The New Death Grips Album

Word on the street is that the new album will pretty much be >muh fuck drumph amirite?
The tour with Ministry was not just based on star-power, it also relied on radical left-wing politics, something Death Grips were hinting since 2012 I believe. Albeit they never dabbled in political talk, it seems that this year we'll be getting a way more politically charged Death Grips, like, miles ahead.
They still haven't announced the official release date, but will probably come out after a week or two after the Ministry album, and in a way, will be like a companion record to AmeriKKKant, both on the production and lyrical side of things.
Having said that, how do you feel about this Sup Forums? Are you excited for a new Death Grips album, despite the fact that it's gonna jump on the anti-Trump bandwagon?
I'm willing to give it a shot, I've known these guys for some time now, but I am a bit skeptical, don't really know how it's going to turn out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7zkX6kfnWbk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Knowing Stefan, it'll probably just be his regular cryptic lyrics with subtle political undertones

Also remember the merch line at those shows. Ministry's was empty pretty much.

youtube.com/watch?v=7zkX6kfnWbk

I FUCK THE MUSIC I MAKE IT CUM

i dont see this happening
they know their audience doesnt care about politics

i don't care about a fucking thing

i think some people in their audience do care about politics but would prefer for them to not touch that shit

not true btw

>AmeriKKKant
That has to be the worst album title I've ever heard.

spot on. i think their appeal is in the spiritual. in that sense, they've been talking about politics their whole career. it's already encapsulated in the lyrics.

it'll be tough for them to pull that off

YOU NEED A LIFT

Anti-trump isn't really a bandwagon tho - if were all talking seriously, I assume Ride, Zack, and Bald Guy would have put a lot of thought into this

I would find it weird them getting political tho so I'm not really buying it - nihilistic ride is best ride desu

it'll probably be focused on the overall mood of the country rather than specific political issues i would guess. that's most albums coming out right now though, it's hard to ignore the shitshow that the political discourse has turned america into

true, not too many 11-17 year olds know or care what's going on politically. case in point:

Wikipedia said Zach is going to be on the new Ministry

It's going to be very cryptic but politically charged and angry.

Death Grips are post-leftists in an anarchist tradition.

THE TABLE'S FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH

Yeah, what the fuck does Kant have to do with this

also you'd think they would be have been more outspoken. a lot of these indie artists are churning out songs for benefit compilations and playing more benefit shows now.

I agree with this - is it really "jumping on the bandwagon" if they've been hard lefty the whole time?

On the new ministry there's a Sup Forums diss track, are DG gonna go down the same road and talk shit about their OG fans? Why does fucking Sup Forums ruin EVERYTHING