Has any artist fallen off more? How can pic related be so good and his new stuff be so awful?

Has any artist fallen off more? How can pic related be so good and his new stuff be so awful?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=87rml7Upxv4
youtube.com/watch?v=cykGnl1KvcM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Inb4 weezer
hate to say it but raditude >>> revival

makes me sad desu, all I want is songs like Cum on Everybody and Role Model but we never will anymore because recovering addicts are such fun sapping cunts

Relapse was good, though.

This
Better to od and die then ruin your legacy

He should of quit after Eminem Show

He stopped doing drugs. Also rap is not for the middle-aged. Literally some polack in his bedroom can put together better shit in a couple days than this guy has put out in a decade.
youtube.com/watch?v=87rml7Upxv4

if Em died right after TES or 8 Mile, he'd be worshiped more than Biggie or Pac

I disagree, Guru was in his middle age when Gang Starr released Moment of Truth and he's a Top 5 MC contender

How will Eminem ever recover?

He is done. Can't even get a tweet.

Because Eminem is a sell out. and also because he said that he is ashamed to be white.

I'm kinda sad that this is true

How the fuck do you go from lyrics like

"My favorite color is red, like the blood shed
From Kurt Cobain's head when he shot himself dead
Women all grabbin' at my shish-kabob
Bought Lauren Hill's tape so her kids could starve"

to

"Girl your booty is heavy duty
Like diarrhea"

he was a fucking genius when he was abusing drugs

He still had it on Relapse. Recovery is where he really dropped off. There are a lot of good examples of his rhyming in that album. This is from Underground, one of the bonus tracks
"Two weeks in Brighton, I ain't enlightened
Bitin' into a fuckin' Vicodin like I'm a Viking
Oh, lightning is strikin', it might be a fuckin' sign I need a psychic
Evaluation, fuck Jason, it's Friday the 19th
That means it's just a regular day (hah!)
And this is the kind of shit I think of regularly
Fuckin' lesbian shouldn't have had her legs in the way
Now she's pregnant and gay, missin' both legs and beggin' to stay"

Underground was on the actual tracklist, not a bonus as far as I remember on my CD.

relapse his flow wasnt stilted like it has been on every album since

You're right. It was track 20, I thought it was from refill. My bad

He even called relapse an "ehhh" album on Not Afraid. Clueless old man transitioned so fast

Lil Wayne

He was a fucking god in the late 2000s. I would go on cam sites and almost all the girls would have a different Lil Wayne song I never heard of in the background.

Yeah he started drinking lean every day, shit clouds the mind.

His best songs come from his drug use. He stopped using drugs after seizure and became mediocre.

You don't get songs like this without drugs.

youtube.com/watch?v=cykGnl1KvcM

Stay Wide Awake is god tier, too.

I thought The MMLP 2 was actually pretty good, honestly.
It's just going from that to Revival, jesus christ what on earth happened between 2013 and 2017?

At that time he was involved with the "underground hip hop'" scene. he could have easily signed to rawkus. however, as time went on he became less involved with any segment of hip hop. there wasn't much music around for him to reference or challenge himslef with. He just went into his own little world.
idk if i'd consider any of his music to be the best of hip hop. some of it is really good rap if that's what you like. But at this point i'm a lot more interested in regionalism and culture than pure rap.

What an average song. It bored me a little bit

if you like rappy rap then lil wayne is one of the more interesting artists you're going to get. if not then suit yourself

His rapping on that track was lackluster. Eminem has more unique lyrics in one verse on most songs from Relapse than Wayne does in this whole song

eh relapse is one of the better eminem albums but it focuses a whole lot on rhyming words where as wayne (post carter 1) is more wordplay and punchlines

Agreed but Eminem even does wordplay and punchlines better on Relapse than Wayne ever did. Ive never got into Wayne

>Infinite:
It's fine but the only songs that are memorable to me are the title track and It's OK.

>The SSLP:
It was pretty damn good album, a great way to start off his career in the mainstream.
Favs are My Name Is, If I Had, and Rock Bottom.

>The MMLP:
Since so many people were offended by what was on SSLP, he decided to respond to them by making something even more offensive and it worked.
I thought it was a good album but I'm not the biggest fan of it. Too much "Me! Me! This is what my life is like! Hey everyone, this album is all about me!"
Fav songs are Kill You, Stan, Drug Ballad, and Kim.

>The Eminem Show:
Probably his best album, he was less interested in offending people and more focused on just writing good songs and a good album.
Favs are Business, Cleanin' Out My Closet, Square Dance, and Hailie's Song.

>Encore:
This was intended to be his final album, at least for a while, and it would end with the death of Slim Shady which happens in the Curtains Down skit.

Dear fucking lord.
This album from 2004 to 2017 was considered by I guess everyone to be his worst album.
I do like probably just under half of the songs here, but fuck, the bad songs range from kinda funny like Ass Like That and Just Lose It to downright unbearable like My 1st Single and Puke.

I know he was on drugs at the time and 4 of the songs originally intended to be on the album were leaked. Two of them being Love You More and We As Americans, which are bonus tracks.
Which is why he wrote songs like Rain Man and Big Weenie.
I do wonder how much better this album could have been without the influence of drugs and if those songs weren't leaked.
I did make my own little "redux" of Encore, I do find it a lot better to listen to than the original album.

This is the album that most people would mark as the beginning of Em's decline.
Favs off Encore are Like Toy Soldiers, Mockingbird, and the title track.

>Relapse:
This album was my first exposure to Eminem, Insane and Medicine Ball being the first 2 song I had ever heard by him.
It is definitely a flawed album, but I do enjoy listening to it.
And unlike most ppl I don't really mind the silly accents he puts on.
Fav tracks are Same Song & Dance, Medicine Ball, Deja Vu, Beautiful, and Crack a Bottle.

>Recovery:
This is probably the most serious album Em's put out. I do like it though. Not much to really say about this.
Fav tracks are Going Through Changes, 25 to Life, and You're Never Over.

>The MMLP 2:
This album seems to be pretty divisive, a lot of fans who love MMLP 1 seem to just dismiss this album, that it's "not as good" as the first one.
I'd say it's just as good, honestly, since he's not so focused on offending people than he is on really topping MMLP 1.
Fav songs are Bad Guy, Headlights, and Evil Twin. And maybe Stronger Than I was for being hilariously bad.

>Revival:
Fuck me, what is this?
I'm not sure how Eminem thought most of the songs on this album were good to release on an album.
The writing, the features, THE FUCKING PRODUCTION.
I'm not sure how you go from competing with what's considered one of the best rap albums of all time to TRYING TO MAKE A WORSE ALBUM THAN ENCORE.
So many of the punchlines are just terrible.
The sampling is so lazy. Really? I Love Rock n Roll? Thanks, Rick Rubin.
And the mixing, dear lord. Some of the songs sound like demos. Why did Em think this was good enough to put out?
The only songs I like on Revival are Castle and Arose.

I can definitely see why people would ignore everything after The Eminem Show, and I can see the appeal post-The Eminem Show. But how on earth can anyone defend Revival?
I'm not sure what he's gonna do next, if this is his final album or if he's gonna pull a Recovery and release another album in the next year or 2 due to the backlash he's getting for Revival.
Can he write another album that maybe tops MMLP2 or has he simply... lost it?

>Less interested in offending people.

Yeah that was when the rot set in. It was his main selling point. Being outrageous sold him more records than his flow ever did

>THE FUCKING PRODUCTION
Rick Rubin was the worst thing that ever happened to him.

Relapse was his best album. The storytelling in every single song was flawless even if some of the material was retarded.

Best
>Deja Vu
>Same Somg and Dance
>Stay Wide Awake
>Beautiful
>Underground

Worst
>We Made You
>Old Times Sake
>Baghpipes From Baghdad

Leftism destroys the mind

I made my own little redux for Relapse like I did for Encore.
I tried to make it more cohesive, incorporating some of the Refill and bonus tracks, mostly getting rid of the unnecessary tracks, and rearranging the track list to give it more of a linear story.

Because that was nearly 20 years ago and realistically how is a 45 year old guy who's been extremely rich for those said past 20 years going to have anything close to the amount of vitriol he had as an impoverished white trash trailer park 20-something year old who was still getting over his abhorrent childhood and his horrible relationship? What the fuck kind of music were you expecting him to produce now?

He never lived in a trailer park

Good discourse

>>Relapse:
>This album was my first exposure to Eminem, Insane and Medicine Ball being the first 2 song I had ever heard by him.
how old are you?

>>Relapse:
>This album was my first exposure to Eminem

You have to be over 18 to post on this website.

its always the struggle which creates the most creative music

>The only songs I like on Revival are Castle and Arose
I thought Offended was pretty nice, felt like classic Eminem rapping over a modern beat. Didn't mind the beat change with the chorus as much as other people.

While I agree his old stuff was definitely his best work, I also agree with other anons in that Relapse is a very good album and I rate it quite highly - like his older content. Stay Wide Awake is easily my favourite off that album. It's a shame he didn't bring out Relapse 2.

honestly SSLP has not aged well