Why the hell does he have a robot hand there...

Why the hell does he have a robot hand there? I mean he got a robot hand that looks like an actual hand so why would he trade it in with shitty technology that isn't even fun to jerk off with but makes you look like the fucking Terminator? Same goes for C3PO's red communist arm - did the galaxy run out of fucking gold?

maybe he ripped the skin

It's still the same hand, the fake tissue just chipped off and he never repaired it because he's a jedi NEET.

Lives in a galaxy with all that amazing shit and then he gets some cheap skin tissue that easily rip off if weather conditions aren't too good?

Also what about C3PO?

It's not just that it's cheap, it's that it's been a long time since he got it. Might have even ripped off in an accident, who knows. When you're roughing it as a hermit, shit can happen.

C3PO having to replace his arm is probably because he's a clumsy idiot, not sure why he got it red but he's a flaming homo so maybe he thought it was a fashion statement.

our daddy taught us not to be ashamed of our dicks

They gave him a red arm so they could make more money by having two different C3PO collector action figures

but what about the droid attack on the wookies?

He has the robot hand in the flashback on a lava planet/by a bonfire. Maybe he burned it off there.

C3PO to sell more toys and to give Numales an excuse to spout comic trivia. And le epic silver leg reference.

They gave C3PO a red arm because JJ and Kojima are friends, and Big Boss has a mechanical arm like it

Too much fappin he wore the skin off

is that actually true? a MGS reference in SW or did you just make this shit up? i want this confirmed.

His post is true except for the word 'because'.

Hard times for the Galaxy far far away.
Thanks Obama.

He got circumcised by the mouse

it was fitted 20 years earlier, you think stuff lasts forever?

dumb starposter

there's a photo with Kojima giving an MGSV copy to Abrams

The skin was damaged in ROTJ when some guy shot his hand. That's why he wears a glove after the sail barge part. It was probably easier to go without skin than to have to constantly repair it.

Is true, there's even dlc for the star wars Lego game for c3po called phantom something that explains why he has that. It's a homage to based kojimbo.

To demonstrate to the kids who never watched the original trilogy that his right hand is a cybernetic prosthesis.

>not wanting to fap with a metallic hand that let's you pretend it's somebody else

Wait a minute

I remember that the robot hand they install looks perfectly normal at the end of Empire Strikes Back

So why does he wear a black glove over it for the entirety of ROTJ?

Sand gets in everywhere user

He gets shot in the hand during the Jabba rescue scene

He should've used someone's mouth instead of his hand

look closer and you can see a bit of the rubber flesh thats still there

The fake hand skin probably doesn't heal like real skin. If he scrapes it on a rock that damage is permanent. Maybe he scraped it a few too many times and had to pull it off because it was all ripped up.

>Lives in a galaxy with all that amazing shit and then he gets some cheap skin tissue

That shit ain't cheap. It's top of the line. His dad could've got the best prosthetics of the time when he was a Jedi and that shit didn't have skin.

he lost it in the fight with kylo

I still think THIS version of Luke should loose some weight so that a dude at least is able to look alike "Mean & Lean" Jadi master who has gone a lot in his entire life to get where he is at the point of him encountering Rey for the 1st time. In this way, everything he has on start seeming to have the story to tell.

I'm laffin

It's possible that the artificial flesh just rotted off over time, but you know what I think?

I think it's not going to be explained in the film and if you want to find out the story of why his robot hand looks different, you'll have to read some bullshit comic book or young adult novel or something.

Reminder that robotic hand is what stopped him from going to the dark side.

That's why he keeps it that way.

Oh shit, I'm sorry.

The only smart person in this entire thread.

C-3PO literally became "Punished C-3PO" in a one shot comic (yes, it is canon). It wasn't bad but silly nonetheless.

Was it because when he cut Vaders hand off he realize he was also a human similiar to himself who went trough suffering and was more than someone he just wanted to kill?