Does Morality exist?

Does Morality exist?

How do you imagine that it exists?

Yes it does.
It exists as a word.

Also, 1 post by this ID

I want to add some questions because I was just about to make a morality thread.

Can people be moral without God?

Did the Western world become degenerate because we stopped believing in God?

Spook.

I didnt want to ask that in my first post be/c those questions always trigger autists.

We first need to ask what is morality?

yep, moving away from god made us distance ourselves

okay, please prove it.

Morality is relevant to the individual.
It is up to the individual to decide whether it is beneficial to serve himself, others, or maybe sometimes both.

If I can imagine it, it exists, at least in my imagination.

If I can manipulate the imagination of more than 50% of the other people out there, then it most certainly exists.

This is how memes work.

Always remember, the Jew fears the samurai.

Righteousness (義 gi)
Courage (勇 yū)
Benevolence (仁 jin)
Respect (礼 rei)
Sincerity (誠 makoto)
Honour (名誉 meiyo)
Loyalty (忠義 chūgi)
Self-Control (自制 jisei)

Morality will exist as long as Christianity does.

Thank God we don't live on atheist cuck island

virtue ethics are always based.

I would say they are volkish or epitomize the iron pill.

But thats exactly what your fucking country is pushing to the world. Its like you fucking burgers worshipped slaneesh or some shit. If Trump doesnt win i hope all your population suffers a horrible fiery death.

he's right, but the sad part is that the majority aren't even aware that the globalism they promote and push to the world is destroying cultures.

It's systematic brain-washing

>Can people be moral without God?
The problem is they cant define what is moral

tfw 仁 is my name

>Prove a spook

Spook proven.

society runs on morals

if you're part of society you follow the morals it follows

if you violate those morals society ejects you or punishes you somehow

deal with it

>what is UPB

>Jin (moonrunes for benevolence)
Pretty god-tier name desu senpai

>universal
Just because you call it something doesn't make it true

It's not some magical force, but a logical thing to abide by so people can work together without constantly backstabbing each other.

It exists objectively in the sense that body language exists, and it exists subjectively in the sense that you can add or change what your body says.

Yes, people can be moral without God. In fact, the bible says that man knows goodness within his heart anyway. (i cant remember which verse).
The western world didn't become degenerate because of atheism; however, the reason why a lot of people became atheists is why the western world became degenerate, and that's because they moved away from ritual propriety.
In our customs, like the placement of the silverware on a table, saying grace, prayer, Sunday observance, Christmas, work, manners, etc, are all rituals; and when we do rituals to eachother, it's the gift that keeps on giving, because it creates a sense of propriety in society, conformity, and honor.

Analects (Confucian writings)
[2:3] The Master said: “If you govern the people legalistically and control them by punishment, they will avoid crime, but have no personal sense of shame. If you govern them by means of virtue and control them with propriety, they will gain their own sense of shame, and thus correct themselves.”

"Universally preferable" is the principle and a logically reasonable goal. If you disagree, you're either selfish or stupid.

you must have a low IQ,

present premises that lead you to be a moral nihilist.

Thanks for the excellent and insightful answer :)

>you're either selfish
What is wrong with being selfish?

Morality is a social construct.

what is wrongness?

I hope you can see that it is a philosophical discussion on meta-ethics.

Present premises that the question of something as present, overt, innate and obvious as morality as it has been constructed and managed in society should be taken seriously and not mocked and derided as post-modernist garbage in the first place.

It deviates your actions to destructive, self-fulfilling ends that are ultimately less beneficial not only to others, but also to yourself, as you do not benefit from the fulfilled prosperity of co-operation

you are not philosophically literated.

there are moral nihilists that present arguments for their beliefs.

Mackie is a famous example.

>Can people be moral without God?
Of course, not everybody though, most people don`t have the fortitude to confront their own mortality and need something higher up to keep them in check, even if it false.

>Did the Western world become degenerate because we stopped believing in God?
Yes, why? see answer above.
I was raised catholic, but I have been atheist for a long time, even so, it makes me happy that here in south america, people goes from the traditional church to the protestant ones, as long as the christian faith is strong, there`s a low chance that Islam will get in, as it is doing in Europe.

How were Genghis Khan's actions not beneficial to himself?

It exists as neurons saved in human memory

You are over-saturated in effete dialectic of old self-titled intellectuals and Marxists who found a way to poison and destroy language.

The question of if morality exists is self-solving, the question of if one should ascribe to it in anyway is a question of application and not one of existence.

His legacy was destroyed by in-fighting among his sons after his death, because he instilled in them, through his actions and accomplishments, his conqueror's 'ethos' without tempering it with his philosopher's 'ethic'. Instead of being remembered as a great man and the founder of a dynasty, as he desired, he is remembered literally as a barbarian rapist warlord.

morality is enforced by the police and the laws
if you could do anything you wanted to without repercussions you would no matter what you say