"Capeshit" aside, does anyone else agree that the first Captain America film was actually really good

"Capeshit" aside, does anyone else agree that the first Captain America film was actually really good.

Likeable protagonist, really good origins/back story, decent villain, music was actually more memorable and fit well, colour grading wasn't dogshit despite the fact it's set in concrete and/or muddy war related scenery and you can literally watch it as a sci-fi war film rather than a superhero movie and it still stands out pretty well.

yes

No, it was retarded. They're all retarded.

Winter soldier>all capeshit(only ones with actual fucking capes)

it's great but don't let all the whining pretentious faggots on this board fool you into thinking that most Marvel movies aren't kino. The Winter Soldier was even better than the first imo.

I like them all to be honest, there's a lot that needs some work and some negatives I agree with like the shitty colour grading in the digital-shot ones, the scores on the majority of them being pretty unmemorable and with the exception of a couple of villains, most aren't that great. Not to mention there's no carry-over between films, they're shot like American sitcom episodes where everything resolves itself by the end and then they face a new problem in the next.

I liked winter soldier but the first CA was nice because it was something different to all the others. I think that's why GotG is rated as one of (if not the best) MCU film yet.

I just think the first CA is grossly under-rated as a film in general.

That's a big cock

>don't let all the whining pretentious faggots on this board fool you
you mean the adults?

>movie and character named Captain America
>good

jingoistic propaganda crap

it was a pretty good movie until the montage, then goes good again when he was about to die

I liked how it succeeded in introducing Captain America, one of the campiest, most outdated ideas for a character in history, in a surprisingly charming way. It almost has that weird pulp feel to it even though it was released in 2011. Cap comes off as everything he was loved for decades ago, still campy and with that all-American attitude, but without being cringeworthy at all. It's a very blissful movie, fun and well made but still with decent characters.

the post credit scene was a good scene desu

>I had a date

It felt like a Harry Potter movie and once again it made ww2 look like a campy fun time
>bullies

Tbf I agree that more focus on the dark aspects of war would have made it better. I liked the fact it focused on someone genuinely wanting to help and do his part before he got his "powers" roids, despite being the ultimate beta-male. Better than "Oh I got some cool super-shit, guess I should probably help out now", which is 90% of the other superheroes.

Just compare his costume to what we got later.

They saw the error of their ways eventually.

pretty good. Second half ruins it tho

Yeah that was fucking dreadful. I don't think a single person on the planet liked that, hence why they ditched it. Even his cotton stage costume was better than that camp dogshit.
This and the original were great.

I couldnt accept it, Ive always had a vision for a grim dark captian america film. red skull shouldve stayed alive cause hes such a bad ass villian honestly

I didn't see the first

for me it was pretty solid until he started fighting Hydra, then the cringing began, but that's not the Capt's fault.

Its also very gay

Disney Marvel should fix this

I just got the Top-Gun bro-homo vibe which didn't bother me in the slightest

>I just got the Top-Gun bro-homo vibe

This is worse than I thought that's gay conforming it

>vibe
As in it's 2 guys are war who form a meaningful bond since they could die at any fucking moment.

Yes.

Best capeshit since Superman, nothing's been as good since.

Also Winter Soldier was absolute garbage and made me want to leave the theatre.

>Fight me faggots

Yes.

Best capeshit since Christopher Reeve's Superman, nothing's been as good since.

Also Winter Soldier was absolute garbage and made me want to leave the theatre.

>Fight me faggots

Evans portrayal made this good. If it was someone like Henry Cavill; Steve Rogers innocence, passion and integrity would have come out cringy and extremely cheesy.

Compared to Iron Man 1 and 2, this one had the better writing. My only complaint would be the lack of Steves training scenes.

Hulk is another good one from Marvel IMO. It continues the story from the old TV series.

Thor is "okay", found it bnetter than Iron Man 1 and 2, have yet to see 3.

same director, dummy

No, it was boring and an insult to everyone who ever fought in World War 2.

No more insulting to any other American war film.
>PEW PEW PEW we win everything!

The first captain america is probably my favorite MCU movie and my favorite MCU trilogy. It was pretty enjoyable and had nice campy/cheesy feel that fit the time period. Then we get Winter Soldier which gets a bot more serious that fits with the modern setting. Civil War has a bit to much forced in to it, but i liked the Steve/Bucky relationship

First Cap America was solid entertainment. Not sure why people hate it
Plus it has the best villain in Marvel

Winter Solider was fine though over rated

Civil War was shit

This

They already had a bind, dingus

I think Civil War was the best of the three, it's just that people have had their opinions warped by the constant spamming of the airport scene.

Entire 2nd act of the film is a satire of the propaganda retard

i don't fight retards

It was a mediocrity, really it was passable but you feel nothing watching it just like every Marvel film. You can't compartmentalize and try to justify why you like a market researched product done by a board room to appeal to kids and manchildren.

There is no middle ground, all of these movies are complete garbage and follow the same beat as the the last film.

It doesn't stand out, it's completely forgettable like the whole franchise.

Fuck off.