Ask a Spanish speaker anything (related to the language obviously)

Ask a Spanish speaker anything (related to the language obviously)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J7vreUPCl9c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sos basura

U r gay
Tengo una pregunta
Hay mucho ruso en Rusia?

Not a question.

You're welcome :^)

no porque no hablo portugués

sho me shamo sholanda, como te shamas vos?

Ke oras son haya en tu pais

Which country/region/province/isle has the best Spanish?

So, why portuguese is better than spanish?!

Spain, because is the real and original spanish

it's not :)

no hablás el idioma patricio? que plebeyo sos

You know that's true, bro.

Ele não sabe que o espanhol é um português mal falado. Nós nem precisamos saber espanhol para nos comunicarmos com eles. Nós somos o latim clássico e eles o latim vulgar.

*stabs you*

al chile o la neta?

What is with that tense that is only used in Spain?

sos brasileros que hablan español o argentina 2.0?

cualquiera de las 2

Castillians in suicide watch.

How come:
"ie" -> Spanish
"ei" -> Portuguese

not at all, some castilian medieval kings loved galician-portuguese poems and they thought that it was beautiful and noble langue, castilian was just very practical to teach, speak, write and read, very useful to the new world.

Some dude said "Spain (Castille), the land where kings speak the language of the people; and Portugal, the land where the people speak the language of kings".

Now, obviously this was probably meant as a dig at Castillian, but I think that it just goes to show how a simpler language can have a much wider reach, not to mention how humbler your kings were at that time, whereas ours were always way too ostentatious.

De los sos ojos tan fuertemientre llorando,
tornava la cabeça e estávalos catando.
Vio puertas abiertas e uços sin cañados,
alcándaras vazías, sin pielles e sin mantos,
5 e sin falcones e sin adtores mudados.
Sospiró mio Cid, ca mucho avié grandes cuidados,
fabló mio Cid bien e tan mesurado:

Can you give at least two good recomendations for learning spanish. Now i have a lot of resources, I am not an idiot but I'd like to get a) best graded reader and b) best grammar textbook por favor

explain

it's a shame we didnt keep the Z sound as the Z of the English word "Zip".

I like Brazilian Portuguese a lot, but not the Euro one (because of the word endings in u and sh) but something Spanish should copy from Portuguese is their contractions like na or dum, and I like ais instead of ales and au intead of ado. since it saves one syllable.

comoesta?

It's funny how I've seen both Portuguese and Spanish referring to the other language as "just add more 'i's". You guys did that thing where you turned your tonic "ó" into "ue" and your tonic "é" into "ie":
porta -> puerta
sesta -> siesta
merda -> mierda

Yet you also killed the "ei" diphthong into just "e":
vaqueiro -> vaquero
direito -> derecho

And the like. So we both think each other uses more "i"s than the other, which is funny to me.

Just like we both think each other speaks fast because we slur through all the words, and you guys attack every syllable in rapid-fire, leaving very different rhythms of speech that makes each sound faster than the other to any native speaker.

Yeah, contractions are pretty good, but I guess they come around more if you slur like us.

I'd like to keep the 2nd plural voice like some of you guys do (don't know which ones) without them being lost to formality.

We already use tu, but use a weird mix of "vós" that conjugas the 3rd person BUT uses 2nd person pronouns.

What are the best movies, series and mini-series of Uruguay? No soap operas

Why should I go for Spanish over Japanese? What's the use of it if I already speak English?

Portuguese sounds like Russian, or some kind of Slav language.

Trust me, I know, we've been surrounded by them for the past ~1200 years.

Why are there so many Chinese in Spain?

Portuguese sounds nicer than Spanish desu. Brazilian Portuguese slightly bothers me because their palatalisize the T and D before I.

It bothers me too, but I don't hate Brazilian.

I heard it called Portuguese with extra sugar, which is pretty accurate. Historically, even.

It does get bad when they start screaming, but when calm it's actually pretty sweet-sounding. It sounds kind of naive, but not in a bad way, if that makes sense.

Yeah, we get that a lot.

wtf is that map

Why, the evolution of Slavic languages in Europe over history.

Portugueusicaos, tell me of the Cape Verde people. Who do they work for? Are they big guys?

ah xa sei
penso que "Porta" e mais proximo ao latin.
eu gostaria mais do portugal se cambiasem a J pola X
em espanhol a J e "H forte" pero em portugues e coma "sh"
em galego a J nao existe (sustituida pola X)

This is now a thread about a better Iberian language. We're here to steal the show.

I'm a Portuguese speaker, ask me anything.

Let's all speak Galician and unite the latin-americans and iberians under one language.

they are the embodied WE WUZ people, for they can trace their ancestry to Portuguese slavemasters who fucked nigresses

>galego
É sempre giro ver/ouvir galego.

Ou nosso J vem do Francês, ou o vosso X vem do Castelhano. Não sei qual o original.

Já agora, porque é que chamam "Xantar" ao Almoço e não ao Jantar?

We have tons of them (largest emigrant group after Brazilians), but I've never met one that announced it (although I imagine some black person I've met must have been from there, statistically.

All hot black girls here are from Cape Verde (since most Cape Verdeans are of mixed black/european since it wasn't inhabited when we got there), but not all girls from there are hot.

qt as fuck

o portugues e o frances tenhen moito en comun, coma a cedillla...
a xente non di "almorzo" aqui
en espanhol e "desayuno - comida (xantar) - cena (cea)"
cal e o almorzo en portugues?

Spanish is a stupid pseudo language spoken by 3d worlders.

almoço aqui é o jantar de vocês

aquí decimos almuerzo

Nós temos:
pequeno almoço -> almoço -> lanche -> jantar -> ceia (muito raramente)
breakfast -> lunch -> mid-afternoon snack -> dinner -> late dinner, I guess

>o portugues e o frances tenhen moito en comun, coma a cedillla...
Fomos buscar o nh e o lh ao Ocitano (o ñ vem do galaico-português) e acho que as cedilhas também. Os nossos reis vinham de lá e gostavam muito da poesia Ocitana, por isso adaptámos a grafia deles.

Eu sempre leio os textos em galego como se eu estivesse escutando um "colono" falando (descendente de italianos/alemães que moram no interior do sul do Brasil) kek, principalmente por substituir o "g" pelo "x"

>3D world
what language does the 2D world speak?
>ñ vem do galaico-portugues
pensaba que vinha dos escribas castelan. era para aforrar tinta e recortar palabras do latin - castelán antigo
youtube.com/watch?v=J7vreUPCl9c
Domina - doña
Anno - año

Se calhar tens razão. Terei lido que começou na Galiza e não em Galego?

Do you love me?

non estou seguro...
o galego tem similitudes co castelan medieval en moitas cousas
o castelan antigo ainda non sustituira a F pola H (facer - hacer, falar - hablar, fariña - harina) e o castelan antigo usaba "non" en vez de "no"
realmente houbera disfrutado aprender mais sobre a evolucion do castelan na escola

Kangz with special eyes

Galícia deveria ser um país independente pra língua durar para sempre

Mullata with green eyes.

looks like BR

Which one is it? One of the hypothetical ones? A future?

>implicando que españa non respeta as linguas rexionais
isto non e francia, aqui as lenguas tenhen respeto e poder.
por algo existe o sistema das Comunidades Autonomas.

whats a good way to know when to use the condition or the future. Hablara vs Hablaria when describing something in the future?

Most of them were never descended of slaves, they were really descendant of taskmasters and becoming taskmasters themselves.

ainda bem :)

>but I've never met one that announced it (although I imagine some black person I've met must have been from there, statistically.
it's easy, if nigger has lighter skin and european features, he's most likely a cape verdean
still niggers, but easily distinguishable from angolans and guineans