4 >> 3 > 2...

4 >> 3 > 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >1

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/aug/23/blackadder-new-series-on-the-cards-tony-robinson
youtu.be/aKfbSHW9uGA
youtu.be/QC3sURgYxng
youtube.com/watch?v=fYJZqJezjz4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How come Black Adder's descendants got so much smarter?

Decline of the family position and wealth probably forced him to use cunning to get by.

(really its because they wanted to make use of Atkinson's comic range as a method of drastically revamping the second series, and it worked.)

Eh, I can see that, but my fav is 3.

I really like 3 too, definitely moreso than 2 which surprised me when I was younger because I was told 3 isn't as good as either 2 or 4. 4 is just too good imo, everyone in it is firing on all cylinders.

4 is obviously best

The rest each had their own qualities. 2 is classic blackadder. 3 was higher quality in some respects.

I don't see what makes normies cringe over 1, it had a different style but I just see it as lighthearted history themed fun. It is like an extended horrible histories sketch which you ought to be ok with. Don't you want to see Brian Blessed being loud and Miriam Margoyles lusting after Rowan Atkinson who is acting like a little dweeb? Why would you have a massive problem with this? I don't know anymore.

same here. Season 3.

1 was so bad he didn't include it in the xmas special

1 is not atrocious the problem is that it just doesn't fit in at all with the rest of Blackadder, which has otherwise become far and away the most well known form of Blackadder and therefore telling newcomers "don't start with series 1" is tempting because of the difference. In any case thats how it was for me anyway - I never saw the first series repeated on TV during the 90s, only 4 and 2 were (I didn't get to see 3 until I got the DVDs of the series, and found it was brilliant.)

yeah, I did 4 > 1 then dropped.

I loved 1.

Overrate tripe. I don't know why being condescending and abusive towards others is apparently "funny".

2>3>Movie

4 and 1 are depressing/boring and I never rewatch them.

3 is the purest representation of the class element that is in the other series, one who typifies each

In other series, Blackadder has an equal in class, i.e. Percy or Darling, even Melchett to a certain degree, but the third is basically 3 blokes in a room exercising their class stereotypes

>4 is depressing/boring
Literal woman-tier opinion.

Also shout out to Let Them Eat Cake. Which is French and Saunders doing Blackadder.

I like 3 more than 4. I felt season 4 had a bit too much of his sarcastic comparison/insult thing Blackadder. Like it was one after the other and I felt sometimes they were overdoing it. 3 was more spaced I felt.

I'm a 42 year old Woman (not a sleazy tranny). Doesn't make my opinion any less valid.

Kinda does tho :/

I like them all. But as the series progress, he gets lower ranked.

1st: Prince
2nd: Duke
3rd: King's Servant
4th: Captain in the British Army

But then in the 2000 Film he's back up to Lord I think.

1st is him trying to become King
2nd is him trying to get rich/marry Queen
3rd is him trying to get rich
4th is him trying to survive
Film is him trying to impress friends.

They did plan to do a 60's Rock Band one. Sir Tony Robinson said that there were plans for a return of Blackadder. Seeing as Red Dwarf, Goodnight Sweetheart, Birds of a Feather, Are you Being Served? and Open All Hours returned, I don't see why Blackadder can't.

>as the series progress, he gets lower ranked.
That's kind of the point, the gag, that as Blackadder loses social status he becomes more intelligent. And Baldrick becomes less intelligent.

They said the 1st series didn't work and it was much better when Baldrick and Blackadder switched characters. In 1st, Blackadder is dumb as a plank and is saved by Baldrick. From then on, Blackadder is smart and is put into the shit by Baldrick and Percy/Melchet/Queen/King/Prince/Flash whatever.

I just liked how as time progressed, people end up dropping further down the rank and how social status doesn't follow you throughout history. Also the ending of S4 was done by a work experience lad. I hope he got a perma job at BBC.

>They did plan to do a 60's Rock Band one.

Whenever this is mentioned I can't help but feel that it would be an absolutely terrible idea.

And although I did like the film, I don't think it was good enough to prove that Blackadder should continue for a 5th series, and the film was only 10 years after the Goes Forth I think.

I liked the film but it needed live audience adding laughter to it. Lots of the time in the series, you see the cast trying not to laugh themselves and it adds to the enjoyment for me.

But, they can always come up with another idea. I dunno, have Blackadder be a businessman or a banker or something. Maybe have him as a politician? A bit like "In The Thick Of It"

2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else

>Also the ending of S4 was done by a work experience lad
Why would they give someone doing work experience an actual role in making a show? Surely he should have just been watching?

Regardless, if that's true then he made the best ending to a tv show I've seen.

what stream service has Black Adder? i don't think Netflix US has it.

>Tony Robinson said that there were plans for a return of Blackadder
every fucking year this faggot says this and comes up with more and more ridiculous theme

did he have nothing better to do since the series ended 20 years ago and the rest of the cast moved on and made their careers?

Basically the planned ending was them charging over the field, being gunned down. That's it.

But then the work experience lad remembered a video he saw when he was doing some shit. So he rushed off and got the poppy field scene. So instead of showing the charge, they showed it, slowed it down and then faded to the poppy field + bird song.

There is an tv show about Blackadder and it explained this.

theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/aug/23/blackadder-new-series-on-the-cards-tony-robinson

That was the last time he said it.

Just to be clear that I understand the seasons correctly.

Season 1 = Medieval with King Brian Blessed
Season 2= Elizabethan era
Season 3= Georgian era with Prince House
Season 4= WWI with Stephen Fry

I liked the Christmas special in the Victorian era.

First seasons are often a little weird because the characters aren't ironed out yet. They clearly reconsidered the black adder character after season one.

I still dream of an entire series set in the Christmas future episode

I really don't get why people shit all over 1. I mean yeah it's not as good as everything that came after and Blackadder is a wildly different character, but it's still alright.

>he can't handle a geniously done pathetic protagonist, because he needs to insert himself into a sarcastic, know it all, super intelligent one

Back & Forth = 3 > 1 > Christmas Carol > Cavalier Years > 2 > 4

I might put 3 above Back & Forth, but Back & Forth really ended the series well.

I liked 1 for its set pieces. Not as funny as 3 or 2, yes, but it felt immersive.

I found 4 the weakest: it was good WW1 humour, but Blackadder was too far removed from royalty by that point.

It was included in Back & Forth though.

The Robin Hood segment was a callback to Blackadder 1.

Yes

Blackadder 3 was kino. The best blackadder series.

The christmas special complemwnts it well. 18 to 19th century

this
season 3-4 is too /reddit/ for me.

Elizabethan era also had Stephen Fry.

ive always been told to skip 1 and 3. I never got around to seeing 3, i should

3 > 4 > 2 >>>> 1 >>> Christmas Special

I like the cringe humour and autism in 1, but the other seasons are generally comfier and neater.

I want a Blackadder general.

based Lord Flashheart
youtu.be/aKfbSHW9uGA
youtu.be/QC3sURgYxng

I genuinely don't understand the point of Lord Chadheart other than to make cheap innuendos

Season 1 is fantastic

>I am the HAWK
>Back when I knew him he was the Thrush

WUFF!

The 60's one had the concept of them being in a band and Tony Robinson would be a drummer named Bald Rick

>there are people who don't into this brilliance

youtube.com/watch?v=fYJZqJezjz4

>dude superstition is bad and cold British logic is superior lmao

LAMO

The Witch hunter plays Cat in Red Dwarf.

Im affraid that's incorrect user

Oh. Maybe you're right. Who is it?

That's Frank Finlay. He was a Musketeer

3>2>Christmas Carol>4>Back and Forth>1>Chevalier Years

Blackadder season one is severely underrated and is easily on par with three and four
Blackadder two is my personal favorite, I found it absolutely brilliant

Macbeth.

Aahhhhh. Hot potato, orchestra stalls, Puck will make amends.

Macbeth?

Aahhhhh. Hot potato, orchestra stalls, Puck will make amends.

yes, but what about Baldrick?

Spring has come, with all its gentle showers. Methinks it's time to hack the Prince to death.

What's the single best episode?

What's the single best gag?

He was never remarkably intelligent, just amoral and surrounded by idiots.

what said, Blackadder is always surrounded by complete idiots but he's not exactly a genious, and gets himself into trouble a fuckload because of his own arrogance

> EDNA! FIGHT YOU WITH US ON THE MORROW?

>Mr Blackadder, I am PRINCE

Demonstrate your CIA from the plane scene

RROOOOOOAAA Dr. Pavel I am Cee Eye Aye.

I didn't know Al Pacino was in Blackadder.

I feel like the film put a bow on the series well enough. We finally caught up to present-day and a Blackadder finally got to be king,

I have only one thing to say to you.

BANE

AHHH! Hot heads! Get out of here! Leave us in the wreckage brother!

Sir do not mention thename of the "big guy"!

Hard to pick between 4, 3, and 2. 1 is just different but its not as good without cynical and black humour Blackadder

The last ep of S1 was GOAT though
but yeah 4 > 3 > 2 >>>>> 1