youtube.com/watch?v=0CVqlEwHJrk

Carpenter Brut has the best videos.

who here seeing them live?
I can't fucking wait for April.

Who the fuck mixed those drums

it says right there in the credits you fucking nigger

Gesaffelstein>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Crapenterbrut
youtube.com/watch?v=2_NgkfRmUPk

I did NOT expect this album to be as instrumentally layered or melodic as it is.

... I like it. Brut could've just gone on rehashing Roller Mobster all the livelong day but it's kinda bold of him to do something like this instead. Almost sounds like an 80s metal record at times and I even got some Mitch Murder(?!) vibes on a few of the tracks. With both Brut and Perturbator trying to go beyond just "let's do heavy and evil sounding synthwave" I'm feeling a little more excited about the genre.

It's fucking dope. There is not a single good track in this, they're all fucking killer.

I just hate that cliche 80s aesthetic that online nerds fall for. France has tons of electro artists without the stupid 80s nostalgia aesthetic.
youtube.com/watch?v=Hghc6OS8Eb0

>Beware the beast

I don't like it either, but there are a couple bands I think do it really well. Carpenter Brut being one. I also like Dance with the Dead.

Not as good as Division Ruine imo. Still some solid tracks. Cheerleader Effect is the stand out to me.

Both Perturbator and Brut were overtly inspired by 80s grindhouse movies in general for their music so the fact that they incorporated them in their visuals shouldn't be so surprising, especially since they're kinda the trailblazers back when it was more of a niche. Perturbator is kinda moving away from it now admittedly (he was just as much of an industrial/black metal fan and he's starting to incorporate those influences a lot more now), but I get the feeling that Brut is sort of going into the opposite direction. Musically and visually it isn't just distorted electronics anymore, he's taking the kitchen sink of this old school aesthetic / metal bangers / actual hardware and instrumentation to evolve his sound, and that kind of makes his brand of work feel a little more unique now that a bunch of newcomers are picking up a DAW to make the next Le Perv or Future Club.

I guess there's also the fact that Brut always leaned more towards the "uglier" aesthetic of 80s nostalgia which isn't as played out. Shit like garish props, novelty accessories and old/busted designs, while most people going for 80s nostalgia go for the Perturbator or Mitch Murder model of sleek cyberpunk, future sci-fi and neon lights. There's a reason Brut comparatively describes himself as "uncool electro".

One negative aspect of the album, to me, is that some songs end rather abruptly, most notably Sunday Lunch and Monday Hunt. Other than that, no complaints from me.
Inferno Galore absolutely slays.

When is Turbo Killer Pt2 coming out? You know the Kikestarter movie?

Holy fucking shit, this is fucking great. I saw them live last year, and it was such a fun gig. I have a feeling these new tracks are going to be killer live. And a fucking ulver+carpenter brut collaboration, who would have ever imagined that.

They posted an earlier this month about a four-page feature they had in a French magazine so it's still being worked on. The Kickstarter had the estimated delivery of December 2017 but those are almost never met so I'm guessing we'll hear more or get some news about it this year.

>Mixing and vocal so nostalgic you can barely even make out the lyrics

Why do people do this.

Beware the Beast is still top notch though.

RIGHT HERE.
IN THE TUNDRA OF MN.

I like it, I can already imagine a bunch of people being disappointed by it though.

The cheesy 80's tracks are fine, and the regular heavy synth shit is still top notch.

Can't wait for the the live show in like 3 weeks, saw his last set at three different places and each time it was a blast.

That's been something that happens in all of his songs though.

anyone got a mega link?

>carpenterbrut.bandcamp.com/album/leather-teeth

OOOOHHHH FUCK

I had no idea this was coming out, what a pleasant surprise.
Monday Hunt is fucking great.

this

This is a synthwave thread now.

zetamusicuk.bandcamp.com/album/zeta

same, bruh

c u @

is there anywhere else besides bandcamp i can listen senpai

carpenterbrutuk.lnk.to/LT
some of them weren't working earlier, not sure if they are now

IS GOOD

Saw Carpenter Brut, Dance with the Dead and Perturbator last year.

Carpenter Brut was by far my live. Cool group, lots of energy.

This is quality shit entering my ears rn

>leather teeth

Seeing him in Boston for the second time! He absolutely killed it last year, really excited to see him again

>got to see Perturbator open for John Carpenter last year in Vegas

I can die happy.

I'm not all the way through Leather Teeth yet but so far it bangs.

Beware the Beast best track.

new FOOT album, what are YOU waiting for?

youtu.be/4zqTFjEOkEQ

Wrong thread or shitpost?