Thoughts on britpop?

thoughts on britpop?

The last big rock movement. Everything since has been niche.

Besides Blur and Oasis who are those?

What about the indie movement in the 2000's?

This was the actual last movement.

Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood at the left
Richard Ashcroft at the right
Justine Frischmann at the right of Damon
no idea about the others

They were britpop?

yes

Everything up to the apex of animal collective with Merriweather post pavilion was not as popular as fans and journalists would have you believe. The strokes, who started it all, Arent played on rock radio. Neither are tv on the radio or the yeah yeah yeah or anyone. If you didn't live in a big city or go to certain websites you could avoid their music. They were never the dominant genre on mtv for example. Compare that to blur vs. Oasis when they were fighting for the number one song in their country. No indie revival act came close to that popularity. The closest were the white stripes.

nationalist bread and circus bullshit the new labour government used to distract the uk proles

A lot of people hate brit pop because it was retro and not innovative enough

I don't disagree with this but it was excellent fun.
Fucking loved every minute of it. No regrets at all.

It was about more than music, it was lifestyle, fashion, a whole package and extended a bit into dance/electronic music and pop also.

The feeling that something is going on in pop culture is exciting. It hasn't really happened since sadly.

From back left.
James Dean Bradfield (MSP), dunno, her from Sleeper, bad drawing of Luke Haines from the Auteurs, dunno, "Mad" Frankie Fraser (60s gangster, don't get it), Cerys Matthews (Catatonia), no idea, Jools Holland, Lauren Laverne (Kenicke), dunno.
John Peel, Trainspotting (Begbie et al), dunno, dunno, dunno, dunno, Lee Mavers (La's), Tony Blair (arsehole), Richard Ashcroft (The Verve).
Tom Yorke, bloke from the Bluetones?, dunno, really bad drawing of the Gallaghers, Jarvis + Candia Doyle (Pulp), Damon, Justine Frischman, really bad drawing of Kate Moss.

I might have some of them wrong, the drawing style is all over the place. The Kate Moss one I know because I recognise the picture rather than her.

Its not a great likeness really.

Lauren Laverne when she was interesting.

OK, it is her from Sleeper.
I don't think much of the reference material, its not necessarily that representative of what people would remember they looked like. Whoever drew this was just given a list and Googled.

t. kevin shields

The one to the right of Cerys is Brian Molko from Placebo

Ah of course. Just realised the girl in the middle is just Sadie Frost from the Common People video.

But that isn't the Gallaghers at all is it. Ian Brown and John Squire?

>But that isn't the Gallaghers at all is it. Ian Brown and John Squire?

No i'd say you're right with the Gallaghers, it's a pretty bad drawing of them and can see where you're comming from with Ian and John.

It'd be odd not having the Gallaghers in the image but at the same time the Stone Roses should be in it too, and saying that so should Sean and Bez from the Mondays lol