ITT musicians that inspire you

ITT musicians that inspire you

As a queer genderquestioning NB coming to terms with my identity, Gus's music and rise to fame really helped show me that I *can* do this and come out. I love him

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SJrRqxw620A
youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
youtube.com/watch?v=iyv4bPwUJws
youtube.com/watch?v=iN9gDsTzov0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

James Murphy for being ugly as shit and getting a wife

It fucking sucks that modern queer icons are this boring. They're all incredibly conformist, ironically.

he's not conformist at all, he's helping make it cool to b yourself again
watch the video essay
youtube.com/watch?v=SJrRqxw620A

Pfffffffffffaaahahahahahagagagagagaggagagaggagvagaagahahahahahahahahahahahah

Shills living in our heads rent-free...

SOPHIE begs to differ

this is starting to get funnier than tekashit69 meme

Isn't Sony pushing this guy really hard because they're trying to market some faux diy "bedroom pop" youtuber scene? Him and Clairo are part of this

prune you talk funny

Conspiracy
I just like the music

>think piece propaganda
I'm so fucking sick of this shit already. I guarantee he does those pauses every single think piece has to sound pensive too.

Absolutely this, I miss the unashamed lgbt icons of the 80s and 90s that were flashy as fuck and fucking loved it. Falco, Tomboy, BWO, Army of Lovers, Judas Priest, Boy George, Wham, etc...good shit. The gay just has no flair any more, and it makes this fagboi sad.

Compared to this majesty?
youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs

it's because being gay is ok

Ok by who?

Look this website in the eyes and say that again.

society
Who the fuck is making video essays about this youtube indie fag? He has like two EPs

Stop lying, and stop shilling this garbage.

Why is it fucking impossible to find the whole Ok2BGay album anywhere on the internet?

>tfw you unironically kinda like his EP

more like gus gay ahaha goteem

Grimes unironically made me realize I was gay all this time

I love his aesthetic personally, it's pretty fresh./

i want viral marketer to know no one talks like this in real life and that you are very transparent

>Absolutely this, I miss the unashamed lgbt icons of the 80s and 90s that were flashy as fuck and fucking loved it
Check out Seth Bogart/Hunx and his Punx

youtube.com/watch?v=iyv4bPwUJws

haha

every gus daperton thread is either a troll or his label paying people to make them

It doesn't even make a difference desu senpai

yeah this band is cool i actually saw them live a few years ago at a bar

So are there any good gay musicians nowadays or were they just a thing in the 70s?

Why are gay playlists full of women? Women aren't gay, they're women. And why can't gay artists be more like Basshunter and not Frank Ocean?

I've got one.but it's 192kbps

i really hate faggots

jesus man. fuck these videos with this dumbass introspective tone of voice, overanalyzing boring shit

not a conspiracy whatsoever, there have been some really obvious shill posts recently on here that basically sound like press releases, for clairo too, and a seperate shilling scheme for pale waves. its all in the archive.

>Who the fuck is making video essays about this youtube indie fag? He has like two EPs
shills

blatant viral marketing

also this

>not a conspiracy
>goes on to explain how its a conspiracy
retarded fucking yank

they were using the term conspiracy to dismiss it as not being real, though. how it is often used. "oh that's just a conspiracy." you know what i meant.

You're not fooling anyone, the posts promoting this lazily engineered facade of a millennial friendly "artist", all sound as phony as the product itself. But take your bump cos that's all you were after anyway

i liked the stuff he put out when i first heard it like a month ago. but then when i looked into how his manager is a sonyboy i started to see his whole image differently. the tunes are catchy but i see the aggressive marketing/shilling/pandering now and it kind of changes the feeling for me

All I know is anybody with three exclusive interviews under their belt (one of which being with fucking vogue for gods sake) before they've even released an album, is either already viral or a corporate project with connections. Not to mention the hardcore youtube recommendations and out-of-nowhere seemingly daily posts on Sup Forumsreddit for the past 4 months or so. It all just seems pretty manufactured and phony. Also stop by this "DIY' "artist's" seemingly professionally polished website for confirmation if you really want to see the power of major labels. Also the shills type like 50 year old mothers paid to try their best to fit in.

For fans of Mac Demarco you gotta listen to this EP

yep.

perfect example

This guy is really the bee's knees. He's making indie great again and it's cool he's inspiring kids to make music and be themself. I just like his personality originality aesthetic and chill vibes oh yeah and the really cool jams.

yeah that sounds right.

can't tell if this is bait or not

he's the mac d of generation z

Wow! This is really fun music with cool groovy vibes. Fans of Boy Pablo would love this! Be sure to check it out on Spotify or Apple Music!

how did you say what you thought was what i was wanting you to say first and foremost

>how did you say what you thought was what i was wanting you to say first and foremost
umm.... what?

teehee

Hey, there's a musician from Sydney called Gussy that you'd probably dig also. He wears dresses etc.

this track is incredible
>youtube.com/watch?v=iN9gDsTzov0

i like it
i will!

this though how fucking fake can you get

Gus shills aren't as bad as the viral marketers/teenagers memeing 69(IQ) at least. Still shills though so fuck off.

I really enjoy watching this video I discovered Gus couple months ago and everything you said about him is true, I grew up listening to hip hop and to hear something so different like Gus Is quite relaxing.

ou articulated perfectly why I fell in love with Prune, You Talk Funny, the first time I saw the music video. Seriously, it's thus far the highlight of my 2018. Besides being relentlessly catchy, and the video being a total joy to take in, it's just how--as you put it--it normalizes the participants' individuality. They're all dressed like cartoon characters, and they don't just look happy, but they look like this could be any random day. The video is structured in such a way that it makes you feel like you're peaking into a parallel world where people can be and do and look exactly how they want to, and it's absolutely fine. I love that so, so much. I'm glad we have pop stars with good messages and music like Dapperton to admire

nigga you gay

could you be anymore obvious

Will Toledo and James Murphy are basically the embodiments of imageboards, just different ages

prune, you talk funny

>i want viral marketer to know no one talks like this in real life and that you are very transparent

>Also the shills type like 50 year old mothers paid to try their best to fit in.

prime examples

Funny thing is, Gus actually fucks girls, he just genderbends for the aesthetic

kys yourself

someone tell buzzfeed

hey kids! wanna normalize some good messages?

Diversity is our strength

Being NB genderqueer doesnt mean you cant fuck men and women

So do half of trannies desu

this guys music is really boring

no click zone

no it's so chill

It's so fucking obvious Sony is trying to market this guy as some hip unique lgbtq multicultural diverse individual diy indie artist to "hip kids": bourgeois urban american white dsa bernie supporter college "woke" teens but they're out of touch with that that crowd likes so they're pushing this guy with an image cobbled from 2013 tumblr fads and checking off all the identity pandering

It's not going to work, you can't market someone as an indie kid by being that blatantly corporate about it.

nah this though

nope

who does he know though?

they're gonna come back full force with more authentic authenticity, just you wait

shit like this is worse than identity politics. why should i care about a musician’s gender identity? how shit of a musician do you have to be to have your career based on your sexuality?

He personally doesn't need to "know" anyone really, though that is the case for a lot of similarly viral marketed entertainers (Clairo). All it takes is for this untalented sort of hip queer looking millennial aged personality to be noticed by somebody with any connection the music industry, and than said person reports back to the 30's and 40's year old suits at the creative dep. of colombia or atlantic or wherever with an idea. We've got the perfect answer to the Demarco-crisis, look at this non-binary Vice-friendly piece of shit, he'll sell in the same demo and than some with our connections. They augment and construct a perfect persona and sell it to everyone in the demo earshot.

i got a strange feeling this is bait.

this whole campaign will fail because its ideological and not about being artistic.

i wanna like his music. it's not top 5 or anything, but it's okay. then i see this and its like uugghh

but if this is the way his career's going then it might end up as a pump and dump

you're a shill though

It does matter. Think of pop stars. The knowledge of the stars behind can effect how you perceive their music. There aren't fixed imaginary criteria how to judge music, so songs fall into varying degrees of subjectivity.

didn't mean to quote you

Amerikkkan Boy

I don’t get why queer musicians have to make their entire image about them being queer, it just keeps that big of a divide between straight and LGB/etc-types alive. Why the fuck can’t a queer person who disregards their sexuality in their presentation be recognized for anything? I get that this is a hot topic right now and so that this period will have to be this be explicitly expressed, but for how much longer are we going to be this fucking redundant?
The people you listed suck a lot too

Also you faggots replying to these bait threads isn’t fucking helping, if you’re going to feed it then at least sage.

nobody's marketing anything
this is paranoid garbage

shit my cover's blown.

this

You're either a shill yourself or 14
Which is it?

yeah, their words or actions can, not their fucking sexuality. the same way i dont give a fuck about a person being straight i dont give a fuck about a person being gay. im actually gay myself and i hate being expected to be part of some gay community and associate with people purely based on their sexuality. who i have sex with is not part of my personality, i hate that many gay people are first and foremost flamboyant hehe quirky lgbt retards and then everything else.

fuckin up the quotes tonight desu

Welcome to the most capitalist society of the most capitalist country in the history of human civilization. Anything that can be used and sold, will be exactly that. Including but not limited to the sex you're physically attracted to. It's a system that turns you're personality into an "identity" and that identity into a demographic and that demographic into a product. That's all it is to the people who control the media

read adorno

Or maybe ideological will come to be seen as the future of artistic expression, that certainly seems to be the direction we are presently heading towards.

The media follows this construct of what constitutes art, and now more than ever people are reliant on being told what is “good” and what kinds of things possess value, and so this will result in more people living and contributing to a world that follow this idea of what is “artistic”.

Fucking look at Kendrick Lamar, a huge amount of what he’s acclaimed for has to do with the ideology behind his work. This has set a precedent that will only grow in time to encompass numerous other ideologies, such of that as Gus Dapperton and other trendy memey fucks.

Nah Sup Forums told me that guy was one of the cultural marxists who are brainwashing kids to like all these gay artists.

I’m talking about how “Gus Dapperton” markets himself, dressing and posing in such a pretentious way.
Although I’m sure any coverage he’s gotten will only indulge in this, though I still assume that in the scheme of things in the real world this honestly isn’t of that much sognificance.

he's getting promoted by music magazines like vice and buzzfeed and youtube is pushing him so i expect him to blow up when his first full length is released. theyre trying to force a scene and exploit that whole mac demarco aesthetic and bandcamp indie bedroom sound for profit .they're a few years late but they're ready to commercialize that whole emerging scene. and gus and clairo are gonna be the figureheads for the corporate movement, they just dont have albums or serious things produced yet besides a couple "viral" hit singles but when they do you better believe youll see more promo for it.

>ou articulated perfectly why I fell in love with Prune,
its like you copy pasted it directly from your shill file but forgot left out the Y at the beginning on accident. rest of the post is typed out perfectly.

You can't pick and choose things that shouldn't fall into subjectivity, everything falls there with varying degrees. There are visible differences between the sexes and between how you perceive straights women and gays, it subtly changes tbe way you look at music if the music allows enough room to be visibly altered by such perceptions.

I think you're a sodomite and should kys in all honesty, but my better judgement doesn't get effected that much answering you.

No shill can answer this though