procedurals the monster of the week episodes aren't my thing and some can kind of suck. But the great Mulder and Scully chemistry should keep you watching.

nah, i hate those ones.
personally, i like the really dry episodes not the lequirky xd bullshit. i think the subject matter, being fiction, is better played that way.
i think the x-files has something for everybody, tho.

hey mr morley i genuinely never heard anyone hate on those on Sup Forums
i like them because i think their chemistry really shines in them and i think the characters really fit in those episodes, but i see your point.

>i genuinely never heard anyone hate on those on Sup Forums
Probably because you're some kid.

no, but probably because i don't browse too often

x files is the most hit or miss television show in history, what you're experiencing is about right

Did you watch it when it first aired?

technically yes, in my country.

I think it hits it peak around season 3.
Season 1 is kind of weak, but the rest through season 5 are pretty great except the mythos archs.

yeah, you're some kid

It's a meme. It was always just a meme. I won't say it was totally shit but the show generally for normies.

It couldn't hold a candle to the good sci-fi shows of the time, especially the mid-era Star Treks.

i'm 30

>mfw Skinner threw punches at Black Deepthroat to find where Mulder was

that was cool. now, why the fuck does csm still have the power to sit in his office? and why does Black Deepthroat fuck up the shadow guy? i severely dislike him. about done with season 2.

personally, i stopped watching TNG to watch X-files. TNG is fucking boring 75% of the time.

season 3 the show peaks, season 5 is still good and end of season 7 should've been the end

am i the only one who liked the Robert Patrick seasons just because it was terminator and he was hardly in anything at all after T2 and because he played a different side of Mulder by not really beliving in stuff, felt like it was a good blend

why does mulder leave in season 7? is it just part of the story or did David realize it turned to shit?

>why the fuck does csm still have the power to sit in his office?
He can do pretty much anything he wants. He's above any military or elected official. Deep throat was a mentor to Mr X that's why he started helping Mulder.

didn't he shoot that sci-fi movie, evolution, at that point? probably why.

I liked the character but the bullshit backstory with his son was totally unnecessary

I think that's mostly how everyone feels.

Shame they're never bringing him back.

He'd had enough and wanted to get back in to movies.

>focusing on another posters age
>not letting it go
>feeling superior for implying you're older

Usually it's people under 20 who do this

i think he might be roleplaying as cancer man though

> unironically believing Sup Forums isn't mostly 47 year old manchildren

>roleplaying

yeah he's definitely underage