Musicians with no background info

Enigmatic musicians who have literally no information about them. Bonus points if they're actually good. Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QgO_JdDXetI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MC_Ride
youtube.com/watch?v=Xc3MokZHWjs
discogs.com/artist/1232939-André-Seidensticker
youtube.com/watch?v=RZGX--pLyW8
youtube.com/watch?v=OjLHGhO4Ca8
youtube.com/watch?v=WryGpuil3Mw
youtube.com/watch?v=8PnyExiRgdk
open.spotify.com/album/1b3LjGh1XudL557H45Qqdz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Deathspell Omega

Me desu

I was about to post this

Portal.

:(

jai pls release

didn't he and his brother have that paul academy thing? what happened to that?

its always these esoteric metal bands who fall into this category

Viper, The Residents (both to a certain degree)

youtube.com/watch?v=QgO_JdDXetI

his brother released a single or two under it, nothing from Jai

andy morin

for real, we barely know anything about him

ride too

which album of his should i start with?

If you wanna get right into what Jandek's all about, check out his first album Ready For the House, recorded under the pseudonym "The Units". It might take a while to click, as its all in this strange discordant tuning and he doesn't fret the instrument once (barring the last track), but the atmosphere and his choppy rhythms are great.
If you wanna get eased into his world, give Chair Beside a Window a go, it has more variety and features contributions from other musicians.
Blue Corpse and The Beginning are also great, the latter has some of his most realised and halfway "conventional" songwriting.

Shinichi Atobe

There's way more information than i thought.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MC_Ride

we know slightly more about ride than andy

for one, Ride was in a band before DG (Fyre), and released some stuff under his own name (mxlpxl). Sup Forums contacted his dad via facebook a while back (which is kinda fucked up honestly). he also paints a bit.

andy, on the other hand... all we know is he's still trying to gain

Q Lazzarus

thank you so much

also andy is dating mexican girl

holy shit source please

youtube.com/watch?v=Xc3MokZHWjs

Only thing I could ever find is this

discogs.com/artist/1232939-André-Seidensticker

I absolutely love this record and wish I could hear more from him other than these two releases but couldn't find any useful info ever. 2003 is like right before social media became a thing so I guess it's not that surprising but still.

this is so dope. i'm guessing the scribbled EP is nowhere to be found?

It's vinyl only but there was a rip of it done in 2004, Seidensticker-Scribbled-LP-(Out_to_Lunch)-2004-DPS. It's harder to find these days than it used to be but I have seen some of the mp3s pop up on soulseek before. That's how I originally ended up hearing it, I downloaded it in 04 and liked it so much I burned it to a CD.

His other release was ripped in 2014, Seidensticker--Schwarz_Vom_Harz_(OTL_009)-VINYL-2001-CMC_INT so it's probably easier to find.

yer welcome man, jandek is a challenge and can be pretty oblique at first, but getting into the man and all the mythology which surrounds him is incredibly rewarding.
Its kinda like the guy developed "the blues" without ever hearing it himself, the fact he's such a recluse means his music is as about as self-contained as it is possible. His work isn't perfect, but its sure as fuck fascinating.

jim morrison

definitely. from the 4 or 5 songs that i have heard, i can tell that jandek is the epitome of 'outsider' music. thanks for the rec mate.

Lots and lots of black metal bands fit into this, to the point where the "mysterious and anomymous BM musician" image is outplayed and boring at this point.

youtube.com/watch?v=RZGX--pLyW8
youtube.com/watch?v=OjLHGhO4Ca8
youtube.com/watch?v=WryGpuil3Mw
youtube.com/watch?v=8PnyExiRgdk

A few more tracks from the EP on youtube

>appears out of nowhere
>drops 2 albums that sound like a proto-PC Music
>got one fluke hit in Britain
>vanishes

Pop stars usually aren't this secretive. We know more about QT than we do about Nadia Oh.

gospel

lol, never heard of this
definitely sounds like inspiration for PC music

but i think there's a lot of stuff about both QT and Nadia on the internet, they're just not releasing music anymore

literally 85% to 90% of musicians.

youre fun arent you

>tfw btstu is the only masterpiece we'll ever hear from Jai

open.spotify.com/album/1b3LjGh1XudL557H45Qqdz

i dont know how threres so many little info on the residents, they on the game since eraly 70's and still making music today. Great respect for their lack of interest on fame

OOF