If destruction be our lot, we ourselves must be its author and finisher. As a nation of free men, we will live forever...

If destruction be our lot, we ourselves must be its author and finisher. As a nation of free men, we will live forever, or die by suicide.

YOU WILL ALWAYS BE A LOSER

THERE'LL BE NO MORE COUNTING THE CARS ON THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY

>pulls out bagpipe and does a jam session

GIMMIE A GUINESS
GIMMIE A KEYSTONE LIGHT
GIMMIE A KEGGER ON A FRIDAY NIGHT
GIMMIE ANYTHING BUT ANOTHER YEAR IN EXIIIIIIIIIILE

You aint never been no virgin kid you were fucked from the start

>Orgcore

whatcore? What the fuck how can anyone be this obsessed over dumb internet bullshit, I can't keep up with these retarded terms anymore.

Haven't listened to this masterpiece in ages

>Orgcore
What the fuck is an org? Another buzzword to replace the thousands we have for nu-male?

TRAMPS LIKE US BABY WE WERE BORN TO DIIIIIEEEEEEEE

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD I PAY T-MOBILE
WHEN EVERY DAY’S THE SAME FEELING ANTI-SOCIAL

1. A vapid lyric is a vapid lyric, no matter how raggedy your voice is or how loud you can yell it. Luckily, good singing (or delivery) can at least redeem a bad lyric. There isn't any of that on The Monitor, of course, but it's a comforting thing to note all the same.

2. Just because you use eclectic instruments isn't really enough - it can help out the good ol' creative spirit if you actually do something interesting with them every once in a while.

3. 'To shiver and shake and make shit in your shorts' is easily the worst thing that has come out of my headphones in weeks. And only partly because of the lyric.

4. Let's all pause for a moment and reflect on the fact that Minor Threat's discography and first demo tape combined run at least ten minutes under the length of this entire album. And yes, I made it all the way through even the 14-minute track - an ordeal that deserves a Purple Heart at the very least, and certainly some sort of pension plan for your innate sense of self-control.

5. I'm trying to think of something significantly positive to say about this horribly-sung, standardly-played, shitty-sounding thud of a record, and the most noteworthy thing I can come up with is that the lead guitar a little after the four minute mark in "The Battle of Hampton Roads" reminded me of the one in "Cause = Time". Which was a nice song to revisit.

One of his best reviews.

6. I try not to put too much thought into how much new artists sound like whatever or whoever they're likened with...but seriously, what is going on with the comparisons these guys are casually receiving? As far as The Hold Steady are concerned, the most similarity I can see is that both bands use triumphant chord progressions and reference history (Craig Finn, sounding like he was recorded over a phone line, reads Walt Whitman's "Vigil Strange I Kept on the Field One Night" at the end of "A Pot in Which to Piss"; I could cite Whitman lines that describe this album better than I have, but his memory has already been sullied enough by these guys). As for Springsteen and Neutral Milk Hotel...uh, I guess Titus Andronicus seem to know what a saxophone is, and what bagpipes are supposed to sound like, and they talk about big concepts like an 'everyman' - but those are desperate parallels indeed. Oh, and The Replacements? Don't you fucking dare. Seriously, don't even try it.

>SOON YOU'LL BE BURNING ORPHANGES DOWN
does that song sound like jesse yelling at walt to anyone else?

t. orgs

t. low iodine flyover brainlet

>tfw you'll never drunkenly scream Theme From Cheers with a bunch of buddies

>singing this late one friday night in my dorm
>drunk as fuck
>knock on door
>its one of the lads on my hall
>"hey you might need this"
>hands me keystone light

thanks i hadn't heard this in a minute