So is anime just for people with extremely low intelligence?

So is anime just for people with extremely low intelligence?

Just last year we had Westworld, Quarry, The Night of, The Affair, The people vs OJ and many other great shows for high IQ people.

Did anime have anything last year with intelligent themes and deep characters that could compete with that?

Inb4 some show with a princess and a demon loli or something.
I bet there wasn't anything without a teen protagonist.

Spazzing out like this is definitely a sign of low intelligence.

Why can't I enjoy both? It can be relaxing to have a show I turn on and has cute girls doing cute things or to have it as something to have on.

Pretty much, don't let any yellow-loving cuck try to fool you

>Westworld, Quarry, The Night of, The Affair, The people vs OJ and many other great shows for high IQ people
this is what reddit actually believes

pretty much

usually the amount of anime girls that are posted in a board can be related to the board's intelligence

hence why Sup Forums, Sup Forums and Sup Forums are all the dumbest users

t- Assravaged anime faggot

The shows you listed are for normie plebs you poor wannabe elitist fool

video entertainment is never smart. None of it stimulates the brain.

One Punch Man was pretty smart but that was a few years ago.

>Westworld, Quarry, The Night of, The Affair, The people vs OJ and many other great shows for high IQ people.

lol

>Tfw too intelligent for anime

Anime is the undisputed greatest form of media in existence.

This.

Video games are for literal children, film and television are for the average adult. Only high end literature can actually be intellectually challenging in any way, it is one person's vision top to bottom with a level of artistic integrity no other format can even come close to.

>Just last year we had Westworld, Quarry, The Night of, The Affair, The people vs OJ and many other great shows for high IQ people.

This is the most Reddit sentence I've read in 2017

The only good TV shows ever are Star Trek series. Anime has at least one good thing every season.

These would be Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums and Sup Forums

How about painting and sculpture yoi dingus

>film
yes

>television
no

SHUT THE FUCK UP

I watched an anime recently called Usagi Drop. Its about a salaryman in his early 30s who decides to adopt a member of his extended family because everyone else is too selfish to take her in. Despite being ill equipped to look after her, he does it anyway. No gimmicks, no echi shit, just a real story about real people. He comes to realise that there is more to life than working your ass off as a salaryman. Sadly, this type of anime represents less than 1% of what is being made, with the rest of it being the same generic light novel shit.

Keijo is kino.

>The only good TV shows ever are Star Trek series.

I hope I'm not the only one laughing at this.

No, every season there's something this level. Also, read the manga and you'll know it's not that good.

I watched Re Zero last year and thought it was pretty good. Interesting plot and theme

>He comes to realise that there is more to life than working your ass off as a salaryman. Sadly, this type of anime represents less than 1% of what is being made, with the rest of it being the same generic light novel shit.
HE MARRIES AND FUCKS HER IN THE OFFICIAL CANON MANGA CONTINUATION BY THE SAME AUTHOR

Tell me 1(ONE) show better than Star Trek OS

honestly most anime is complete trash. I know that's true of almost every form, but I've tried really hard to get into anime, and it's just pure shit.

Even the films heralded as classics are pretty shit. It's like there is a layer of humanity missing in them.

I don't know about literature but anime at least has pretty much always been superior to western cartoons in terms of variety, design, music and so on for who knows how long.

Might as well watch SAO then

Star Trek TNG

SAO is pretty fucking good. At least the first half. Better than half of the western telly shit.

Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu is better than every western show ever

modern anime is just cartoons

So? Extended family is fair game.

Just tell you how bad is the average western shit

SAO is godawful in every minute of it's runtime. It had a premise that could have been interesting but the author is just too much of a hack.

Just saying it's not a heartwarming father-daughter story. Just a guy grooming a kid into his fuckhole.

So yeah, just another ecchi wish fulfillment shit :^)

>modern anime is just cartoons
What did he mean by this

>SAO is pretty fucking good.

>you share the board with people who believe this

I knew Sup Forums was fucking garbage but really?

>it's another redditor whining about anime thread

this websites not for you friendo