White Album
A Hard Day's Night
Let it Be
Please Please Me
With the Beatles
Beatles for Sale
Yellow Submarine

Her Majesty of the story

White Album>Let It Be=Abbey Road>MMT>Revolver>Sgt. Pepper's>Help>Beatles For Sale>Rubber Soul>Please Please Me>A Hard Day's Night>With The Beatles>Yellow Submarine
This is how God intended it

1. Rubber Soul
2. Revolver
3. Abbey Road
4. Sgt. Pepper's

rest is irrelevant.

White Album
Abbey Road
Sgt. Pepper
Rubber Soul
Let it Be (Naked)
Mystery Tour
Revolver

Everything else

Reminder that magical mystery tour is not a real LP and isn't even that good, anyway.

Plebeian: Revovler is the best Beatles album.

Contrarian: Abbey Road is the best Beatles album.

Dumbass: Sgt Pepper is the best Beatles album.

Acceptable: White Album is the best Beatles album.

Patrician: Rubber Soul is the best Beatles album.

White Album
Revolver
Abbey Road
Sgt. Pepper
Rubber Soul
Help!
A Hard Day's Night
With the Beatles
Please Please Me
Beatles for Sale

The rest weren't real albums

I agree, I used to rate it highly because of the individual songs but it's just not fair to the other ones

they could (and should) have just put strawberry fields and penny lane on Sgt Pepper, they were already finished

Let it Be no where near that high lad, nor is Rubber Soul anywhere near that low

I think the white album is pretty overrated, there are maybe 7 great songs on there but I always feel just cause its a double album most of it is shit filler
they should have just released the good songs, it always feels like an afterthought of theirs to me

I love Rubber soul but it's hardly what I'd call the patrician choice, it comes 1st or 2nd in most lists
Abbey Road isnt contrarian, just go back and listen
It's amazing even without the medley, but once you add that it is absolutely perfect.
only wish John had contributed more to it

>I love Rubber soul but it's hardly what I'd call the patrician choice, it comes 1st or 2nd in most lists

Being the popular choice doesn't make it not-patrician

Revolver is their absolute peak. You should put it on #1

Anyone here played the Beatles Rock Band? Unironically one of my favorite video games of all time and really puts into perspective how short the Beatles's lifespan was. Really crazy how many genres and styles they went through in like seven years.

Perhaps with the exception of Revolver (and if you want Rubber Soul), was Scaruffi actually quite fair with his ratings?

why does everyone hate beatles for sale?

Scaruffi is unironically a meme and moron. I say this as someone who doesn't really care for the beatles.

Not at all. 3s, 4s are for SHIT albums, and Beatles have 0 shit albums.

>Revolver has the same rating as Yellow Submarine
>Help has a lower rating than Yellow Submarine

Scaruffi is a good reviewer when it comes to review a non-pop album

That game was dope as hell

True. Perhaps what he doesn't realise (and goes on to type in blood about) is that some artists and bands truly are popular for a reason. When I listen to the medley on Abbey Road, this becomes clear - because while other artists were good at making great music through experimentation, what The Beatles (well paul mccartney mainly desu) came to realise was that composing something well enough appeals way better than some of the more abbrasive sounds produced by bands around at that time.

Bro what the fuck?

Like everyone has their own Beatles rankings, but putting Help! that high while putting Beatles for Sale so low???? They're so similar!

Objectively, it's
Abbey Road > Sgt. Peppers=MMT > White Album > Revolver > Rubber Soul > Help! > Let It Be > A Hard Day's Night > Beatles for Sale > Please Please Me > With the Beatles > Yellow Submarine

let's face it, half the time it does to morons on here

I would have just said whatever had he not given yellow submarine a 5 and help a 3, that seems totally bizarre to me

cause it has some reeeeeally shitty covers that drag it down

that's a fair point, but the instrumentation and lyrics in Help are much better and more inventive
maybe I was getting carried away to put it above the white album though

white album is LEAUGES better than Help!

I have a tendency to look at the albums based on peoples contributions, maybe thats why I thought of it that way

I feel John was really lacklustre on the white album, and only moderately good thereafter on abbey road ...
Yer Blues - a song he tried to play off as a joke, a cool grumbly song but not that impressive
Dear Prudence - I think maybe their most overrated song
Revolution - the single version is much better, let's face it
Sexy Sadie - one of John's weak "adjective and female name" songs, dont care for them at all
Julia - admittedly a really nice song

maybe my bias to him made me do that, but I really don't think Paul's songs on the white album are that great either. Blackbird is a great instrumental part but the song is mushy, same exact thing applies to Martha my dear. From what I've read, the white album was something they staggered across the line in India
While My `guitar gently weeps is the best song on there, and George honestly finished stronger than the others, he helped make abbey road what it is

compare those to Help!, Ticket to Ride, Yesterday, The Night Before, You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
they're just much better imho

what? john was the fucking star of the white album, every song of his on there is incredible

1. Magical Mystery Tour
2. Help!
3. white album
4. Revolver
5. Abbey Road
6. A Hard Day's Night
7. Rubber Soul
8. Sgt. Peppers
9. Let It Be
10. Beatles For Sale
11. With The Beatles
12. Please Please Me

Revolver > the rest

Sgt Pepper 8th

I'm not it's biggest fan, but what is this

gotta disagree, I do like yer blues and Julia and I'm so tired is ok, but he had WAY better moments than the white album.
he was all doped up on heroin, he even admitted it damaged him as an artist and he only thought it was good at the time

I don't like Hey Jude all that much.

I still think Sgt. Peppers is a 7/10 album at worst... It's greater than the sum of its parts.

I really dont like it either lad. It goes on too much, the nananana ending is annoying
Something like let it be is a tasteful length and a nicer song imho

I'm more of a John guy than a Paul fan anyway

>It's greater than the sum of its parts.
This concept doesn't exist in music.

Revolver
Rubber Soul
Abbey Road
Sgt. Pepper's

1. Revolver
2. Sgt. Pepper
3. MMT
4. White Album
5. Let It Be
6. Rubber Soul
7. Help!
8. Abbey Road
9. Beatles for Sale
10. A Hard Days Night
11. With the Beatles
12. Please Please Me

Eh...
I mean they're not my favourite songs but it's a top album.
It might sound silly but I like the idea of it being a studio album but made like it's a concert
I think it's their most creative point and it's reflected in the songs. I really like a day in the life lsd help from my friends and she's leaving home

Every album I ranked above Sgt Pep has better individual songs in my opinion. For instance, the "album experience" is stronger on Sgt. Peppers than A Hard Day's Night, but I hold the individual songs on AHDN in higher regard.

Different strokes. I prefer Ram and Band on the Run to any Beatles album.

>8. Abbey Road

WITH THE BEATLES IS TOP 5 BEATLES ALBUMS

Sgt Peppers = MMT > Revolver > White Album >> Let It Be = Abbey Road >>> Rubber Soul >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the entirety of Ringo's solo career >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything pre-Rubber Soul

Yellow Submarine is a difficult case because it's pretty much worthless but at the same time it includes two tracks that are amongst their 10 best (It's All Too Much and Only A Northern Song). It's a waste, really; those songs wouldn't be out of place on either MMT or Sgt Pepper's.

10/10

>I prefer Ram and Band on the Run to any Beatles album.
Absolute patrician.

All y'all ranking Help high but BfS low are hilarious

All y'all ranking With the Beatles above Please Please Me are hilarious

>Amazing!
Abbey Road 9.1/10
Revolver 9.1/10
Sgt.Peppers lonely hearts club band 9/10
The Beatles (White Album) 8.8/10
Rubber soul 8.8/10
Magical mystery tour 8.5/10

>Really good
A Hard days night 8.2/10
Help! 8.1/10
Let it be 8/10

>Good
Please please me 7.8/10
With the Beatles 7.7/10
Beatles for sale 7.6/10

>Fine
Yellow Submarine 6.7/10

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

can someone explain why people like revolver so much? the only great tracks are taxman, eleanor rigby, im only sleeping, and tomorrow never knows

>solid collection of psychedelic pop songs
>very well produced and still sounds good 50+ years later
>the beatles at their most creative and "experimental"
>arguably their first really consistent album
>invented a particular "sound" that's been influential in subsequent pop music

>Abbey Road
>contrarian