>you now remember that period where incubus were the biggest band on the planet

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XvSUaCly0VQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BKz2U4fvA4U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SO PARDON ME WHILE I BURST INTO THE FLAMES
I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS WORLD AND IT'S PEOPLE'S MINDLESS GAMES
SO PARDON ME

remember when My Chemical Romance were the biggest band on the planet?
there hasn't been a rock band anywhere near that level of fame since

Umm... Pretty sure that never happened.

Incubus, Sublime, and 311 are pretty much the top 3 worst rock bands of all time.

>what is Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Foo Fighters and Papa Roach

Not even close.

No... there are tons of Glam Metal, Grindcore and Shoegaze bands much worse.

RHCP is the 3rd most overrated rock band of all time behind the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin.

>biggest

they were like one-hit wonders during the golden age of nu-metal around the turn of the century, not that big

That's four bands, not three, and Foo Fighters are good.

You fucking niggers can't be more wrong

Wasn't it finger eleven. This was a bad time. Danko Jones, queens of the stone age, Jimmy eat world, hoobastank lmao I wanted to kill myself

I think of RHCP and Green Day as being the last really big rock bands.

Queens of the Stone age are easily in the top 10 popular rock bands of the 21st century so far.

>QOTSA
>bad
why are plebs allowed here?

>Glam Metal, Grindcore and Shoegaze

Yeah and those aren't Rock bands. There's thousands of shitty grindcore bands who think that they're only being shit ironically.

wew lads

>Foo Fighters
>good

OH NONONONONONONO

Jimmy Eat Worlds first few albums are brilliant before they sold out to generic rock. Clarity is one of the best records of all time

They are fucking shit DUDE. I hated being in university during that time. The music was so bad at bars holy shit.

>I HATE FUN

Well if you want to stretch the definition of "rock" to pop-rock then there are loads of bands that came after them that were arguably bigger like Coldplay and Linkin park and whatever else

>judging a band on what's played in bars
so you've only heard like what? 5 of their songs at most? Even so, gain some taste pleb

>le soyboy meme

why not make up your own mind, you fucking retarded faggot cuck nigger cunt? you fucking follower. that is all you are, a fucking pathetic follower cunt. use your own brain for once you puppet cunt. fucking stupid faggot retard.

Alright enjoy your pop buttrock.

>implying this is buttrock
youtube.com/watch?v=XvSUaCly0VQ

You now remember Nickleback clones Theory of a Deadman

Nirvana is much more overrated than RHCP. 30 million copies, anyone?

I'm talking about Rock as a whole, including all sub-genres. In that regard, there are much worse bands.

Linkin Park isn't Pop Rock, though. They were a Nu Metal band that became more Electronic/Alternative Rock/Art Rock in their later works. One More Light is the only one I would consider Pop Rock.

This. How this band, and the Strokes, managed to be the most critically acclaimed out of all butt rock bands of the 2000s will forever elude me.

>Yiu now remember The Killer's Mr.Brightside is still on the UK top charts.

queens is GOAT hard rock motherfucker

I'd say MCR were pretty big
Welcome to the Black Parade was a top 10 hit

They're as good as a 90s rock band can be

The Vines

Lmao thats some seriously reddit fucking shit right there.

Yeah, but that was literally their only hit song that anyone outside of the Tumblr/MySpace/Fake Emo scene remembers.

>I'm talking about Rock as a whole, including all sub-genres.

Yeah but when other people talk about Rock, they just talk about Rock. They don't jump on Rock's retarded cousin Metal and then end up a few generations of inbreeding down the family tree with Grindcore.

Excrementory Grindfuckers are not the same genre as Aerosmith or Puddle of Mudd or whatever.

>he knows what Reddit shit is
you have to go back

Anyone up slithering to Velvet Revolver?

Holy shit Scott Weiland.

youtube.com/watch?v=BKz2U4fvA4U

System of a Down were really big, considering that they were a metal band and not pop-punk or buttrock which were big by default. Even by nu-metal standards they were one of the heaviest bands around, and they were still popular after the whole nu-metal fas had die off. They reached #1 on the billboard 200, won a grammy, had multi-platinum records, etc.

Too bad that the band members are a bunch of chucklefucks and haven't made any new music in about 15 fucking years.

Also, Rammstein. They might not have any Grammys (or maybe they do I don't know) or have sold as many albums (or maybe they did) but their shows are bigger than any other band out there in terms of production value.

Touche.

>sublime
>worst
t. soyboy

actually everyone I ever knew who listened to that band were the biggest soybeans around. They wanted to listen to DUDE WEED LMAO music but shit like Kottonmouth Kings was too hardcore for them, and Bob Marley was too black.

Went to their concert last year.
It was pretty great, I drank to much and don't remember it clearly though. Hate it when I do that at concerts.

>311
>worst

hmmm... might want to re-think that one, Einstein. You ever listened to Grassroots or Transistor? great albums

Damn Canada had a real buttrock phase.

Was jammin em the other day, just put on some random tube list and let it go in the background and man some of it is really emotionally driven stuff that I never picked up before.

Bumping the thread, good discussion.

Slither was the last great rock single. Everything since has paled in comparison.

>make your money off nu-metal
>proceed to bitch about it for being too "misogynistic"
Incubus a shit. They had like two good songs at best.

Wrong.
>Take Me To Your Leader
>A Certain Shade of Green
>Pardon Me
>Stellar
>Wish You Were Here
>Warning
>Megalomaniac
>Are You In?
>Anna Molly
>Dig
>Absolution Calling
All of these songs are good+.

I bought Make Yourself on CD on a class trip to Toronto

Relistened to their new album and it finally grew on me, but I have never EVER heard a bad incubus album

I've never listened to Incubus, so I've never heard a bad album by them either.

RHCP is alternative rock

what s in the boooox