Gas - Narkopop

what did you think of this?

i really like it

put it on last night to drift off to sleep to, love me some GAS

fuck off keep your cancer in one of the many threads being spammed already

it was one of my favorite 2017 albums, although voigt is a fucking hack

Its definitely great sleeping music, even better than Pop was

My favorite album from 2017. Perfectly fits into Gas's discography, and really seems like a darker and more ambient version of Pop. Zauberberg is still my favorite Gas album, but Narkopop is comparable with Pop and Konigsforst.

2/10

Substantially worse than Konigsforst, not as good as Pop, better than Zauberberg.

Literally a OST for the coldest parts of Skyrim.

thats a good thing, right?

"hack" gets thrown around too much nowadays. Explain yourself

How a thing that makes me want to live in skyrim and forget how shit is the world is a good thing?

A bit too cold and soulless for me. I prefer the comfy warmth of Königsforst and Pop.

wronga

This honestly feels like a modern movie soundtrack stretched out into an ambient album. Quite lovely. This is the first album of his I've listened to though, I'm unfamiliar with the rest of his work. I'm assuming it doesn't sound like this given how polarized this album's made people feel though

his other albums sound decently similar, i don't get why Narkopop is so polarizing
listen to Pop though, it's better than Narkopop

Listening to bits of it. The tracks are full of these wet fluttering sounds. It's lacking the wall of strings Narkopop gave me that I enjoyed so much, but it's still nice

I'll pick it up if I happen to find it. Kompact albums are a pain to find in record stores

you'll never find Pop in a record store that shit rare as fuck

Oh wow I didn't even notice this was from 2000. He had a 17 year gap between the two releases? I thought this would've been a Kompakt album too given that Narkopop's Kompakt

Well that's a meme. I'll pick it up when I get better money. Amoeba might even have it one day. They get everything

If Pop represses you will definitly hear about it

It better not also be a remaster. That'll make picking up the original issue far harder

if Pop represses my orgasmic screams will be heard around the world