So I just watched this and holy shit memelord is a rapist

so I just watched this and holy shit memelord is a rapist

it was hot thought wasn't it?

like he whisked her away to a deserted island and raped her until she loved him.

I probably would have killed myself rather than drag someone else into it or go crazy.

this

>prettier than she is

It really wasn't

as much as I enjoy my own "last man on earth" fantasy, why didn't he wake up someone who might actually be able to help him? like a crew member

Biggest problem with this flick was only 1 infirmary for 5000 people.
Even if we assume that they live in a future where everyone is genetically perfect,
then we can deduce that most likely injuries would be fooling around while drunk,
which would be mainly done in one of the outer wings where the quarters are.
So for a society clearly which clearly builds for comfort, it would make sense to have one medical bed per wing.
/blog

Just wake up an engineer who knows his shit.
If that dude doesn't know shit, wake up another

The room was locked did you not watch the movie?

Kinda embaressing and stupid how he only realized the medical pod could be used as stasis thing at the end though.

The criticism of this film giving off rape vibes could have been solved in how it was advertised. Instead of marketing it as a space romance it should instead have been marketed as a kind of what if horror scenario following a man who's completely alone and followed his struggles more closely.

I think the fact that people are actually thinking about the morality of the character's actions is a good sign, even if it's a mediocre sci-fi flick.

Using it for stasis required overriding the security which only a crew member could do
Also the docbot could put him in stasis but I imagine it wouldn't be able to sustain him like the pods and he'd need someone to move his body

If I was convinced i could make someone love me I would wake them up

also i wouldnt be a retard and tell any of the robots there about waking someone up to keep the lie sealed tight

Why couldn't he just fix what needed to be fixed then go back in the backup cryo thing?

why wake up a random girl only to screw not only her(literally) but figuratively

He needed a crew pass to access the backup cryo thing.

How is he a rapist?

He was desperate to have companionship. Real. Companionship.

I don't know if you've ever been truly alone and no, I'm not talking about living by yourself. You can still go out, still have that option.

He doesn't. He see's something beautiful, something with good qualities and perhaps an inherent kindness and with contemplation, chooses to take a chance with it.

If he had never told her, it would be different. Yet he regrets his choice and has the bartender tell her. Then he saves 4,997 Lives.

How is that a rapist? Are people really this fucking stupid?

>Yet he regrets his choice and has the bartender tell her

That's not at all how it happens. When they are at the bar he says there are no secrets between them, and the robot takes this to mean that she knows he woke her up. He was never going to tell her.

It wasn't rape. She just didn't say no because of the implication

>Oh my god. This guy saw me and made a move to get to know me.
>This guy saw me in class and said hello.
>Someone noticed I ride the train with him every morning on the commute and decided to ask about the paper I was reading for smalltalk.

>He's a fucking rapist. Pig. Womanizer.

>this has literally never happened

They likely had doctors and less high tech instruments for medical purposes!

I think a better analogy might be compiling all the information you can possibly find on this pretty woman you see on the bus each day, and then hijacking said bus so you can drive just the two of you somewhere nice and secluded where you can fuck and murder her if it comes to that

Do the other 5000 passengers even have enough food and booze anymore for 4 months?

why are you such a fucking cunt, spoiling the film in the damn title of the thread.

fucking idiot.

Thats the entire point of this film.

Men go nuts without women and women would rather die than admit they cant live without men.

No, the biggest problem is that from all the 5000 people only an engeneer and deus ex officer wke up, the second one at the exact perfect time

This movie would have been so much better if the guy died when they were fixing that weird fire thing.

HAHAHA