Now that the dust has settled, was this a good fight scene?

Now that the dust has settled, was this a good fight scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SZZjtxgUGeU
youtube.com/watch?v=NSRr7wUjLxw
youtu.be/eS9kqq6PNnQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HECTOOR

Spinning? that's a good trick.

>Now that the dust has settled
Why don't you kill yourself first you fucking unoriginal autist.

I thought it was pretty neat

Why don't you kill yourself first unoriginal autist.

it was fucking kino

Top tier

I'm not an expert on fighting but it seems like Hector could have killed Achilles there.
>Achilles jumps at Hector and at the same time moves away his shield from his body
>Hector could have just parried the spear to the left and hit Achilles in the chest with his spear.

I appreciate a fight scene that goes for realism, but most great fight scenes do not. Actually can you think of any examples with realistic hand-to-hand combat?

Hector did literally nothing wrong.

He is the real hero in the Iliad.

>Block his spear thrust
>Don't counter while he's midair with his shield behind him

>jumps
>loses most of the strength and range of the blow
youtube.com/watch?v=SZZjtxgUGeU

No.

>Actually can you think of any examples with realistic hand-to-hand combat?

They Live

They Live. With Keith Richards and the other guy in the alleyway parking, I'd say it's the closest I've seen.

>Keith Richards

Hue.

I imagine having an ubermensch hit your shield with a leaping strike while you're backpedaling doesn't really allow you to hit him before he can protect himself.

He had multiple opportunities to not only slash his gut but cut his vitals. Dumb scene. Shield behind his head is retarded.

saving private ryan
the scene upstairs
youtube.com/watch?v=NSRr7wUjLxw

It looks cool, you fucking cuck.

Only movie i can think of is Braveheart, but it's been a long time since i've watched it so i don't remember how realistic the fighting is.

Good film. Unnecessary fight scene but w/e.

The book is better.

The Daredevil hallway fight in season 1 episode 2

>The book is better.

Whatever you say, Homer.

Hell yes it was. It also has the best sound design of any movie sword fight.

It was just overblown enough to be convincingly based in reality yet still Achilles tier.

It was cool watching 2 dudes duel with spears instead of swords or lightsabers or some shit for once.

At least it was unique in that regard.

>le contrarian man
How is it not better?

He didn't really start backpedaling until after Achilles hit his shield. He could have just angled his shield and moved forward so that the spear would glance off his shield.

but these are a bunch of pampered modern faggots, they do not represent experienced veterans trained from infancy

>dat noise they make when the camera slides along the bronze swords

equilibrium

but that's not his achilles tendon, so it'll just bounce off

Fucking numales that was a great scene

You can always do this with freeze frames of any sort of fighting. Much more so in actual fighting as people intentionally leave themselves open to set up a counter

i like the swishing sound when achilles slashes necks on the beach assault

Kind of funny considering they were fighting in sand

The Menelaus fight scene was better. Made me angry at Paris when he was being a little bitch, made me laugh when when King Agamemnon was keking at his brother slapping Paris' shit and made me feel the feel when Hector stepped in to save his brother.
>"STAND BACK PRINCE HECTOR I'LL KILL HIM AT YOUR FEET I DON'T CARE"
>"HE IS MY BROTHER"
get's me every time. A better all round experience
youtu.be/eS9kqq6PNnQ

of course it's great.

i remember seein it in cinema, everyone was rooting for hector, despite knowing he was gonna die, it's a very powerfull scene where you care for both character, i left out a whimper when achille stab him.

This. It set up the utter disdain for Paris and Helen. It was bittersweet seeing the Troy get savaged, knowing that these two fucks were responsible for the death of everyone. What even happens at the end of this movie? I blank out after Achilles eats it.

"Only God Forgives" (2013)

Fuck off modern cuck

He may not have done anything wrong, but he certainly was not the hero.

that won't do anything because that's fucking Achilles dude

Because in the book Hector was explicitly told by the gods that Achilles would kill him so he ran around the city to avoid him and was killed in like one blow.

Paris was inexperienced and an average fighter at best, faced with an experienced battle hardened big guy, not much he could do

Hector was a real nigga though

> he dones't understand memeing

If Hector wasn't written as the true hero, then who? Achilles? Have you even read the Iliad? Achilles was a vain asshole.

Odysseus. He got a sequel

Shitty for realism, but good for watching.

I mean, if you like the SW prequels lightsabre fights, of Neo fighting 200 Agent Smiths, there's no reason not to rate this scene

How could you forget Rowdy Roddy Piper? Motherfucker.

Think he meant Keith Urban

>How could you forget Rowdy Roddy Piper?

Who? Maybe if he had a sticky I'd care.

The Iliad ends with Hector's funeral, you uneducated pleb.

If you think Akilleus was a vain asshole, you didn't get it.

Hector was the only likeable character

Overly choreographed but still beautiful nonetheless.

>he doesn't rate Odysseus
pleb

this is you

Menelaus was such a cool character in the Illiad. Shame they made him into a whiny bitch in the movie.

Rorion Gracie choreographed the fight scenes in Lethal Weapon. Ground fighting isn't always aesthetically pleasing but most fights hit the ground, the guy who knows his shit down there will always own the guy who doesn't.

Was this the best Mythikino we've ever experienced? I mean not that's hard with garbage like Clash of the Titans around but you understand me
>Great cinematography
>Decent to great acting
>Massive use of props and practical effects
>Nice music
>Prime Pitt in arguably one of his best roles

stfu you mma faggot

>Mel Gibson's form on that triangle choke
absolutely disgusting

Don't you have more important things to be doing this morning, Meryl?

No, why dose every one like it so much ?

Where do YOU get your news? CNN?

>Brad starts shouting Hector
>someone at the cinema shouted i'm here
???

If you think that's how Achilles is spelt, you didn't get an education

Seeing as how he's the absolute best fighter ever, Eddie is lucky Renato Laranja didn't flat out heem him right there. He is honorable and decided to beat Eddie at what he knows.

>No Diomedes

TRASH

(OP)
Why don't you kill yourself first unoriginal autist.

>
>> he dones't understand memeing
> he dones't understand memeing

Paris did nothing wrong.

Seinfeld

>betacuck falls for the female meme the movie

This shit would have ruin the scene for me forever.
But it's pretty funny

>hit Achilles in the chest

Achiles had an impenetrable skin. The only weak point was the tendon.

I like how that jump thrust had a 100% kill rate the entire movie for Achilles, even against major heroes like Boagrius. Yet Hector blocks it there and multiple other times in the fight. Sort of implying, even if he's not on Achilles's level exactly, he's probably the only one out there that could've stood up to him as well as he did.

Worst whiny beta-orbiter ever.

>Flipping through channels
>Stumble upon the dual
>Was hooked on it, pretty tense
>Download movie
>Got extended/special version or some shit, dunno
>Gets to this scene
>Special version replaced the subtle, low-key background music with le epic shit

The fight was practically kino without overbearing epik music but with it the whole thing was practically forgettable.

It's genuinely underrated, the only thing that pissed me off was that pointless romance between Achilles and the Trojan chick with no loyalty. Only massive plebs make fun of the "take it, it's yours!" scene.

Though I would have liked to see the gods have more of an implied, symbolic presence, perhaps.

In myth. In this movie there were no divine powers of any sort.

>Made me angry at Paris when he was being a little bitch
So you would have just rolled over in the sand and let him kill you? Give me a break man

ITT: Pleb who hasn't read the Iliad

According to what? Not like Achilles was a real person anyways

He should've called a time-out and arranged for a do-over at a later date.

>According to what?
According to the movie.

>t. college dropout who read the illiad in high school and thinks he's hot shit
desu i'd prefer someone who hasn't read the poem and pretends he knows what he's talking about to an arrogant shit like you

neither does Brad Pitt

This desu

The choreography was okay but the camera work was fucking shit, not very good at all

I remember the duel being silent did they really add loud music?

>I play Dark Souls so I know how combat works!

I know that putting a spear into someone's neck while they can't dodge or block it is a good idea

Not as good as the fight in They Live

still one of my favorite fight scenes

Dragon Ball z Freeza vs Goku

You have it backwards