The official chart has been updated, thoughts?

The official chart has been updated, thoughts?

>thoughts?

*dabs*

accurate desu

The anti-poseurcore movement is what Sup Forums needs. Music should always be seen on one field. We need less elitism not more.

Why? It creates discussion.

There is no such thing as entry-level and such, only good and bad albums that are subjective. People need to stop acting like Sup Forumscore and well known and well liked indie albums are somehow bad because a lot of people like and respect them. That shows insecurity with your own taste.

That being said, go exploring, go like whatever music you want to like, but don't rub it in the face of others that you have different taste. Talk about it with them, say "hey I found this cool album if you like _______ you should check it out".

Our mission is simple. We want to end the pathetic competition for "good" taste on Sup Forums that the nu-males on /daily/ created. Music should be for fun, not for showing off. Enjoy music for music. Poseurs will hang.

Post the names of the albums retard, these always have great music

Dear reader, we would like to take this opportunity to inform you on a regrettable subculture which has been forming on our beloved Sup Forums.

>WHAT IS THEIR NAME?

Poseurs.

>WHAT IS THEIR DEAL?

Poseurs are people who go out of their way to cultivate an image of being interesting, by and large through doing their best to cultivate a "sophisticated" music taste.
HOWEVER, as these people have no self-sufficiency of their own, or any knowledge or familiarity with music beyond the pop sphere presented on sites such as Pitchfork, the best they can do to cultivate that image is to go on RateYourMusic and sheepishly drone the top-rated albums of whatever niche genre they think will bring them the most "patrician" or "underground" or "sophisticated" credibility.

IF you were to question them on the merit an album they claim to be a favorite, they would not be able to provide any substantial opinion or judgment regarding it(only empty buzzwords which they regurgitate without ever giving any thought to what they mean or how they relate to that artist) as in reality they have none of the knowledge which would help them to properly evaluate it.
The vast majority of them don't know music theory or have any sort of education(whether through personal exploration or professional education) on music/art history and have no familiarity with the origins, backgrounds and histories of their "favorite" genres, albums and artists. Their education begins and ends with RYM pages and lists and Sup Forums chart thread images.

More effort goes into building up the perfect "patrician" RYM profile and curve using the perfect combination of albums and ratings than into actually trying to understand and genuinely appreciate what they are hearing.

This utter dilettantism and ignorance, however, does not prevent them from nurturing severe superiority complexes which serve as fuel for regular mockery, ridicule and debasement of the rest of this fine board's residents.

>BUT WHAT DO POSEURS ACTUALLY (CLAIM TO) LISTEN TO?

Presented in the OP is a brief introduction to the wild world of poseurcore. It is not an attempt at making a statement regarding the quality of the music produced by those artists. It is not the only music which poseurs listen to. It's just a quick rundown. If you wish, you can also take note of this somewhat more expansive text list of poseurcore favorites.

Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Ksiezyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze and Kaoru Abe

> top 10 pitchfork
> la monte young
What did user mean by this

BASED

>fishmans

so true

>WHAT ABOUT GENRES?

Genres popular among poseurs include, among others: jazz and its variants, industrial music, noise and its variants, "world music" and its variants, non-dance-oriented electronic music and its variants, "smart pop" music, "experimental" music in general.

>WHY SHOULD I CARE?

Because poseurs make this board a more toxic and uninviting place.
Because they fuel tension and antagonism.
Because their use of music as an ego-building tool sets a bad example.
Because, ultimately, their mentalities regarding music, art and their fellow man are just no good.

>IS THERE A SPECIFIC PLACE ON Sup Forums WHERE POSEURS CONGREGATE?

Yes. The hottest beds of poseur activity on Sup Forums are the /RYM/, /daily/ and Top 100 album chart general threads.
Take note of the mentalities with which music is approached in these threads and you are bound to find even more repulsive details than have been exposed in this thread.

Lesser quantities of poseurs can also be found in threads such as the Last.fm threads and the 3x3 Last.fm collage threads. These are a more benign and inconsequential variety of poseur, but they are poseurs nonetheless.

>Wow, this is some pretty heavy shit to take in. WHAT SHOULD I DO? HOW CAN I HELP PUT A STOP TO THIS?

That, friend, is entirely up to you.

This has been an informative thread regarding the subject of POSEURCORE. Thank you for your attention,

- The Sup Forums Anti-Poseur Initiative

almost all of these artists are good, is there anything wrong with legitimately enjoying them in your opinion or what

Fuck your "movement". This board needs more elitism.

This is old bait some actual autistic fuck made. Don't reply.

>not able to enjoy scott walker
literally the entire list is stupid but this pick bafflingly so

>death in june

no

>almost all of these artists are good

>t. avant-teen poseur
shouldn't you be listening to modern classical without knowing any music theory right now?

I don't know why Death In June gets lumped in with the rest of this, they aren't hard to listen to

>almost all of these artists are good

This Heat, First Utterance, that Boredoms album, Naked City and maybe Faust are all enjoyable albums though. I'd agree that I've been highly disappointed by most of the albums in the chart though.

>not liking fishmans

>This scares and terrifies the poseur

>This Heat, First Utterance, that Boredoms album, Naked City and maybe Faust are all enjoyable albums though

SCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNG

Shouldn't you be in a Grimes thread or some other bullshit Top 40/Pitchfork/Trap/Rap thread?

>he doesn't use lightshot to reverse search albums

It's post-elitism dude
just don't be pretentious

The ultimate argument for imageboard elitism's existence is Sup Forums, look at how shitty the board became in such an incredible rate (and the same thing is going on with Sup Forums, but let's not speak of that for the time being).

The average Grimes/Top 40/Pitchfork/Trap/Rap listener is more honest and sincere than the average poseur

It's not 2014 anymore. This movement is dead.

Now we have to worry about these guys.

YOU CAN TALK HOT ON THE INTERNET BOY
THAT'S THAT GOOFY SHIT WE AIN'T INTO THAT BOY

>Doopee Time
>Poseur
I'm pretty sure most of the tracks are just covers of 60s pop songs with silly voices. It's literally Alvin and the Chipmunks core.

You just proved why it is considered poseurcore

Post your personal chart

How?

Yeah, you'd have to be pretty retarded to actually think people are just pretending to like death in june.

This.

this but unironically

A few of these are legitimately great, not just avant teen dreams. Real heads know which ones.

I got current 93, unwound, fishmans, and clouddead, baby-poseur ):

Someone tell me what album this is please and thank you.

nas- illmatic

it's exuma newfrield

Thanks I'll listen to it now.

kek

i wish i could listen to this album again for the first time

Exuma

It says right on his forehead

Basic Channel is unironically good though. Up there with Maurizio

>fishmans on there
Nah

why is dj screw on here?

Ask poseurs, they like to throw a c&s album (Screw mainly) for every 3 onkyo albums on their charts

weird

>Boredoms, Gerogerigegege
>Frank Zappa
>Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane,
>Thinking Fellers Union Local 282,
>Basic Channel,
>John Zorn
>The Residents, Sun Ra
>Magma

If I like one (1) single Scott Walker album does that make me a poser?

I hate this board.

I like most of these records and even own a lot of them in one form or another. How is this shit "poseurcore"? I've never met anyone into any of these records that was posturing for some kind of image. In what world are these records cool to like? Do you think liking these records doesn't get you laid?

If anything, shit like Animal Collective or Flaming Lips is "poseurcore". People into shit like that really think they are listening to some cutting-edge shit when it is just boring Sup Forumscore.

t. poseur

t. retarded faggot

Rec me non poseurcore gorecki if 3rd is so shit

Needs more retarded 70s south american records

All Gorecki is poseurcore.

exhasperatedfrogmeme.jpeg