>Junior in college
>Still do this
Music for this feel?

it happens every day

>girl you like is in the front row
>she isn't deterred in the slightest by the retarded song you are singing

>imagine Pitchfork interviewing you after your latest album drops

You have no fucking idea how elaborate my zone-out-pretend-music fantasies are

It goes far beyond a high school stage, in my mind I have my own band, I think of how my interviews would be, my aesthetic, what reviews would be like, how Sup Forums would respond to me, what type of girls would be at my shows, etc.

When I listen to music, I'll take songs I like from a bunch of different bands (Ween, Ariel Pink, etc.), combine them and in my mind pretend they're mine and that my albums are all 100% filler free as they only include the best songs by my favorite bands (but in my fantasy, they're -my- songs and all sung by me instead)

I get high and I do this for like 2-3 hours at least 4 days a week and it's honestly the highlight of my life. Then the high wears off, the music doesn't sound as good and I realize I'm a 28 year old with absolutely nothing going for me and no idea how to even play an instrument

But the fantasy sessions still make me happy, I get to "feel" it without actually doing, the problem is it feels so "good" to pretend not to be me

Honestly, not even shitposting. This is me talking to you as a fellow human being. Please seek legitimate psychiatric help.

>plebfork
gaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy

Bitch I do that years after graduating. Performing in front of friends, strangers. Anyone who would give me the time of day... it's hard.. on
These...

STREETS OF FIRE

This but unironically.

That but post-ironically

Am I the only person on Sup Forums who's never done this?

>Am I the only person
You are never the only person.

>not post-post-ironically

I sorta do this as well, but only in a hazy daydream kind of way.

>actually fucking did it
>play i know it's over by the smiths at high school talent contest with my mates/band
>briefly forget the lyrics like halfway through through and hum instead until i remember
>a few, awkward, despondent claps at the end
>trip down the steps of the stage as we walk off
>entire school erupts into laughter
I'm still mentally scarred by this.

>listens to sad song
>imagines himself going though all this pain in life while no one notices
>at climax of song imagine your suicide
>everyone mourns you

I’ve finally stopped doing this. Only took twelve years after leaving school to stop.

>This but you imagine no one mourning you because you know that is what would happen

ITT: manchildren

Is this something only kids raised by single mothers do?

t. kid raised by single mother who does this

>fantasise about becoming the next big folk singer songwriter
>imagine articles about me asking “Is this promising young artist the next Bob Dylan”?
>picture myself on stage with audience transfixed as I deftly sing and play my acoustic guitar
>imagine meeting Bob Dylan and having an in depth conversation about life and music
>he casually lets me know he loves my songs and wishes me the best of luck in my career

In reality I’ve completely fucking lost my muse and haven’t written any decent songs since I had a manic episode six months ago.

>fantano gives your album a 10
>you become Sup Forumscore
>get to fuck every thot in the industry
my dream

cmon man dont do this to me

I usually just imagine a movie trailer

I have only done this once, and it wasn't a big deal at the time, it isn't now. The only autism that comes close is that I sometimes pretend I'm a character in an anime communicating/connecting with my waifu, and then becoming romantically involved, I once spent days at a time doing this

I do the same but not this elaborate. I will day dream about how I will fuck with this website if I ever get big

my friends and family would be sad but only for a little while and then my entire being would disappear forever into nothing

My day dreams about how I interact with Sup Forums are ruined because I know in 2018 it would be "user Seen Talking On Alt-Right Message Board Using Antisemetic Feel Memes"

That doesn't come close, it far exceeds the music one in terms of autism

Ya thats gone through my head before. If I ever made a tweet that included sam hyde it would be over

>he stopped doing this when he left high school

lmao

I guess, don't really care though

sucks to be you i guess

Am I weird for not doing this?

>not realizing that post-post-ironically is in and of itself, post-post-irony

I constantly have daydreams like the johnny b goode scene in back to the future where I travel back in time and play futuristic music to an unwitting olden days audience

I dream of going back with a load of schematics so I have all the advanced technology and imagine playing autechre at woodstock or smells like teen spirit in the 50s, sometimes I get bottles thrown at me in the daydream but that's part of the fetish

I don't even masturbate at night now I just think different variants of this and then get depressed that no music will ever surprise anyone anymore it's just woke defagco and memes

jesus, user

cringe thread?

>I constantly have daydreams like the johnny b goode scene in back to the future where I travel back in time and play futuristic music to an unwitting olden days audience
I know that feel, user.

Nope but any tumultuous family situation will nurture any escapism

>tfw I'm 24 and occasionally daydream i'm this great auteur while also in a sort of Mr Deeds/fish out of water situation

dude in a solipsism type of way, you ARE living that life cause the only reality that really exists is the one YOU are experiencing.

>tfw 24
>tfw still imagine this on a daily basis
>tfw imagine i'm the same age, 24, in front of a crowd playing geetar

>being this gay

>implying you aren't still in high school you absolute faggot

>back in high school
>listening to a song
>imagine I'm performing it in front of the whole school
>everybody loving it
>then terrorists storm in
>I defeat them through the power of music
>hottest girl in school asks me out after

Jesus Christ it's good to know I'm not the only one this autistic.

did this but not with the school, just an imaginary solo performance for the girl I liked

god I'm pathetic