UNIVERSAL MONSTERS CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

Is this going to work?

>THE MUMMY, with Tom Cruise and Sofia Boutella.

>DR. JEKYLL & MR. HYDE, with Russell Crowe.

>THE INVISIBLE MAN, with Johnny Depp.

>THE WOLFMAN, trying to get Dwayne Johnson as the Wolfman.

>FRANKENSTEIN, trying to get Javier Bardem for Frankenstein (both the creature and the creator, apparently)

>BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN, trying to get Angelina Jolie for the Bride.

>CREATURE OF THE BLACK LAGOON, trying to get Scarlett Johansson for the qt that the Creature wants to fuck.

>A new VAN HELSING that will apparently introduce a new Dracula.

>Jekyll is working for a big bad organization called "The Emporium" in THE MUMMY, which apparently captures monsters to exploit their supernatural abilities.

>Tom Cruise gets Mummy powers in the movie so he's technically a monster and might come back for the sequels.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GGwFWpY8OII
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it will fail because no brendan fraser

I thought that Tom Cruise was going to turn out to be the Wolf Man?

Just get Hugh Jackman back as Van Helsing please

I had a feeling he would become Van Helsing considering he originally was intended to play him.

He does become immortal in The Mummy so

Cinematic Universes are a cancerous trend of modern cinema - another cynical trick to squeeze a few more dollars out of audiences.

Is the studio really so desperate and stupid that they think people actually want to see any of this?

They'll draw in a few fans of the star actors at first. Then, when people start to realize how terrible they are, they'll stop going. The movies will never make enough to fund the star's massive paychecks.

The only question is, how long will it last? On what movie do you think they'll call it quits, anons?

Yeah, it's called Penny Dreadful

you lost me at Johnny depp

Its destined to fail, maybe the Mummy is going to be ok moneywise but Jekyll and Hyde is going to simply don't attract any audience and the thing is going to die with: THE INVISIBLE MAN, with Johnny Depp

>Tom Cruise gets Mummy powers in the movie
That's dumb as hell

>BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN
>Angelina Jolie for the Bride.
Wow. Well at this rate they won't even need to put makeup on her.

>cancelled
Still mad.

>Is this going to work?
no

A Jekyll & Hyde movie actually isn't confirmed. Seems like he'll be this universe's Nick Fury analogue, popping up in every movie to catch more monsters for the Emporium.

And he's a monster himself, he goes toe to toe with Mummy-enhanced Cruise in a slugfest and he wears a black leather glove in only one of his hands, which is always an omen for something sinister in movies.

JUST

Is Jolie the female Bale?

This desu, or to put it another way the mummy looks like bland shit with no personality.
Fraser's mummy is rip roaring adventure that actually feel like a movie. This one looks like every other super hero movie.

I guess dracula untold isnt part of this and the cliffhanger was for nothing?

I was working on a novel '''''''''inspired''''''' on these kinds of monsters but i dropped sometime ago...that said i really don't think this Cinematic Universe could work this way, maybe something like a revival of the Hammerverse with that type of more sedated and gothic horror vibe, this seems like Brendan Fraser's Mummy mixed with any movie with Tom Cruise.

Yep, Untold got the Agents of Shield treatment.

well at least it's not capeshit

I'll wait til James Cameron figures out how to map out his Avatar Cinematic Universe. Judging by his interest. A prequel might come first before the next sequel. There might even be a musical out of nowhere.

this

it was dead the moment the askewniverse was a thing

The shitty thing about this is they genuinely lack a stock cast that will go tooth and nail for the roles. Cinematic Universe don't work if you don't have a stock cast polishing all the details.

>Angelina Jolie as the bride

Rofl. Jesus christ that's brutal

>I was working on a novel '''''''''inspired''''''' on

sick blog faggot glad you dropped it

Agents of shield treatment? Isn't that still airing?

This would actually be good. VN helsing takes on these beasts.

del taco will never make a bloodborne movie

>>CREATURE OF THE BLACK LAGOON, trying to get Scarlett Johansson for the qt that the Creature wants to fuck.

Jesus no. Give that jewess the ax already...

Thanks, brosep if i ever retake the project i'm going to keep you up to date.
Uncanon like AoS.

I am massive Universal Monster autist and this shit sounds like my worst nightmare. They're remaking the most iconic horror films in history and THEY'RE NOT EVEN FUCKING HORROR FILMS.

I tolerate capeshit but this time it's personal.

It's never been explicitly stated it's not canon.
>I took the bait

/thread. I hope it works.

They'll make it capeshit with a different coat of paint.

Nah, everyone knows and they accepted it.

Its literally a Whedon/Perlmutter containment show.

this shit is going to crash and fucking burn. it's baffling that Universal still doesn't realize that remaking 1940s monster movies is a terrible fucking idea

It basically reads like capeshit, Tom is literally Wolverine with mummy vision in this.
Jeckyl is Nick Fury and the girl is the usual worthless female character capemovies include as a no-homo item.

Well this is going to fucking suck

I like the new Van hellsing, Frankenstein sounds nice and Wolfman can be good so long as they give the rock some good writing material.

who will Sam Jackson play?

>(both the creature and the creator, apparently)

What the fuck.

>CREATURE OF THE BLACK LAGOON, trying to get Scarlett Johansson for the qt that the Creature wants to fuck.

I read this as CREATURE OF THE BLACK LAGOON, trying to get Scarlett Johansson for the qt Creature that wants to fuck.

Now I'm severely disappointed.

Eh that's not really that bad. The creator and the monster are often portrayed with an element of duality. I'm guessing the only reason this hasn't happened already is the technology required to have one actor play both parts.

Mummy powers?

u wot

why not just watch Monster Squad and be done with it

>Universal monsters cinematic universe

Interested

>It's just more capeshit with monsters instead of comic book characters

Straight into the trash with it

Yeah but unless the creature is now a clone, or he's made from the body of Frankenstein's twin brother, them being physically identical makes no sense.

They could just have him play the body/movements of the monster via mocap and have him play Victor normally. It' no big deal.

More like the female Busey

Van hellsing with huge jackedman was comfy af

no but I want to watch what kind of paradox universe colliding big bang event will happen because it has The Cruise in it and The Cruise never fails.

Universal started the cinematic universe thing almost 50 years ago tho

That or the fact that you've completely missed the point of nearly every rendition of the story.

>I'm guessing the only reason this hasn't happened already is the technology required to have one actor play both parts.

u wot

The Mummy's curse destroyed Brendan Fraser, it will destroy Tom Cruise

youtube.com/watch?v=GGwFWpY8OII
bringing this gem back up

Should have been a GANGSTER RAP CINEMATIC UNIVERSE instead.

Literally just reboot Van helsing retards

Looks dumb as fuck.

Can't bruise the Cruise.

This is fucking dumb. And I'm all for putting a spin on something classic, but trying to turn it into cape shit, grey filtered garbage, where the budget is $200 million but it looks like it was the cost of a string and can is fucking uninspired.

>Dwayne Johnson as the Wolfman.
Fucking what? that's awful casting.

Cruise is too rich AND too powered up by scientology to fail.

>no Guillermo Del Toro Universal Monster atmospheric elegant gothic horror universe with Hellboy 2 / Pan's Labyrinth / Crimson Peak production design style that pays tasteful tribute to the original films while modernizing them with modern makeup / puppet / creature tech

>Guillermo Del Toro

Good. I'm sick of that fat spic and his glorified Hot Topic aesthetic.

Prick

This is an 18+ site

>dwayne johnson as wolfman

he's supposed to be a guy, not real life fucking hulk