What the hell happened?

What the hell happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/TrueDetective/comments/4orv7m/the_greatest_vincepost/
reddit.com/r/TrueDetective/comments/3dakz5/no_spoilers_Sup
reddit.com/r/TrueDetective/comments/3e9k70/season_2_make_up_your_most_ridiculous_vince/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They rushed S2. Wasted Colin Farrell's potential imo. Should've shown Rachel McAdams hooters. And get rid of fucking Vince Vaughn; that nigga can't play a gangster for shit.

Casper knew this

the producers intercepted the original script and gutted it because of it's content.

you know nick pizza was onto something in regards to secret pedophile rings etc. and they just had to cut it because of it's parallelism to real life.

Who else /really loved the second season on rewatching it recently/ here? The first season is amazing but the second season is great too, I missed a lot of stuff and didn't realize how good Farrell was as Velcoro. The music and all the scenes with Frank and Ray are amazing.

>Should've shown Rachel McAdams hooters.

at least we got to see her panties and her sexy venus dimples

Whenever Nick Pizza was about to come up with a good idea, I would always scream one of my terrible ideas instead.

They were probably too scared to greenlight another season that deals with pedophelia and satanism in politics (which is true), so they probably told Nick to change the script

Pizzagate

didnt find a good story to steal so he had to make something up

He basically stole this too though from Boardwalk Empire.

Cucks like him Coudnlt handle season 2.

I wish producers would just ignore stupid people's opinions.

LA was a shit place to have it compared to Louisiana. Louisiana is a much creepier setting, characters from there felt more gritty and memorable. Every other show is set in LA and you feel like you've seen all the characters in S2 before.

S2 is kino

but it was industrial LA, nice try tho kid

Childhood is when you idolize Rust. Adulthood is when you realize the Frank and Ray are the greatest tv characters ever.

S1 had two great characters who balanced one another. S2 had 3-4 characters that kinda tied together and all had their own weird shit going on.

Nah, Pizza is just a hack.

Season 2 was better than season 1.

Ha

except it wasn't set in LA

its caspere you pleb

l2n2vincepost

>first season set in Louisiana (LA)
>second season set in LA (county)
>would've been about pedos too, if pizza could've

there's only one place the third season could've gone

it really was
the plot was a bit convoluted but it didn't matte as much
s2 just had more impact
s1 was just a cool story with cool characters and a cool setting but it didn't really resonate with you emotionally and was at times a bit cheesy

they finally became true detectives

S2 was the biggest nothing ever. The characters and the performances were still great but it was all for nothing. It's like some corruption story with no obvious victims. We don't even know what's at stake or who's in dancer until like the 5th episode.

Compare that to season 1 where the first thing we know is that there's some insane murderer killing women and children in ritualistic fashion on the loose.

s1 had a boogeyman, it was a story for children
s2 showed you a piece of the world we live in and gave you some interesting characters trying to deal with it

Pizzagate
Its was all true and they cant greenlight this shit because nobody in the elite would fund them

They couldn't show any of the women naked, because that's not empowering. These are strong, feminist women. Not like the loose whores Daddario and Simmons were in Season 1. No, these are strong, beautiful women. They alone will survive after all the weak men die. Everyone knows traditional noir is filled with strong, capable females who stay fully dressed during the entire story. It's practically a trope!

>s1 had a boogeyman, it was a story for children

Yeah, True Detective was a bit hit with my nieces and nephews, you stupid contrarian piece of fuck.

>And get rid of fucking Vince Vaughn

Vinceposting was the best thing to come out of S2

just because it was packaged for adults doesn't mean it had more substance than that as a story

>who is Elmore Leonard

Finale was good tho
Plot convoluted as fuck
Good OST tho

Casper knew this

And just because you're talking behind a computer screen doesn't mean I won't find you and punch you in the throat you little fucking fairy.

I didn't see any man ass, either.

Are we going to get a season 3?

Yeah season 2 was objectively bad but it wasn't absolute garbage. A third season could salvage it

S2 wasn't bad. It as just too different from S1. If you were around at the time, people gave it no fucking chance whatsoever.

The plot wasn't that hard to follow. It aired at a time when people can't go 20 seconds without checking their phones.

apparently Matty Mc might be interesed in coming back for season 3. If that's the case it might be set in Texas and could cover Rust's narco days. Mite b cool

I have to agree with these points.
I would watch every week to see how stupid it would be an shitpost but by the last episode I found myself pretty invested.

Vince Vaughn was unironically the best part of the season. Not even memeing.

I don't watch many TV series but I gave this one a shot, finished S2 today. Pretty good. I might have preferred S2 actually

Anyone have any Vinceposting screencaps? Sound kekworthy

They were just different.

S1 had that creepy, crazy atmosphere. Its tone alone made it memorable.

S2 was more complicated and had more character-driven drama going on. Not necessarily a bad thing, just different.

I preferred S1,

Post mcadams

Just check reddit for your favorite memes!

reddit.com/r/TrueDetective/comments/4orv7m/the_greatest_vincepost/

reddit.com/r/TrueDetective/comments/3dakz5/no_spoilers_Sup Forums_makes_up_things_frank_might_say/

reddit.com/r/TrueDetective/comments/3e9k70/season_2_make_up_your_most_ridiculous_vince/

kek

It shifted scope and people couldn't handle it. They wanted more of the same.

Youre a fucking idiot

I don't enjoy tv shows, but everybody recommended me the first season of TD because it's more of a "mini-series", not a tv show for them.

Well for me the experience was exactly like any other tv show, unenjoyable.

The primary focus is on the narrative and nothing else, the repetitive structure, countless establishing shots and shots of a car entering a location, countless "let's go to a bar for a beer" exposition dialogues, every episode has to end with a cliffhanger, every episode has one big moment which is executed well while the rest is mostly filler, countless twists and turns etc

Like any other tv show.
Most of the time you don't even have to look at the screen, you could just listen to it and you get the same thing out of it because the written narrative is the main thing here, while in film it's the visual narrative.

what are your top 5 movies, user?

First season got WAY too close to PizzaGate. (((HBO executives))) acted quickly to shut it down, demanding the next season be terrible in order to ensure both seasons would be permanently discredited.

I have no definite list, but these came to mind

The Conversation
Fail-Safe
Spoorloos
Heat
Eraserhead

this

1st season is a documentary

basically agree, except value assignment of visual narrative over written narrative. Why is good writing bad, user?

It's bad if it's the only good thing in a visual medium.

Why make a movie/tv show if the only thing you care about is writing?

Shouldn't that be a book then?

Season 2 had a boring overall plot that didn't really feel like it was going anywhere or even that there was any real conflict. I mean sure theres a corrupt mayor and a mob boss is losing money but there just wasn't enough pull to make me give a shit about the actual plot. It seemed like the plot was just an excuse for the characters to reveal their backstories.

Really bad choices. End your life

Thanks for the argumentative input my dear amigo friend, appreciate it.

FAT
PUSSY

>It aired at a time when people can't go 20 seconds without checking their phones.

this pretty much

Who else waiting for the Series Blu-ray collection?

As much as i want to buy the fucking individual seasons, I'm still waiting for the overall overpriced series Blu-ray like I did for Breaking Bad.

Still waiting for Fargo to finish as well.

>Casper

it's not that it was hard to follow; it's that it was boring as fuck. season 1 relied on the solid dynamic between the leads, and matthew mconnaissance carrying solo acting crazy.

season 2 had 4 leads with very limited an uninteresting interactions. they clearly wanted vince vaughn to take the role of the guy who gets to engage in these monologues but he didn't pull them off, partly because they just weren't written very well, and that's probably because they gave this guy a tiny amount of time to write the script having already shot his creative load.

i went in totally blind and hopeful to season 2, didn't know about it being "rushed" or anything, and it was just a disappointment. not a BAD show but also not memorable to me at all either.

>a bunch of random shit and meme movie Heat

congrats dude you're the ultimate hipster, nobody can dispute your taste, continue hating all TV shows

>lists movies made by Francis Ford Coppola, Sidney Lumet and David Lynch
>"bunch of random shit"

How delusional and ignorant can one be.
I sincerely hope this is bait.

Heat is objectively shit. Only good part was the shootout. It was the beginning of Al Pacino and De Niro's slide into shitty pulp action movies.

What about the editing? What about the framing and composition? What about the blocking? What about the production design? What about the sound design? What about the line deliveries? What about the written narrative?
All shit?

Keep in my mind that I didn't list what I think are the objectively best movies in cinema history, I just listed some of my favorites.

>I used to be afraid of the dark, Ray, terrified even. Then one day my dad tells me I'm 12 years old and don't need a nightlight any more and tears the thing out of it's socket. And you know what happens? I'm fine. There's no monsters. That's when I realised that the light wasn't keeping me safe from the monsters; it was keeping them safe from me. Well now I've got a clapper and I think this speech deserves a round of applause.

>every true detective thread
>reasonable human beings say season 2 was shit
>cue the5 contrarians that circlejerk each other about how "convoluted" and "complex" the plot was and how it's everyone else's fault for """""""not getting it""""""""

Face it. Season 2 was fucking dogshit. It had a convoluted and confusing plot with absolutely zero fucking substance. No atmosphere, awful deliveries save for like 3 actors, too many storylines going on with no real reason that don't even converge all that well. The only reason you say you like it is because it's the only way you'll feel superior to anyone else, through your """""""good"""""" taste.

Finally someone not mindlessly circejerking about season 1 like it's a revolutionary artistic masterpiece

>What the hell happened?

Normies were unable to comprehend that more of the same isn't a good thing so they were too hung up on "THIS IS NOT LIKE SEASON 1" to enjoy it for what it was.

Happened to Sup Forums too because we're below normie tier.

no, I just genuinely like it and it resonated emotionally with me, whereas s1 was just a cool show to pass the time

>Heat is objectively shit

lmao what a post