What do you think of Chris Pine as Kirk?

What do you think of Chris Pine as Kirk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X6fMuUraWtc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Better than Shatner. Some of the others are comparable or worse than originals, but I definitely like him more than Shatner.

I think they finally wrote him right in Beyond. In comparison, he's pretty good.

love him. hope he keeps captaining until he's a fat old man

How does one go from this...

to this?

I think Chekhov has a better future ahead of him

Fine.

I like him playing Kirk. Hard to argue with the choices for the main cast in the franchise. I thought he was good in Beyond, but the scripts for the other two misrepresented who the character was.

>hitting yourself with your own car
>any year

Not great in the first two but significantly better in Beyond.

I want Pine to fuck my boipussy

I think he makes Kirk slightly likeable - ego with a wink, whereas Shatner is too Galaxy Quest.

same desu

It also helped that he grew older.

Hemsworth made a better Kirk than Pine. Pine's Kirk doesn't bring any gravitas or importance to his role as Captain. He's just everybody's friend.

Shit like every single other thing in reboot.

my opinions on the small details of nu-trek are irrelevant because the films themselves are borderline unwatchable

glib facsimile

Who would you cast in a new trek reboot of TNG?

another starshit thread
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

at least it isn't star fucking wars. Seriously every nig wars movie ruins the board for months

>implying fans of ST are better than fans of SW

But they're both manchildren human trash

I want to grab a handful

Bruce campbell

He's my husbando. Want to grab his nips

The Kobayashi Maru scene in ST09 completely sold me.

youtube.com/watch?v=X6fMuUraWtc

As a performance, I think he did alright. He had a thankless task: Playing Jim Kirk without playing Bill Shatner. That being said, for two of the three movies, I think he read more like a caricature of Kirk created by people who were only familiar with him by reputation. That isn't Pine's fault - that's JJ Abrams and his writers. In Star Trek Beyond, he was finally recognizable as Kirk himself and not a riff on him.

Why am I supposed to be impressed by this?

Because it brings to life, in an entirely plausible and very entertaining manner, a part of Kirk's canonical history that had never been depicted before, outside of EU novels.

By aging 50 years.

Ben Foster as Picard
Bradley Cooper as Riker
Dewayne Johnson as Worf
Hugo Weaving as Data
Cuba Gooding Jr. as LaForge

Troi & Crusher can be which ever hollywood whores the jews are currently pushing because that's what's going to happen anyway

Also John C Reilly as O'Brien

can someone post the pics of the autistic olivia munn giving him explicit directions...

I'd like to see this too.

To this?

Agreed, I couldn't tell before Beyond if he was part of the reason why I thought Kirk was so off in JJTrek, but after seeing Beyond, it appears the writers and JJ were responsible for the awfully annoying caricature version represented in those first two films.

In Beyond they wrote him like an actual intelligent Starship captain, someone who was a confident leader and cared about the people under his command and about Starfleet, the Federation, and the Enterprise. Basically just like how Shatner was written.

In the other two he was some generic action hero who existed purely to take place in "exciting" CGI battles, while being the meme version of the original Kirk, the sort of character that people who have never watched Trek think that he is.

>not having Worf be Idris Elba

wouldwatch/10

Replace Rock with Batista tho

Idris Elba is a forced meme, fuck that shit

Picard - Ralph Fiennes
Riker - Joe Manganiello
Worf - Idris Elba
Data - Scott Aukerman
Geordi - Donald Glover
O'Brien - Chris O'Dowd
Crusher - Bryce Dallas Howard
Troi - Oliva Wilde

>I think he read more like a caricature of Kirk created by people who were only familiar with him by reputation.
I've been saying this since 2009
Most of the main characters in the JewJew movies have been written as their meme caricatures, rather than the way they really acted in TOS

So how do you senpaitachi stack up?
imo:

Beyond => 2009 > Into Darkness

Carrie Fisher choking Shatner. I love it. :^)

those anons are getting it

Beyond showed us all those actors are just fine if at least some effort is taken to write them properly

Urban always nailed it as Bones though

Why?