ITT: Try to predict what albums/artists from the past ~10 years will be remembered as innovative classics and...

ITT: Try to predict what albums/artists from the past ~10 years will be remembered as innovative classics and masterpieces in like 20 years

You'll all see.

vaporwave will be a footnote in the music history books and they'll use this as the example

Has anyone else noticed that even super mainstream hits nowadays are influenced by pic-related?

This, but unironically.

i dunno if it'll be considered super innovative, but it's a fucking masterpiece. seeing how bad the reviews for it was legit makes me angry

DUDE SICK RIFFS

They miss the point though

it might already be seen as a masterpiece

Microtonal Banana is better.

i mean, obviously
but a lot of vocals nowadays i think are indebted to the way burial fucked with his vocal samples
hip-hop has fucked with vocal samples before but not quite like burial

im not gonna say who I am but the albums on my bandcamp page are historically important

psychpop/rock masterpiece

go to bed will

that's not me. you've probably never heard of me

>implying I don't already see

This definitely. Too bad none of their output since has measured up.

lol no. Thank god that particular wave of "psych" revival faggotry is over.

>the past ~10 years
>masterpieces
Pick only one

yeah guys all good music came out before 2010

this is one of the only albums that i think can be classified as criminally ignored. it's literally a psych pop masterpiece. every track is a bona fide classic. the media just greeted it with shrugged shoulders. it'll be recognized in time.

Absolutely this.

Not to mention that it has some legitimately catchy songs for being such an experimental album.

>I AM HOPE, I AM FEAR
>I AM HOPE, I AM FEAR

honestly if this doesn't become an undisputed masterpiece...

inb4 that new meme rap album that's getting shilled

makes me wonder what an album like pinkerton would've had on rym had then been around then
it's a similar sort of concept: make a solid pop album with great singles, get a lot of airplay and popularity, hype builds around the next album and release something much less poppy and more "out there"