Doom Metal

I want more Doom Metal like Type O Negative - World Coming Down and Celtic Frost - Monotheist.

I have already heard A Pale Horse Named Death and Triptykon.

I don’t enjoy Traditional Doom Metal that sounds only like Black Sabbath.

I don’t enjoy Epic Doom Metal like Candlemass or Doom mixed with Symphonic Metal like some Gothic Metal bands.

The only Gothic Metal I ever enjoyed was Type O Negative, Paradise Lost, and My Dying Bride.

If you have more Gothic Metal which sounds like them and less like older The Gathering and older Anathema, by all means.

I enjoy Funeral Doom Metal, Drone Metal, and Sludge Metal, but I don’t enjoy Stoner Metal or any band into Psych styles.

Death Doom Metal is great but easy to find specifically through RYM like Funeral, Drone, and Sludge. I heard most of the highly rated ones.

One of my favorite Doom influenced records is Alice in Chains self titled. If you got stuff like that, I will be more than happy. Thanks, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v1XmmU_s0f4
youtube.com/watch?v=pHeVA7Z372A
youtube.com/watch?v=iiPYaogxhJY
youtu.be/EZkufellkew
youtube.com/watch?v=zEYISRluMdM
youtube.com/watch?v=lZBI9NqdCfE
youtube.com/watch?v=7yguSkVd2rk
youtube.com/watch?v=TxrIkW4J4EI
youtube.com/watch?v=oSmbKoXVvHI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

try these, same band, but different beasts:

youtube.com/watch?v=v1XmmU_s0f4
youtube.com/watch?v=pHeVA7Z372A

as far as finding anything in the same vein as Monotheist and Type O you are shit out of luck. Dead Again is there best imo, and just Triptykon sucks ass, Eric Martin Ain probably had a lot to do with what made CF so good

their***

>this spacing

Type O has like 10 cds

Cold is kinda doomy, but its doom nu metal. There should be plenty.

Iced Earth is pretty nice

You should listen to my dying bride

have you tried the last Desolate Shrine?

Too much Death, not enough Doom.

grab a bucket of cocaine and listen to ALTAR

youtube.com/watch?v=iiPYaogxhJY

Too much Sludge, not enough Doom.

OP said that he likes My Dying Bride.

Forest of Equilibrium
Khanate

Does the first one even exist? There are no matches in RYM.

youtu.be/EZkufellkew

Thank you. I thought it was a band for some reason.

Castle, OP. You must check out Castle.

I cannot praise Castle enough. Their blend of Vitus riffing, Type O Negative structures and melodies, and Autopsy/Disembowelment vocals just craft some of the finest death/doom (I used those examples just to give you an idea of what they sound like, it's unlikely that they actually were influenced by some of those bands). That fucking piano melody in "The 7th Empire" combined with the riffs and vocals it is on top of is perfection. Oh and that cover art!

youtube.com/watch?v=zEYISRluMdM

Too Death, not enough Doom.

>Khanate

Too Drone, not enough Doom.

Too much Power Metal, not enough Doom.

Only 7 studio albums.

>Cold

Too much Alternative, not enough Doom.

Does Henry Rollins like any Doom?

>Dream Death

Too much Thrash, not enough Doom.

Uhh, Aegis, Tiamat and Moonspell? If you don't know them already.

Maybe pic related also (Cemetary - Godless Beauty)

Aegis as in Theatre of Tragedy? Not a fan of that kind of Gothic Metal, but I do like Moonspell and Tiamat.

>Cemetery

Too much Death, not enough Doom.

Lacuna Coil's Comalies is a bit Draconian Times-esque but I'm hard pressed to recommend much else from them as that one's a bit one of a kind in their discography. Could also be my personal bias for them but you might find some of Katatonia's early stuff worthwhile, bit of a long shot but I'd check out their first 4 or so albums and see if anything strikes your fancy there. I'd be pretty bummed out to hear someone say to me that Brave Murder Day was shit but again, I'm biased.

I can’t stand most female voiced Gothic Metal. A lot of them sound the same and the ones like Lacuna Coil with both male and female are too derivative. I do enjoy Katatonia, both their early Death Doom stuff and their latter Alternative stuff.

maybe considering b side of my war is just sludge

for u

SCUMMMMMM GANGGGGGGGGGGGG

KYPCK finnish doom metal sung in russian more on melancholic and depressive side
youtube.com/watch?v=lZBI9NqdCfE

Mgła it may be concidered as black metal but I find it doomish
youtube.com/watch?v=7yguSkVd2rk
From one of the best album from them

Harakiri for the sky, more on the melo death side
youtube.com/watch?v=TxrIkW4J4EI

Urfaust, black doom
youtube.com/watch?v=oSmbKoXVvHI

Wait what?
Is a pale horse name death doom metal?